Lou's Amazing Consistency From the 3-Point Line | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lou's Amazing Consistency From the 3-Point Line

Reaction Score
Most opponents start out with ferocity and their defense is usually at its best early in the gane. It must be dispiriting to play your A+ game and find out you’re tied or up just a few points. It has to be fatiguing guarding UConn because the passing is so good and everyone has to be guarded.
I agree. This is the pattern I've observed over the years, too.

Reaction Score
I agree with tonyC's assessment bout Azzi, Lou and Caroline enabling one heck of an offensive team. I would throw in the added plus of having Aubrey and Nika as shut down defenders. Geno has most of the tools needed for a potential championship team. If healthy, this team is potentially able to beat anyone.

For example, if we clog the middle with Aubrey double teaming SC's bigs and forcing the outside shot we still have Nika available to shut down Cooke. And we have the option of going with a fast scoring team of Caroline, Lou, Azzi if needed as well.

Reaction Score
Great post @JoePgh and no apologies necessary. When you watch Lou play, you can tell she's a very quick thinker when deciding to shoot or pass or drive. She rarely takes stupid shots.

What I think may be more amazing than her shooting is just how fast she has picked up UConn's system in just one year and how well she integrates with a team full of potential all-americans that have already been on the team for a few years.

She's an all-arounder in many ways, and it was wonderful when she told her parents at the end of her interiew last night that she loved them ❤️
Well said--Lou's acclimation has been absolutely seamless, like she was in some UConn stasis until this season. To compare shots, I always loved KML's jumper because she would shoot it right in an opponent's face with a quick fire--Azzi probably has the quickest release with her incredibly efficient motion, it's like a SAM missile. but Lou's long arching, rainbow shot, more like an ICBM, just might be the prettiest. Azzi shoots, but Lou launches...

Reaction Score
The rumor last summer was she wanted to build a WNBA-ready portfolio this year. I think she's on her way to accomplishing that.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Dorka did that at least twice last night

I saw that too. My wife said "why doesn't she step back for a 3?" My response was that it went in the basket. That's all that counts in that particular game situation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom