Louisville redshirting a pair of freshmen | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Louisville redshirting a pair of freshmen

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Jeff Walz arguing that a 'red shirt' is a fashion statement.;)

1573141971858.png

Reaction Score
On the men's side when you see a prospect start out as one of the best players in the class and then gradually fade down the rankings it's generally because they were an early bloomer not a late bloomer.
Good point but I thought Green was overrated from the start and gradually others started to agree as her ranking drifted downward. If she sticks with Walz and works he’ll make her a very good player. He’s done it with far less talented guards but they worked their tails off on their own too. Just because someone is a McD AA guarantees them nothing with Walz. He took Bianca Dunham off the scrap heap and she starts in front of McD AA Kylee Shook.

Reaction Score
Long-time Louisville season ticket holder here....

Lots of surprised reactions in Louisville, especially as regards Green. I think that Tazmaz (who knows his stuff based on what he has posted on Louisville forums) hit the nail on the head when he mentioned Norika Konno. She got 26 minutes off the bench against Western Kentucky and showed a good shooting touch, a lot of quickness and good court awareness. To me it was telling that Walz, who has a notoriously quick hook, let her play through a couple mistakes. I look for her to get most of the minutes behind Balogun at the 2 and Jones at the 3. So not much left for Green. Are Green and her family truly OK with this? Only they and Walz know.

Parker I understand...she would be behind Dixon, Dunham and Shook. Give her a year to hit the weight room and, if she's good enough, she should get major minutes next season with Dunham and Shook gone.

Bottom line for me is that if Walz thought that either Green or Parker could contribute in a meaningful way this year they would be playing. He really wants another ACC title and it's up for grabs this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom