low basketball IQ Team | The Boneyard

low basketball IQ Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Same mental mistakes and lazy mistakes they've made a year.

Bigs wasting fouls by reaching, slapping and not boxing out.

Poor rotations on defense.

Sloppy passing on offense.

Indifference on transition D.

This team is soft and either don't listen to coaches or don't care about what's being taught.

Reaction Score
Missing a lot of shots, but also not getting offensive boards. Also we shoot so many long distance shots forgetting about Miller.

Speaking of bigs who has really improved (dramatically) over the year(s)?

Reaction Score
Mrs. Hamilton, your son went 2 for 12 tonight. But let's celebrate his 5 assists.
Not my fault you do not know the game of basketball anymore than your avatar can coach football. You will learn over time and stop looking like a mouth breather, I have faith in you.

Reaction Score
Not my fault you do not know the game of basketball anymore than your avatar can coach football. You will learn over time and stop looking like a mouth breather, I have faith in you.
His best stat line was 15 rebounds. That's great if rebounds equaled points. The potential exists that 10 of those boards resulted in 0 points because of his awful shooting.

Reaction Score
Mrs. Hamilton, your son went 2 for 12 tonight. But let's celebrate his 5 assists.

Do you really think that Ollie is doing anything but a poor job with his team? Hamilton is a bad shooter, but when his coach's game plan is to just have him and teammates try and create something out of thin air, that's what you get.

Reaction Score
It's a new year and the same story as last. This core group of players just can't get it done. I honestly have to say I would be happy with a complete face lift of this team and if Purvis and Hamilton go pro. It's like a broken record and you can predict the outcome of the game. No one on this team can hit a shot under 10 ft with any regularity. It's one game they can't miss from 3 and the next they can't hit one from three. They don't ride the one guy who may be hot and look to get him open shots. The defense at times is just none existent. Not sure what's up with Hamilton lately, looks completely lost. Just plain hard to watch this team.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
No rhyme or reason on what they do. Adams and Gibbs took it inside a couple of times. Other than that outside shots. It looks like a pick up offense. I hate to bash but man, pathetic. DHam looks lost. At present he looks lost. Hopefully he gets game back. Still quick threes with a full shot clock. I am lost. Play like this at Houston? It is not going to be a pretty sight.

Reaction Score
Do you really think that Ollie is doing anything but a poor job with his team? Hamilton is a bad shooter, but when his coach's game plan is to just have him and teammates try and create something out of thin air, that's what you get.
I don't think that Ollie is doing well at all. How long do you keep going with the guy who is 12 for 57 the last three games?

Reaction Score
His best stat line was 15 rebounds. That's great if rebounds equaled points. The potential exists that 10 of those boards resulted in 0 points because of his awful shooting.
Now I think you are trolling, you cannot be that dumb. You realize he had a better shooting night than Purvis? Or the guy you said will be "special" Adams does nothing out there, but yea it is Hamilton's fault.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Hamilton's rebounding numbers are heavily inflated. Instead of running to the wing on a fast break, he crashes for every rebound and more often than not he pilfers rebounds from teammates.

Reaction Score
Missing a lot of shots, but also not getting offensive boards. Also we shoot so many long distance shots forgetting about Miller.

Speaking of bigs who has really improved (dramatically) over the year(s)?
We might get some offensive rebounds if the whole team was not behind the arc.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Bad coaching? Which coach on this staff do you think is gonna provide good coaching?

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
It's a new year and the same story as last. This core group of players just can't get it done. I honestly have to say I would be happy with a complete face lift of this team and if Purvis and Hamilton go pro. It's like a broken record and you can predict the outcome of the game. No one on this team can hit a shot under 10 ft with any regularity. It's one game they can't miss from 3 and the next they can't hit one from three. They don't ride the one guy who may be hot and look to get him open shots. The defense at times is just none existent. Not sure what's up with Hamilton lately, looks completely lost. Just plain hard to watch this team.

Just where are Hamilton and Purvis going to go pro?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Biggest problem? This team is a team of a lot of great role-players, no real superstars. No Allen, Kemba, Shabazz' and Okafor on this team.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Can we even point to "chemistry" being an issue anymore? Our two 5th year transfers have been probably 2 of our 3 best players as of late. To me if new guys walk in and are too options like Miller and Gibbs, then chemistry can't be that much of an issue.

Reaction Score
Now I think you are trolling, you cannot be that dumb. You realize he had a better shooting night than Purvis? Or the guy you said will be "special" Adams does nothing out there, but yea it is Hamilton's fault.
What the hell are you talking about. I said Adams will be special. That's all I've said about him.

Reaction Score
Hamilton shot awfully tonight, but he played a better game and did more for the team than anyone other than Gibbs and Miller.

Purvis was atrocious, Adams did nothing and needs to get A LOT better, Nolan, well he played like Phil Nolan, and Ollie looks like he has no idea what he is doing. Those were the issues tonight

Reaction Score
Hamilton's rebounding numbers are heavily inflated. Instead of running to the wing on a fast break, he crashes for every rebound and more often than not he pilfers rebounds from teammates.

He's one of the 5 best defensive rebounders in the country. Not allowing him to rebound on defense would be moronic.

Reaction Score
drafted a long complaining post, but eh. Not even worth my energy. Lets just hope this team can win the AAC tournament to save face a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom