Lovely Kerry Bascom | The Boneyard

Lovely Kerry Bascom

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Mechelle says Kerry had a "ferocious will to score." I like that and I wish I'd had the opportunity to watch her play.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Mechelle says Kerry had a "ferocious will to score." I like that and I wish I'd had the opportunity to watch her play.

It's all true. That's why it so unfair for her to lose her career scoring record prematurely.

Reaction Score
What a great description of Kerry, especially for those of us who didn't see her play.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
BascomPoliquinKerry_gamelg.jpg

Fun player to watch. Dominated through hustle and might.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
is that CD in the background.

I wonder if anyone offer footage of her games, they have to be record somewhere (I suppose but maybe not)

Reaction Score
Coach Auriemma, as one would expect, certainly has footage. In the book, Geno - In Pusuit of Perfection, there is mention of how Coach Auriemma and his wife treated Diana Taurasi and Morgan Valley to a Kerry Bascom night of films. Diana, who had grown weary of constantly hearing Coach Auriemma praise Kerry Bascom, came away stunned and impressed.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I won't say that without Bascom, there is no UConn powerhouse program, but certainly it would have taken longer.

When she talks about her recruitment, it's interesting to hear her say the same things about Geno and CD's candor and bluntness that Breanna Stewart did. No promises- just that she'd have to work extremely hard to achieve the things she wanted. I understand UConn having the luxury of that approach now, but back then, dealing with a recruit that would have been out of reach but for her mother's illness, that was gutsy.

Well, she did get to stay pretty close to home, and she did work her butt off, and even though her mother didn't survive to see her entire college career, Kerry accomplished everything she might have hoped to and more as a basketball player. And Geno accomplished everything he might have hoped for as a coach as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom