Love KO comment on Facey | The Boneyard

Love KO comment on Facey

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Weird... I JUST started a thread on Facey saying the kid should get more minutes and posted it a few seconds after you.

What does 'wait til we unleash him' mean? What are they waiting for?! Our frontcourt hasn't been impressive by any stretch until yesterday. Put Facey in there over Olander and see what he can do.

Reaction Score
Heh, it's a cute comment but I don't think Ollie meant it like "we're holding back our secret weapon, just you wait."

When Facey shows he can physically hold down the fort at the 5, or is worthy of minutes over DD/Giffey at the 4 (albeit playing a completely different role as a 4 than those other two), he'll play.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Heh, it's a cute comment but I don't think Ollie meant it like "we're holding back our secret weapon, just you wait."

When Facey shows he can physically hold down the fort at the 5, or is worthy of minutes over DD/Giffey at the 4 (albeit playing a completely different role as a 4 than those other two), he'll play.
They showed Miller throwing that odd shaped ball and Kentan learning how to adjust to odd bounces. I think the staff has a preference of getting the freshman more acclimated to what they expect from them before playing them a lot. My guess is that AB would have been treated similarly if they had more experienced depth at the five. It's a fine line between the instinctual play these kids have and balancing it with the structured play the coaches are implementing.

KO is not the type of guy who says things about the team just for effect. He is seeing the development of Kentan in practice. He knows what he wants in Kentan's development before giving him significant playing time and, unlike us knee jerk coaches, believes his formula will have the greatest benefits. I'm excited by his statement.

Reaction Score
Late game numbers....

Samuel: 3 min, 2 for 2, 4 pts
Facey: 3 min, 1 for 2, 2 pts, 3 rbs

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He caught my eye when he came in. Granted it was garbage time, but he out out of everyone looked like he intended to get the rebounds he grabbed.

Most of these others seemed accidental or were tips. Much better, but seemed less sustainable than I'd like.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
looking at him going up he seems to have good foot movement and when/how to get position without fouling. However, the most important thing - when he grabs the ball he holds it the correct way so he doesn't lose it. That is something AB and DD need to learn

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
anyone but olander
cut our losses
bring in the freshmen

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
TO has his moments, usually when the others are struggling. He's a backup, which is all he ever needed to be.

I'd love to see these five on the floor:
Bazz
Boat
DD @ small fwd
Facey @ power fwd
AB

Reaction Score
I was fortunate enough to sit near the bench last night - Facey looks pretty slim up close. He should be more of a force on the glass as he gets stronger.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
KF is very thin, but I think he would give us a few very good minutes at the 4 and allow DD to be more fresh at the end of the game. I also think SubbaBub's rotation would be good to try for a few minutes here and there, as it would be great to have DD be able to play more 3 next year. DD's lateral quickness and propensity to pick up easy fouls against opposing 3s that can drive the ball is a big concern right now.

Reaction Score
I expect Facey will play a big role next season. He's not strong or overly skilled, but he has a "high motor" and rebounding instincts that nobody else on this team taller than 6'1 seems to have. If Daniels leaves after this season, he'll be our starting four next year.

Reaction Score
He's not strong or overly skilled, but he has a "high motor" and rebounding instincts that nobody else on this team taller than 6'1 seems to have.

I think that's important. Instincts and motor. Rodman had that going for him.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
This is the worst haiku I've ever read.

Wasn't even supposed to be haiku haha I just figure people on the internet are more likely to read something if you use short sentences.

I'm not even completely opposed to Olander, but if he was our main center for the rest of this season I was going to facepalm through my own face.

Reaction Score
I expect Facey will play a big role next season. He's not strong or overly skilled, but he has a "high motor" and rebounding instincts that nobody else on this team taller than 6'1 seems to have. If Daniels leaves after this season, he'll be our starting four next year.
I dont think DD is going anywhere. if he does he`d likely end up in the Dleague. I think i speak for a good amount of uconn fans in saying hes been a bit disappointing this year. he has not played to the level he played the last month last season nevermind improved upon it.

Reaction Score
I dont think DD is going anywhere. if he does he`d likely end up in the Dleague. I think i speak for a good amount of uconn fans in saying hes been a bit disappointing this year. he has not played to the level he played the last month last season nevermind improved upon it.

I think it depends on your expectations. For those who were thinking he was gone after this year, we'll yeah. But I'm not sure what made anyone think that high other than 5-6 pretty solid games, one vs GTown which woke everyone up. I think he's beginning to get a bit more aggressive the last couple of games and hitting the boards hard. He's a twiner, height of a PF, game of a SF though he lacks the speed of many. He doesnt have a great first step on O which is something he needs to work on in order to take people off the dribble. He is long and makes up on defense for getting beat on occasion with blocks or altering shots but he needs to get stronger.

Disappointed? Only when he is not aggressive on the boards and gets lulled to sleep on D but not in who he is. He seems to be getting it as of late but unless you thought of him as a 1st rounder how disappointed can you be? If he continues to improve his rebounding as well as his aggressiveness to the basket on O I will be very pleased with DD.

Reaction Score
Surprisingly our offense plays out of this world when olander is on the floor. Terrible defense though.

Reaction Score
Late game numbers....

Samuel: 3 min, 2 for 2, 4 pts
Facey: 3 min, 1 for 2, 2 pts, 3 rbs
We are in big trouble if either one of these players have to get major minutes. There is a reason that they are at the end of the bench but I'm confident that Facey will develop and help down the line. We'll have to see about Samuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom