Love will commit to long term deal in Cleveland, but . . . | The Boneyard

Love will commit to long term deal in Cleveland, but . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cleveland has said that it promised Wiggins it would not deal him.

What?

With Love, Cleveland is a finals team for the next 4 years. Deal Wiggins. This one is simple. Get it done.

Wiggins - big potential.
Love - big RIGHT NOW.

Can't believe Cleveland would hesitate on this one.

[Schwartzenneger voice] DO IT. DO IT. [/Schwartzenneger voice]

Reaction Score
Why would they even have to have that discussion with Wiggins? They drafted him. It's not like he came in free agency.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Yea I mean trading wiggins is tough he could be the best 2 in the league in a couple years but I think you have to trade him with love youre the instant favorite to win it all.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
K. Love, Has NEVER even Won a Playoff Game.
He Has NEVER Even Played in a Playoff Game.

Annoys me, when people say how Great Love is.
Dude has Never been good enough to get his team to the Playoffs!

Reaction Score
Wiggins and/ or Bennet and a No. 1

Figure the Celts would offer Smart, Olynyk and at least a No. 1.

Warriors Lee and Thompson plus.

Can't see deal without Wiggins.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
so you give up 2 #1 overall 1st round picks
and a future 1st rounder....

for a guy who has never even been to the playoffs.
so so silly.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Melo for Wiggins. Everyone is happy. Well, I'm not sure about everyone but I sure would be.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score

Have you seen the teams he's played on? You won't get to the playoffs in the West with those teams.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Obviously a game of chicken. Cavs are going to offer Waiters, Bennett & a couple of picks. Minny are going to say Wiggins, Bennett & pick(s).

One of them will blink. Cleveland doesn't have to rush, because Love's effusiveness about playing with LeBron puts them in a good spot.

Wiggins, btw, has the potential to save LeBron's legs for several more top years the way Scottie saved MJ's. Everything about him says "elite perimeter stopper," which means LBJ won't have to worry about guarding the likes of Westbrook, Parker, etc etc etc. And that's huge.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
so you give up 2 #1 overall 1st round picks
and a future 1st rounder....

for a guy who has never even been to the playoffs.
so so silly.
In a heart beat. Bennett is an absolute disaster and isn't really even a consideration in the trade. Wiggins for Love is a no brainier.

Reaction Score
Matrim55 said:
Obviously a game of chicken. Cavs are going to offer Waiters, Bennett & a couple of picks. Minny are going to say Wiggins, Bennett & pick(s). One of them will blink. Cleveland doesn't have to rush, because Love's effusiveness about playing with LeBron puts them in a good spot. Wiggins, btw, has the potential to save LeBron's legs for several more top years the way Scottie saved MJ's. Everything about him says "elite perimeter stopper," which means LBJ won't have to worry about guarding the likes of Westbrook, Parker, etc etc etc. And that's huge.

Great point. LBJ already has a lot of miles on him and is going to hit the downslope right about now where he shifts from athleticism to savviness - picture MJ shooting fadeaways instead of driving through everyone. Wiggins could be ideal. Love does space the floor addition to his rebounding, but won't be nearly as much of a help on the defensive end.

Reaction Score

Love has been on his own. Before Scottie Pippen, Michael Jordan won ONE playoff game. ONE.

Reaction Score
Why not hold off on the trade and wait til next summer when Love will be an unrestricted free agent?
Then the Cavs could keep Wiggins. Obviously, Love could be traded to another team but he would have to agree to a long term deal.

I'm not sure I would do the trade yet. Most would obviously, but Love is not a good defensive player.

I would wait to see Wiggins play in real NBA games. I think people will have a good idea of what he could be even after only one year.

Last edited:

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Why not hold off on the trade and wait til next summer when Love will be an unrestricted free agent?
Then the Cavs could keep Wiggins.
Cavs won't have enough cap space to sign elite unrestricted free agents next season. Right now they can afford Love because Irving's max extension hasn't kicked in - and won't until next summer.

It's now (as in 2014/15) or never for Cleveland. I suspect this goes down to the trade deadline wire.

Reaction Score
Cavs won't have enough cap space to sign elite unrestricted free agents next season. Right now they can afford Love because Irving's max extension hasn't kicked in - and won't until next summer.

It's now (as in 2014/15) or never for Cleveland. I suspect this goes down to the trade deadline wire.

I don't think the Cavs have enough cap space to sign Love right now either if they sign LeBron. They are only going to be able to acquire Love via a trade, whether this year or next year.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Love would give them an inside presence to go along with Lebron and Irving

Reaction Score
Then the Cavs could keep Wiggins. Obviously, Love could be traded to another team but he would have to agree to a long term deal.

I'm not sure I would do the trade yet. Most would obviously, but Love is not a good defensive player.

I would wait to see Wiggins play in real NBA games. I think people will have a good idea of what he could be even after only one year.

I think this is the game being played out. Love is attracted to Cleveland right now and if he elects FA next year then the Cavs can grab him with Wiggins. I believe that's why Wiggins is not on the table.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

He plays on the damn timberwolves. He's not lebron but he is one of the best in the league

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Timberwolves have no leverage. If they get Wiggins and Varajao for Love, the Twolves gm deserves a raise.

And the only reason they will get Varajao is for cap room.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Love has been on his own. Before Scottie Pippen, Michael Jordan won ONE playoff game. ONE.

You're not wrong, but Jordan was only in the league 3 years at that point though. Love's been there for 6.

The fact is, whether people like it or not, you need a bunch of good players to win in basketball. I can't remember a team with one stud player who won it all. Teams in recent memory with one true stud in the Finals: Philly/AI; Cavs/Lebron. Neither won it.

Reaction Score
I would not trade Wiggins. Love has been injury prone. If they need vets they can use the mini MLE

team
Verajo
Thompson
Lebron
Mike Miller
Irving

MLE big man
Waiters
Bennett
Wiggins

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I would not trade Wiggins. Love has been injury prone. If they need vets they can use the mini MLE

team
Verajo
Thompson
Lebron
Mike Miller
Irving

MLE big man
Waiters
Bennett
Wiggins

Throw ray in there too.

Reaction Score
Carmelo was traded for Wilson Chandler, Felton, Gallinari, a first rounder, and two seconds. The Cavs hold all the leverage in talks as they can offer the best package and Love wants to go there.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The more I think about this, I think the Timberwolves should take essentially anything that has Wiggins coming back for Love. It is basically a no brainer trade for Minnesota.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom