Love to see Diaco give Kevin Gilbride a ring. | The Boneyard

Love to see Diaco give Kevin Gilbride a ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's leaving the NFL. Maybe he might consider the home state college team.

Reaction Score
Gilbride hasn't recruited since his coaching days at Southern.

Reaction Score
Coming to play for an OC with some Super Bowl rings recruits itself.

Reaction Score
Coming to play for an OC with some Super Bowl rings recruits itself.

The guy is 62. Enough said. Not to mention he just "retired." Are you serious right now? Sounds like the past if you ask me.

Reaction Score
The guy is 62. Enough said. Not to mention he just "retired." Are you serious right now? Sounds like the past if you ask me.
We had some old dudes who sucked. George Oleary is 67 and UCF just went 12-1 and won the Fiesta Bowl. Age shouldn't necessarily be a disqualification. Wouldn't hurt to have a seasoned OC with a young defensive minded coach. Not saying I really want Gillbride to come here but its not ludicrous.

Reaction Score
NO if you want Gilbride here then you might as well hire GDL

Reaction Score
Gilbride had an awful year with the Giants and I'm sure he was forced to "retire" as you knew Coughlin was going to have to part with him or Perry F……..

Good choice

Reaction Score
Based on he thread title and a ring involved, I am unsure what the proposal was. Marriage? I think that Gilbride should remain an old maid at this point and get a dog named Hakeem and a cat named Victor. It's for the best. He can draw up plays in the backyard and maybe he can find something out there that can catch a ball. Even after the first bounce would be an improvement.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think the Giants problem this season stemmed from awful O-line play.

Killdrive takes a lot of heat and while it was maybe time for a change the man recently won 2 rings, he can't be that bad.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Let's see. UConn hires the OC of a middle of the pack MAC team that didn't even call his own plays, and most of the posters in this thread act as if we hired the next Don Coryell. But someone suggests there might be a spot on the staff for a longtime NFL OC that has run some of the most prolific offenses in the history of the NFL, and one idiot said Gillbride is no better than George Deleone. A poster actually said that.

There is a level of group thinking stupidity on this board that continues to baffle me after years of posting here.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
NO if you want Gilbride here then you might as well hire GDL

Just want to capture this gem. Gillbride is the same as George Deleone. Got it.

Reaction Score
Just want to capture this gem. Gillbride is the same as George Deleone. Got it.

He was a good offensive mind but the game has passed him by, and I was speaking in hyperboles, and why would a guy who has coached in the NFL forever all the sudden want to coach in college, its not happening.

Reaction Score
Let's see. UConn hires the OC of a middle of the pack MAC team that didn't even call his own plays, and most of the posters in this thread act as if we hired the next Don Coryell. But someone suggests there might be a spot on the staff for a longtime NFL OC that has run some of the most prolific offenses in the history of the NFL, and one idiot said Gillbride is no better than George Deleone. A poster actually said that.

There is a level of group thinking stupidity on this board that continues to baffle me after years of posting here.

maybe you should think realistically with the coaching hires is an NFL offensive coordinator who just retired gonna go to an AAC team

Reaction Score
Let's see. UConn hires the OC of a middle of the pack MAC team that didn't even call his own plays, and most of the posters in this thread act as if we hired the next Don Coryell.

Really? That's the reaction you observed Mr. Strawman? I think people are just crossing their fingers and hoping for the best. You however are a hand grenade salesman.

Last edited:

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I think a porch rocker in Rhode Island is in his future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom