Love to see Diaco give Kevin Gilbride a ring. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Love to see Diaco give Kevin Gilbride a ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
His daughter was a UConn student back in the 90's, maybe other kids too.

As a Giants fan I'm a bit more in the camp of them needing more pieces up front this year, when they had a more complete roster KG was able to run some pretty good offenses in the Super Bowl years. I might be on board with him as a consultant, or something. Maybe director of football operations but I don't know if he'd take that type of job.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My biggest gripe over this past season was that there were too many instances where a pass 30+ yards downfield was not necessary (and also normally a large risk) where the Giants would try it and put themselves in difficult positions. It is difficult to determine how much of this was on Gilbride and how much was on Eli but looking at Gilbride's history makes it very plausible to point a decent amount of the blame towards him.

I wish him the best and one fact is that he can place a Super Bowl ring on each hand (he can even put one on his middle finger if he cares to), something that many coaches in the NFL would sacrifice a toe to be able to do.

Reaction Score
BNich said:
The guy is 62. Enough said.

Really? Didn't we already have a discussion on this topic? Dude....it's not the age, it's the ability! Boy...this could apply elsewhere too! Didn't we just hire a QB coach who is in his 60s, and didn't a HC in his upper 60s just knock off a heavily favored B12 champ?

Reaction Score
Let's see. UConn hires the OC of a middle of the pack MAC team that didn't even call his own plays, and most of the posters in this thread act as if we hired the next Don Coryell.

There is a level of group thinking stupidity on this board that continues to baffle me after years of posting here.

that's because a) nobody acted like that in this thread or on this board and b) after all years of posting here, you still insist on telling people what they think so you can call them stupid.

your level of insanity continues to baffle us.

Reaction Score
Really? Didn't we already have a discussion on this topic? Dude....it's not the age, it's the ability! Boy...this could apply elsewhere too! Didn't we just hire a QB coach who is in his 60s, and didn't a HC in his upper 60s just knock off a heavily favored B12 champ?
Already discussed...does come down to ability...have a 60 year old buddy whose girl friend is 38.

Reaction Score
Yes, because what this program has been lacking is coaches who have had the game pass them by!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom