Louisville | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Louisville

Reaction Score
Was a great game...they all come down to a play or two. Hindsight it always 20/20.
The technical was a bogus call as the athlete was upset and in a tense and close game that needs to be allowed.

Reaction Score
It was a heartbreaking loss. MHA did pass up a lay-up somewhere under 30 seconds. I wish she would have dribbled out, but sounds like she was following coaches orders.

They were supposed to foul before the 3pt shot. Walz was quoted saying he wanted State to take a few seconds off the clock before we fouled. He said the pass and shot were quick, couldn’t get the foul in time.

I am just sick about the last shot by MHA, and the missed outback by Jazz Jones. I haven’t seen the replay yet, as I am still in columbus, but I read people think she was fouled. Even still, we had every opportunity to win, and just couldn’t deal the deal.

I am most disappointed by the technical on Sam. That was a 5 point swing in the game. I understand the rule book does say it is an offense, but have you ever seen that called? Sam was shocked that she was called for #4, and that was her reaction. Didn’t cause stoppage of play, didn’t curse anyone. Just banged the floor in utter amazement. I see it all the time in celebratory ways, and have never seen it called.

Still, after all that, we had the opportunity to win in regulation. Just couldn’t make it happen. Heartbroke for our girls. Somebody’s has to lose though.

I hope MSU takes ND to the woodshed. I’m rooting hard for those kids.
MHA was slammed by McCowan. No doubt. Agree every foul counts, first or last minute. What's the difference? Louisville was robbed.

Reaction Score
I didn't really have an issue with Louisville's 7 assists as it wasn't the byproduct of selfishness and you saw the same thing last night from ND to begin their comeback (to which Shaefer pointed it out "they've abandoned their gameplan") the fact is neither MS State or Louisville could keep the guards and wings out of the lane because of how hard MS State was trying to deny Durr the basketball. Evans and Carter were tremendous especially in the first half; Jones was as well and only missed two shots from the field in what is as efficient a performance as she's probably had in a Louisville uniform back to the first ND matchup.

When Fuehring hit the floor I dropped some loud invective at our watch party saying "&*(&*( she's gone" before the T was applied. Sam's got a temper and that plus having her minutes stretched by MHA's first half foul trouble factored in a boatload of fatigue (and if there was one call in the Final Four that was bogus it was MHA's second foul in the first period; Good Lord that was a little uneven with what was considered advantage/disadvantage in a game that physical). I didn't have a problem with MHA taking the layup and after Walz expended his last timeout on that inbound I thought he was going to have to draw up a play to attack the basket since Carter and Durr were being denied any access to the basketball. The layup was the percentage play and given we had the foul to give up three with that foul to give is a good position to be in; Coach Schaefer drew up a great play but honestly if you're Louisville you feel alright having what likely is their third perimeter option taking a shot to tie don't you? The fact is we didn't switch out on her and she made the shot.

I guess the street player would say the ball doesn't lie, so if MHA was or wasn't fouled frankly the tougher question is how Jaz Jones doesn't make a bunny to end the game? Would it have been more fair to MSU if they had a player fouled at midcourt in a scrum? I guess but like Lawson said McGowan's foul was incredibly fortuitous on it's own. Had the foul been called initially MS State wasn't in the bonus. Sideout midcourt and I can't remember the timeout situation. Ogunbowale made the tough shots...give her the credit coming her way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom