low basketball IQ Team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

low basketball IQ Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He's one of the 5 best defensive rebounders in the country. Not allowing him to rebound on defense would be moronic.
Watch the game. I would argue 50% or more of his rebounds are when no opposing players are under the hoop, or he steals rebounds. he almost killed two of our players going for a rebound that the team had safely secured already.

Reaction Score
Hamilton's rebounding numbers are heavily inflated. Instead of running to the wing on a fast break, he crashes for every rebound and more often than not he pilfers rebounds from teammates.
With all due respect, this made me laugh it was so Fukin dumb

Reaction Score
Watch the game. I would argue 50% or more of his rebounds are when no opposing players are under the hoop, or he steals rebounds. he almost killed two of our players going for a rebound that the team had safely secured already.

Yeah, I don't think so.

Reaction Score
What was Hamilton's contribution tonight? Educate me.
What was Rodney's or Jalen's? I mean Jalen hit a floater, it is about all he can do at this point, and it prompted you to call him "special". If you do not understand what Hamilton does outside of shooting, and more goes into a player contribution than shooting you should just quit now because you are embarrassing yourself

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
he almost killed two of our players going for a rebound that the team had safely secured already.

This is something I've gradually been seeing more as his career goes on. Not entirely sure what it is - does he not trust his teammates' hands (which given what we've seen from Facey may be a legitimate concern)? Or is he simply looking to pad his stats?

Reaction Score
What was Rodney's or Jalen's? I mean Jalen hit a floater, it is about all he can do at this point, and it prompted you to call him "special". If you do not understand what Hamilton does outside of shooting, and more goes into a player contribution than shooting you should just quit now because you are embarrassing yourself
Answer the question toolbag.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
drafted a long complaining post, but eh. Not even worth my energy. Lets just hope this team can win the AAC tournament to save face a little bit.
Save face? The entire country is laughing at us win or lose at that point, as they should be.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This is something I've gradually been seeing more as his career goes on. Not entirely sure what it is - does he not trust his teammates' hands (which given what we've seen from Facey may be a legitimate concern)? Or is he simply looking to pad his stats?
So I'm not the only batshit crazy one? He started doing it this year, A LOT.

Reaction Score
KO needs to go Jim Calhoun / Bobby Knight on this roster. Dham is clearly in a slump , but why are teammates over the past several games arguing with him over plays/ execution? YOU NEVER SAW THIS WITH CALHOUN COACHED TEAMS.

I can understand that our 4/5 positions arent our strengths ....but you have a D-1 scholarship and can't catch/ hold a basketball.....dribble it 3-4 times....make a decent pass when help comes?

Can ANYONE on this team developed a mid-range game ?

The nice-nice isn't working

Reaction Score
Hey DH has been playing poorly but to dog him for being a better rebounder than the others is ridiculous. I applaud his aggressive rebounding.

Reaction Score
Answer the question toolbag.
Answer mine, help me understand why Jalen is "special" because he is hitting a floater 1 out of every 3.5 times he takes it?

I do not need to answer how a guy who had 15 rebounds and lead the team in assists yet again is "contributing" while he is on the floor despite a bad shooting night. Anyone with a brain can see that.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Small ball isn't working. I want classic Calhoum dominating size up front again. I don't want my 3/4 handling the ball and dumping sloppy passes off to our undersized, underskilled bigs anymore.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Hey DH has been playing poorly but to dog him for being a better rebounder than the others is ridiculous. I applaud his aggressive rebounding.

No denying he has been aggressive, and I don't think it's really hurting the team that much. It's not like he's been knocking the ball into the opposing team's hands. It's just a bit of a weird dynamic having someone swoop in when a teammate already has a clear path to the ball.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
DHam need to stop going coast to coast. He never makes it all the way.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Small ball isn't working. I want classic Calhoum dominating size up front again. I don't want my 3/4 handling the ball and dumping sloppy passes off to our undersized, underskilled bigs anymore.

I really, really wish Enoch weren't so behind on defensive concepts. Someone his size needs to be playing major minutes.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
I really, really wish Enoch weren't so behind on defensive concepts. Someone his size needs to be playing major minutes.
But then again, that "Calhoun dominating size up front" I referenced almost never had effective freshman bigs. Our 4/5s often times were very raw and needed development, just like Enoch, unfortunately we don't have much room for error in this garbage conference, as well as Ollie's indecision in regards to what style he wants to play.

Reaction Score
DHam need to stop going coast to coast. He never makes it all the way.
I'm okay with the guy going coast to coast, he is great creating his own shot, unfortunately we have an entire team that can't make a short jumper with any regularity if it all.

Reaction Score
He had 5 assists, 5. I credit him with the 15 boards. But going 2 for 12 is inexcusable. He also turned the ball over 3 times.

Adams had the same amount of points while running the point. And had turned the ball over a single time. Shot 2 for 7. 5 boards. Adams plays with a spark whereas Hamilton does not. I also said that Adams "will be" special.

Reaction Score
Save face? The entire country is laughing at us win or lose at that point, as they should be.

A little bit! Id bet anything that most of us would be excited about winning the AAC tournament and making it into the tournament as opposed to making it into the NIT tournament.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
But then again, that "Calhoun dominating size up front" I referenced almost never had effective freshman bigs. Our 4/5s often times were very raw and needed development, just like Enoch, unfortunately we don't have much room for error in this garbage conference, as well as Ollie's indecision in regards to what style he wants to play.

Exactly, he's not ready yet. I'm not sure if this is true, but I remember reading that he actually got cut from varsity at Norwalk HS his sophomore year. Definitely another project. It's tough when you have that alongside international players like Facey and Brimah who have something like 5 years each of experience playing.

Reaction Score
We are seriously whining that somebody goes after rebounds too hard? I mean, really?

When DHam gets a defensive board we have a chance to ignite a break. When our bigs get it they stand there with the ball until someone can come take a handoff. So if DHam can get a rebound, I want him to go get the bloody thing. If our bigs help clear the path for him, then they are being good role players.

He found a couple guys on hit aheads off his defensive boards (Purvis missed a key one in the corner in the second half that would have put us up 11). He also had the shot blocked once trying to go end to end when I thought he was fouled low. Frustrating thing is he was lowbridged like that twice on the way up, and they called it the second time when he kicked it out to JA who made a 3. Reverse those two calls, and it's a seven point difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom