Love will commit to long term deal in Cleveland, but . . . | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Love will commit to long term deal in Cleveland, but . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Makes absolutely no sense to hang onto Wiggins. It's possible he'll end up being a great player, but they have LeBron now. They'll have their pick of great SGs each free agent period looking to take a pay cut to play for a championship contender.

Bringing in Love makes them a favorite to win it all. You have to go all in.

Reaction Score
You're not wrong, but Jordan was only in the league 3 years at that point though. Love's been there for 6.

The fact is, whether people like it or not, you need a bunch of good players to win in basketball. I can't remember a team with one stud player who won it all. Teams in recent memory with one true stud in the Finals: Philly/AI; Cavs/Lebron. Neither won it.

That 07 Cavs team had a staggeringly lousy roster. If you took LeBron off that team, they break the loss record.

Reaction Score
Great point. LBJ already has a lot of miles on him and is going to hit the downslope right about now where he shifts from athleticism to savviness - picture MJ shooting fadeaways instead of driving through everyone. Wiggins could be ideal. Love does space the floor addition to his rebounding, but won't be nearly as much of a help on the defensive end.

LeBron isn't a normal human.. he's not even a normal NBA player. I have my suspicions that he's at least part robot. His prime is gonna last longer than most guys, barring injury. And he's pretty much never injured. I expect him to be playing at the highest level for another 4-5 years.
As for the Wolves, they have no leverage. It's all about Cleveland waiting them out. The Celtics don't have enough desirable assets. The Warriors aren't giving up Klay Thompson. Love WANTS to play with LeBron. Waiters, Bennett (who actually might turn out to be good), and 2 or 3 1st rounders will eventually get the deal done. Flip Saunders will be too afraid of losing Love for nothing.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That 07 Cavs team had a staggeringly lousy roster. If you took LeBron off that team, they break the loss record.

And they had no chance to win it all. The Spurs absolutely crushed them. That's my point.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
LeBron isn't a normal human.. he's not even a normal NBA player. I have my suspicions that he's at least part robot. His prime is gonna last longer than most guys, barring injury. And he's pretty much never injured. I expect him to be playing at the highest level for another 4-5 years.
As for the Wolves, they have no leverage. It's all about Cleveland waiting them out. The Celtics don't have enough desirable assets. The Warriors aren't giving up Klay Thompson. Love WANTS to play with LeBron. Waiters, Bennett (who actually might turn out to be good), and 2 or 3 1st rounders will eventually get the deal done. Flip Saunders will be too afraid of losing Love for nothing.

Everybody gets old though, especially guys who rely on athleticism. There's never been an exception to this in the history of human kind. Now maybe LeBron is an alien, I don't know. This isn't a comment on how long he'll play at a high level, I've no idea. But the body fails all men.

He's also been a starter in the league since 18, so he has more wear on the tread than most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom