Lou's mad respect for Stewie | The Boneyard

Lou's mad respect for Stewie

Reaction Score
I am probably displaying a little prejudice here being an avid fan of Our Ladies but here goes. Given her record in high school, college and the pros (and taking into consideration her contributions to those records), I'm going to go on the record as saying that Breanna Stewart is the "GOAT" in the category of women's basketball.
"

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am probably displaying a little prejudice here being an avid fan of Our Ladies but here goes. Given her record in high school, college and the pros (and taking into consideration her contributions to those records), I'm going to go on the record as saying that Breanna Stewart is the "GOAT" in the category of women's basketball.
"

Her second WNBA championship and Finals MVP would go along way to solidifying that.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Her second WNBA championship and Finals MVP would go along way to solidifying that.
I believe that many players from the early Comets teams have 4 championships and several players from the Lynx (including Maya) have 4 championships. Only Rebekkah Brunson has 5 (1 in Sacramento and 4 in Minnesota). If Seattle wins this year, Sue moves up to 4, tied with several players for second. I would love to see that happen. She already has the record for the gap of time between championships: 2004, 2010, and 2018. Who knows how many Stewie can rack up?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Has Stewie ever dunked the ball during a WNBA game?

Reaction Score
No disrespect, but DT is the WBB GOAT (did you see the tee shirt?) until Stewie proves otherwise.

Reaction Score
Again, no disrespect, but Maya has to play to have anything to say about GOAT status.

Reaction Score
Again, no disrespect, but Maya has to play to have anything to say about GOAT status.
Me think a baby is more likely in her future than another title ...class of 2037?

Reaction Score
Considering she has 4 WNBA championships (2011, 2013, 2015, 2017), an MVP (2014), and a finals MVP (2013) to her name despite not playing the past two years (and those aren’t even a fraction of her accolades throughout her college/pro playing career), I think she has every right to be in the conversation for GOAT status. Her off the court work is exceptional, too.

Reaction Score
It's great we're talking about UCONN Greats for GOAT status. Damn proud of all 3!!! So great to be a fan of this great program and great players!!!! .

I just can't help saying "GREAT!" GREAT"! "GREAT!!!!!"

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
In the debate of GOAT, we need to define greatest what? Greatest player? Greatest winner? Greatest teammate? I offer - Greatest player is the most skilled player in all aspects of the game. Greatest winner is that player with the most bling (rings, medals, trophies). Greatest teammate is that player who gets the most out of every teammate. Just thinking.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
In the debate of GOAT, we need to define greatest what? Greatest player? Greatest winner? Greatest teammate? I offer - Greatest player is the most skilled player in all aspects of the game. Greatest winner is that player with the most bling (rings, medals, trophies). Greatest teammate is that player who gets the most out of every teammate. Just thinking.

All I know is that you just bow down to Stewie, Maya, DT and Bird and when 2 just happen to be on the same team, you just :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Considering she has 4 WNBA championships (2011, 2013, 2015, 2017), an MVP (2014), and a finals MVP (2013) to her name despite not playing the past two years (and those aren’t even a fraction of her accolades throughout her college/pro playing career), I think she has every right to be in the conversation for GOAT status. Her off the court work is exceptional, too.
Agreed. She has more WNBA titles than Bird/DT despite playing in less than half the number of seasons. 4 titles and 6 finals appearances in 8 years. Stewart is on a very good trajectory and likely will have 2 titles in her first 4 full seasons but Maya is firmly ahead for a pro career right now.

Reaction Score
Agreed. She has more WNBA titles than Bird/DT despite playing in less than half the number of seasons. 4 titles and 6 finals appearances in 8 years. Stewart is on a very good trajectory and likely will have 2 titles in her first 4 full seasons but Maya is firmly ahead for a pro career right now.

Doesn’t Maya have more overseas champions too??

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Doesn’t Maya have more overseas champions too??
Maybe not more, but almost every year she played, including Spanish league and Euroleague in the same season. I think Maya missed in the Chinese League once.

Reaction Score
Stewie is on a very good trajectory. But being on a very good trajectory, and actually being there, are 2 different things. If DT stays healthy and decides to go after #5, how many great Olympians (not Sue) does she blow away. It would be absolutely remarkable. And I'll do go on a limb here and say it will never be broken.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Stewie is on a very good trajectory. But being on a very good trajectory, and actually being there, are 2 different things. If DT stays healthy and decides to go after #5, how many great Olympians (not Sue) does she blow away. It would be absolutely remarkable. And I'll do go on a limb here and say it will never be broken.
I don't see 6 Gold medals in basketball from anyone. I think Sue and Dee are in a good place to try for #5 next year.

Reaction Score
I'd say a GOAT is all of the above and then some. They're (arguably) the greatest player every time they step on the court, they win at an impressive level and significantly contribute to those wins, and they are a teammate that makes every other player on their team better (whether that's by instilling confidence, being the focus of opposing defenses, and/or by taking pressure off their teammates by scoring, rebounding, defending, etc.).

Reaction Score
How can any Goat conversation not include Cynthia Cooper who entered the WNBA at the age of 34 which was past her prime years and won four straight championships , Back to back MVPS, Three straight scoring titles, and 4 straight Finals MVPS. As Great as the three Greatest Uconn legends are, neither of them have ever won back to back Championships. No other player has ever dominated the league both statistically and victoriously as she did. I ok with differing opinions by not to include Cooper in any such conversation is discounting the value of unprecedented winning(while never losing a playoff series) as a measure of Greatness.

Reaction Score
Maybe we can solve this GOAT thing by introducing...GOAT 1.0, GOAT 2.0, GOAT 3.0.....etc. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom