love this team... | The Boneyard

love this team...

Reaction Score
They are showing that they can be resilient... on the road.. Yes, we lost last night, but DANG! SMU shoulda ran away with that game last night. What did we do? We fought til the very end. On the road against a pretty decent basketball team.

Too bad we fell short so many times this season. Right now, it looks like we will be in that post season NIT at least.. And we better take that opportunity and not turn our nose up to it like we've done in years past. It'd be a great opportunity to learn and grow even more before next season starts.. HOWEVER, with our current play, and how the last 5 regular season games look, we gotta shot and going 5 and 0 the rest of the way. We win a few games in the AAC Tourney, we may very well burst another bubble team's bubble and sneak in the NCAA Tourney.

Hurley's the real deal. I'm 1000000% sold on him.. Got our kids ballin out... (wish Enoch was here for this)

Reaction Score
just a winning record would be fabulous

Yes, with the SMU loss, even the NIT is now in question. If Houston takes the AAC tournament, they alone will go to the NCAA, leaving six teams from the AAC vying for NIT berths (Cincy, Memphis, SMU, Wichita State, Tulsa, UConn). No matter what happens from here, UConn will not have the season's series edge on any one of them, and all currently have better conference records. There will be tons of mid-tier P5 teams in the selection pool. The NIT is not going to choose 6 teams from the AAC. Before the SMU loss, I would've said that UConn had to win out the regular season to have a sniff at the NCAA at-large. Now I think they have to win out to sniff the NIT.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, with the SMU loss, even the NIT is now in question. If Houston takes the AAC tournament, they alone will go to the NCAA, leaving six teams from the AAC vying for NIT berths (Cincy, Memphis, SMU, Wichita State, Tulsa, UConn). No matter what happens from here, UConn will not have the season's series edge on any one of them, and all currently have better conference records. There will be tons of mid-tier P5 teams in the selection pool. The NIT is not going to choose 6 teams from the AAC. Before the SMU loss, I would've said that UConn had to win out the regular season to have a sniff at the NCAA at-large. Now I think they have to win out to sniff the NIT.
None of this matters. We are winning the AAC tournament. ;)

Reaction Score
Smu game was a killer. Crushed the slight hope we had. I still think we run regular season table if AG and Carlton can wake up. Imagine how exciting the Memphis game would of been Sunday if we beat smu? sux. Last year of this bs. Then things change. No more long UConn winters.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As of now, Lunardi has Houston, Wichita State and Cincy in which leaves 4 teams from the AAC to the NIT. If the B1G can get 11 teams in the big dance, I think we can squeeze 4 AAC teams into the NIT. Of course this assumes that UConn wins the 5 games ahead of them they SHOULD win and perhaps beats Memphis as well. Of course, any conference games - especially on the road are tough and anything can happen the rest of the way.

Reaction Score
Smu game was a killer. Crushed the slight hope we had. I still think we run regular season table if AG and Carlton can wake up. Imagine how exciting the Memphis game would of been Sunday if we beat smu? sux. Last year of this bs. Then things change. No more long UConn winters.

You and your AG sucks get over it. He wasn't the reason nor was Josh last game. 2 front end of 1-1's, a missed travel call and some very bad defense was the reason no other way to single people out no one was great and all made crucial mistakes.

Reaction Score
You and your AG sucks get over it. He wasn't the reason nor was Josh last game. 2 front end of 1-1's, a missed travel call and some very bad defense was the reason no other way to single people out no one was great and all made crucial mistakes.
Ez. I love Ag. I’m One of His biggest defeNders on the board. Hes been my fave UConn player last three years. He’s had a sub par year tho. Let’s be real. It’s obvious injuries have affected him. Now Carlton, I can’t explain it. Josh has been brutal

Reaction Score
Definitely can’t pin the blame on one player in this one, especially AG. Speaking of free throws, we have at least 3 players who do that ridiculous ball flip into their hand before shooting, Whaley is one of them. That’s what Purvis used to do, when he finally eliminated that, his % improved significantly, I don’t understand why players do this and why it’s not being corrected!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom