Love ya Giffey, but... | The Boneyard

Love ya Giffey, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you don't want to shoot, you need be to be on the bench. Take the shot!

caw

Reaction Score
I think tonight sort of show why he doesn't get more shots. Passed up two open looks. He needs to take those.​

Reaction Score
he needs more swagger, maybe he should go clubbing with the Brothers.

Reaction Score
Maybe he makes so many is he knows better than you guys when to shoot?

Just a theory.
Based on Miller doing the shooting motion with his arm from the bench after Giffey passed up yet another good look in the 2nd half, the staff probably disagrees.

Reaction Score
Maybe he makes so many is he knows better than you guys when to shoot?

Just a theory.

Come on Pal, that's a stretch even for you. He had several wide open 3pt opportunities and passed them up. He has to take those shots to help take pressure off Napier.

Reaction Score
He looks like right after he passes up the shot he knows he screwed up. He hangs his head. Kinda like DD on his off nights.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm wondering if that taped hand is holding him back. He definitely has gotten more opportunities recently but hasn't been taking the shots.

His defense was outstanding this game.

Reaction Score
Hey don't get me wrong, I love the win and I'm not here to be critical. I just think this guy shoots a amazing percentage from 3, I want him to keep firing. A Rash. Anderson light for this team would be awesome come tourney time.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I'm wondering if that taped hand is holding him back. He definitely has gotten more opportunities recently but hasn't been taking the shots.

His defense was outstanding this game.

Yes, he did a much better job on Jack than anyone else. He has been having some difficulty with taking steps.

He looks like he has put on some weight and seems like he has lost a bit of quickness.

Reaction Score
Based on Miller doing the shooting motion with his arm from the bench after Giffey passed up yet another good look in the 2nd half, the staff probably disagrees.

There was a wide open Kromah in the corner. If he didn't travel and Kromah hits the trey, Miller doesn't gesture anything. Giffey had a very, very good game on both ends. PERIOD>

Reaction Score
He played almost the whole game 33 minutes. Scored 9 points on 3-6 from behind the arc. He had 2 rebounds. 3 assists. And a steal. His defense was solid all night. A veteran game by a veteran player.

Not brilliant but a glue game.

Reaction Score
He looks like he has put on some weight and seems like he has lost a bit of quickness.
Son, I'm only going to tell you this one time. If you want to keep posting on the Boneyard, you're going to have to get off the drugs.

jonamos.png

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Hey let's get another thread going about how Bazz doesn't look for him, or willfully doesn't pass to him. Is that still a thing people think?

Reaction Score
Son, I'm only going to tell you this one time. If you want to keep posting on the Boneyard, you're going to have to get off the drugs.

jonamos.png
He played almost the whole game 33 minutes. Scored 9 points on 3-6 from behind the arc. He had 2 rebounds. 3 assists. And a steal. His defense was solid all night. A veteran game by a veteran player.

Not brilliant but a glue game.
True. This is what we expect from him on a good night. He just can't be expected to do things he isn't capable of.

Reaction Score
Hey let's get another thread going about how Bazz doesn't look for him, or willfully doesn't pass to him. Is that still a thing people think?
It is amazing , isn't it? It is like the coaches who see these kids everyday must be missing something.

Reaction Score
He looks like right after he passes up the shot he knows he screwed up. He hangs his head. Kinda like DD on his off nights.

Perhaps he still thinks he's playing for JC. Hard to get him out of your head.

btw: does he have the 'green light' from Ollie, all game?

Reaction Score
He traveled on a couple of plays. His body wants to do one thing (shoot) but his brain has not yet caught up to the "green light" he has.

Reaction Score
He played a good solid game. Caught it once wide open and already had in mind he was giving Boat the ball to his right, blew an open jumper there...…….then the one that Miller was telling him to shoot, I think he made the right move by showing the ball and going around the closing defender but he shuffled. He's still strangely uncertain at times and that's too bad. I don't think there's a lot more there as he is limited but there's more than he shows us at times. But his game is a nice fit nonetheless.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If Giffey won't shoot when he is open, there is no one to blame but Giffey.

Reaction Score
Boatright not Bazz.

Reaction Score
A troubling thing I've noticed about Giff and something that held true again last night was that he always seems to pass up his next open look after a miss almost without fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom