Louisville | The Boneyard

Louisville

Reaction Score
That replay was hard to watch... There was a foul at the end of the second half.... and that Technical foul....... man oh man..... Mississippi State is a good team.... but I feel bad for Louisville.....

Reaction Score
Two huge missteps:
Hines-Allen needed to forgo the open layup with 11 seconds left, and run way more time off the clock, before she would be fouled
With a foul to give you foul, have them take the ball out again, then foul before they shoot the three

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Had their chance to foul a player before the tying 3 point shot. Who knows foul on that possession and Miss St doesn't make the three point shot. Hines-Allen was fouled on her attempt as time was running out. Foul should have been called, but I understand why they didn't.

Should Hines-Allen had continued dribbling instead of making the basket with 11 seconds left. She had gotten away from McCowan and probably would have run off another 3 or 4 seconds before being fouled? She's not a great Foul Shooter.

How big was the Technical Foul Call.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Louisville had only 7 assists on 27 made baskets. With the players they have, seems like they should have 15 or more per game. Miss St was playing good defense on Asia Durr late in the game. Louisville on most of their possessions seemed to be a player at the top of the key dribbling the shot clock down. Very little passing in an effort to get players open.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I have to admit I find it a bit funny that so many here think the technical should not have been called on UL that late in a FF game, but I assume most of you were completely OK with the flagrant called in OT last year on Dillingham. So glad Katie Lou was able to recover from that. It appeared she had been mortally wounded.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I have to admit I find it a bit funny that so many here think the technical should not have been called on UL that late in a FF game, but I assume most of you were completely OK with the flagrant called in OT last year on Dillingham. So glad Katie Lou was able to recover from that. It appeared she had been mortally wounded.
Maybe you should go celebrate your win now.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Maybe you should go celebrate your win now.

Tell you what, since you seem to only want an echo chamber here and not honest rebuttal of over the top homers (who can be pretty offensive), I'm just going to wish you all well and check out. Best wishes vs ND and I hope we get another great UConn-MSU game for the NC.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Geesh one sided foul calls much?

Reaction Score
Had their chance to foul a player before the tying 3 point shot. Who knows foul on that possession and Miss St doesn't make the three point shot. Hines-Allen was fouled on her attempt as time was running out. Foul should have been called, but I understand why they didn't.

Should Hines-Allen had continued dribbling instead of making the basket with 11 seconds left. She had gotten away from McCowan and probably would have run off another 3 or 4 seconds before being fouled? She's not a great Foul Shooter.

How big was the Technical Foul Call.
Absolutely, the foul should've been called. Why not? Is any foul more important than any other? If there's time on the clock, then they should call it. Last few seconds no less important than first few. If it's questionable, there's no time to decide, ok to let it go. But that last foul was so obvious. If they don't call that, then don't call any. Very sorry for Louisville. They got it royally.

Reaction Score
Two huge missteps:
Hines-Allen needed to forgo the open layup with 11 seconds left, and run way more time off the clock, before she would be fouled
With a foul to give you foul, have them take the ball out again, then foul before they shoot the three
In post game that was brought up to Hines-Allen and Walz jumped in quickly and said she made the right play. He seemed to say it wouldn't have taken much time off the clock. In fact, she had passed up a layup earlier and she was told to take it this time.

Reaction Score
I thought that flagrant on Dillingham last year was a TERRIBLE call. They almost gave UConn the game. I thought Samuelson made the play of the year having the presence of mind to act like she was clocked in the throat harder than she was so the refs would call it. If that was her intent, she is an incredibly cerebral player.

Reaction Score
Louisville had only 7 assists on 27 made baskets. With the players they have, seems like they should have 15 or more per game. Miss St was playing good defense on Asia Durr late in the game. Louisville on most of their possessions seemed to be a player at the top of the key dribbling the shot clock down. Very little passing in an effort to get players open.
I know what was up with that? It was like they didn't want to have any pace to their offense. Like they were intimidated by Ms State OR just had no confidence in being able to execute anything else. No one was moving or cutting or passing.

Reaction Score
In post game that was brought up to Hines-Allen and Walz jumped in quickly and said she made the right play. He seemed to say it wouldn't have taken much time off the clock. In fact, she had passed up a layup earlier and she was told to take it this time.
Whats he going to do, throw his player under the bus?

Reaction Score
I am telling everyone, watch out for this Louisville program over the next 5 years or so. They are not going away anytime soon and will be back. His recruiting for the incoming Class of 2019, 2020 and 2021 is already at the top of the lists.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I am telling everyone, watch out for this Louisville program over the next 5 years or so. They are not going away anytime soon and will be back. His recruiting for the incoming Class of 2019, 2020 and 2021 is already at the top of the lists.
So were louisville recruiting classes for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018. Jeff can recruit and coach but he is a medieval pesant "titleless"-unless you want to count that lone ACC tournament and regular season co-championship. Louisville will be a fine destination for Aubrey. I wish her well.

Reaction Score
2018 class #29pg, #38g and unranked forward
2019 class #3g , #58 athletic big
2020 who?
2021 who?
Hopefully Shook, Dunham and Kakala develop.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So were louisville recruiting classes for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018. Jeff can recruit and coach but he is a medieval pesant "titleless"-unless you want to count that lone ACC tournament and regular season co-championship. Louisville will be a fine destination for Aubrey. I wish her well.
Aubrey?

Reaction Score
Two huge missteps:
Why was Hines-Allen even paying any attention to McCowan on the 3 point shot at regulation? Why didn't she roll and challenge Johnson's shot? All she had to do was switch off McCowan who screened Carter from getting to Johnson. The whole play Hines-Allen stood and watched. A senior doesn't do that. She had a great career but she is really clueless at times. 5-18, 3 unforced turnovers and few more she could have had that she got lucky on.

Last edited:

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
It was a heartbreaking loss. MHA did pass up a lay-up somewhere under 30 seconds. I wish she would have dribbled out, but sounds like she was following coaches orders.

They were supposed to foul before the 3pt shot. Walz was quoted saying he wanted State to take a few seconds off the clock before we fouled. He said the pass and shot were quick, couldn’t get the foul in time.

I am just sick about the last shot by MHA, and the missed outback by Jazz Jones. I haven’t seen the replay yet, as I am still in columbus, but I read people think she was fouled. Even still, we had every opportunity to win, and just couldn’t deal the deal.

I am most disappointed by the technical on Sam. That was a 5 point swing in the game. I understand the rule book does say it is an offense, but have you ever seen that called? Sam was shocked that she was called for #4, and that was her reaction. Didn’t cause stoppage of play, didn’t curse anyone. Just banged the floor in utter amazement. I see it all the time in celebratory ways, and have never seen it called.

Still, after all that, we had the opportunity to win in regulation. Just couldn’t make it happen. Heartbroke for our girls. Somebody’s has to lose though.

I hope MSU takes ND to the woodshed. I’m rooting hard for those kids.

Reaction Score
It was a heartbreaking loss. MHA did pass up a lay-up somewhere under 30 seconds. I wish she would have dribbled out, but sounds like she was following coaches orders.

They were supposed to foul before the 3pt shot. Walz was quoted saying he wanted State to take a few seconds off the clock before we fouled. He said the pass and shot were quick, couldn’t get the foul in time.

I am just sick about the last shot by MHA, and the missed outback by Jazz Jones. I haven’t seen the replay yet, as I am still in columbus, but I read people think she was fouled. Even still, we had every opportunity to win, and just couldn’t deal the deal.

I am most disappointed by the technical on Sam. That was a 5 point swing in the game. I understand the rule book does say it is an offense, but have you ever seen that called? Sam was shocked that she was called for #4, and that was her reaction. Didn’t cause stoppage of play, didn’t curse anyone. Just banged the floor in utter amazement. I see it all the time in celebratory ways, and have never seen it called.

Still, after all that, we had the opportunity to win in regulation. Just couldn’t make it happen. Heartbroke for our girls. Somebody’s has to lose though.

Walz did say he wanted her to take the points at the end. I watched the replay of the game and noticed Sam's 4th foul was a nothing foul. Totally straight up no contact. McCowan was doing some weird stuff. Late in the first quarter she hit the floor twice tangling herself up with Dunham drawing one foul. You could see her setting Dunham up on the second try. It didnt work for a foul but I watched her and on that 5th foul she really got Sam tangled with her arms and jerked Sam around like a pretzel. You don't see it on the final replay but you do on the first one. McCowan is lets just say crafty. Feel for Sam. Arica played tough too didn't she? Must have been great being at the game.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score

I agree with you on the technical. It's the Final Four, for God's sake. Yes, it was a heartbreaking loss. But your future is bright.

Reaction Score

Your girls played their butts off. Much respect. The T was iffy, in the final four if no profanity is used I probably swallow the whistle. And on the call at the end of regulation, I thought possibly the shooter initiated contact but from other angles it did look like a foul. A lot of refs don't like to decide a game like that, personally I'm of the opinion that if you'd call it the first minute then call it the last minute. I thought the refs missed at least a dozen calls both ways, but we did benefit from those two that could've and maybe should've went the other way. I don't think many state fans would have thrown a fit had they.

But your team played the best defense we faced all year and it's not close. We might have gotten 5 open looks from outside all night. I think ND will have a much tougher times guarding us, esp closing out on our shooters. We have 3 girls that shoot 40% or better for 3, Big T shoots over 60% downlow, and Itty Bitty is the X factor. Plus with our depth as long as T stays out of foul trouble I think we can wear them down. But we'll see.

But congrats on a great season, y'all have a lot coming back and could very well be right back there next March.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom