Louisville Post-Game Thread

Discussion in 'UConn Women's Basketball' started by Biff, Feb 12, 2018.

1. oldude

oldude bamboo lover

Refs certainly miss calls from time to time, but certainly Lou gets overplayed and fouled (called or not) more than any other Husky.

On the one hand, the Louisville player guarding Lou fouled out of the game. On the other hand, the refs seemingly missed several obvious calls.

The most obvious missed call, imo, occurred in the 1st half when Lou made a beautiful drive to the basket for a layup, exploding by one of Louisville’s BIGS. The Louisville player, who was obviously beaten, hit Lou hard with her body.

To Lou’s credit she finished well against contact, but Lou and most fans were stunned she didn’t get an “and 1” call from the refs.

2. Bama fan

Bama fan

Good post, but again the mistaken idea that Louisville outscored UConn in the second quarter. Louisville scored 16 points in the second, and UConn scored 18. This just persists like some irradiated cockroach in a post apocalyptic B movie. I am not being critical of your post, but just wanted to correct that one point ( actually two points, I guess ;) ).

connie and JRRRJ like this.
  3. Bama fan

Bama fan

Think that was Judah Ben Hur and his pals out sculling, wasn't it?

4. Bama fan

Bama fan

Funniest thing I have seen today! It is still early, but you are a leg up on my hilarity meter. Your father and Thumper's father must have gone to the same Dad class!

RockyMTblue2 likes this.
  5. HopJim

HopJim

Another view. Crystal was limping and couldn't set up for her shots, KLS was limping (in between draining 3's :), Gabby has had a chronic hip issue, etc. If you don't give some a rest when up by 20, when do you? Goal is to win-no bonus points for number of points.

HuskyNan likes this.
  6. VAMike23

VAMike23 The Virginian

Maybe she should 'vocalize' more, a la Maya . . . . . Maya makes a good bit of noise when she's fouled (hard) to make sure the refs are aware! Works well on shots as well as on those occasions when she's run over in the lane on defense :D

Scoop and oldude like this.
  7. VAMike23

VAMike23 The Virginian

There was one where Lou got fouled on the body BIG time -- I was really shocked that no foul was called because the line of sight for the underneath ref was clear.

However there were a couple of calls that went our way early - Collier's heels were above the restricted arc line and she should have gotten the block call but instead drew the charge. Overall I don't think we got the bad end of it.

oldude likes this.
  8. oldude

oldude bamboo lover

I assume your tongue was firmly planted in your cheek with your remark suggesting that Lou needs to do a better job selling refs that she’s being fouled. No Husky does a better job selling fouls. The one change I have noticed is that she complains less, and I’m certain that has to do with Geno telling her to stop complaining and just play the game.

augustaTC and Bama fan like this.
  9. oldude

oldude bamboo lover

Yes, I think you and I are both referencing the same no-call on Lou’s driving layup which was inexplicably not called a foul on Louisville.

10. VAMike23

VAMike23 The Virginian

I think she sells it physically and sometimes complains but Maya lets out a YELP right at the moment of contact that the mic never fails to pick up! I have heard Lou but it's nothing like Maya :D

oldude likes this.
  11. oldude

oldude bamboo lover

OK, so you’re suggesting that Lou let out a scream of some kind. I’m good with that.

Maybe she could also bite her lip at the same time, drawing blood in the process. That would be a creative way to sell a foul. :rolleyes:

12. cabbie191

cabbie191 Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi

This is OT I suppose but really resonates with me as a parallel story to something in my past.

Long time ago, I interviewed for a job with the Indiana State Parks system. It was a solid interview and I was really disappointed when they called to tell me they had chosen someone else.

In discussing the experience with the man who would have been my supervisor, he was remarkably candid. He said "you were, on paper, the head's on favorite for the position. It's just that the guy we selected - we didn't see much in his resume and he interviewed so much better than we were anticipating." I asked how he felt that I did with the in-person interview and he said very well, "in fact, you actually interviewed better than him."

"So, you're telling me I am better qualified on paper, and I out-interviewed the other candidate, but you're still offering the job to him because he exceeded your expectations?" Awkward silence and he said, I guess that doesn't sound right, does it?

So it felt like I played better in both halves and I still lost! :eek:

Centerstream, VAMike23 and Bama fan like this.
  13. Bama fan

Bama fan

Are we now hoping Lou gets NPOY and an Oscar for best performance by a dramatic actress? I am behind your effort!:rolleyes:

oldude likes this.
  14. shizam

shizam

Right now there are only TWO championship caliber teams - UCONN and MS. ST. L’vile , Baylor and ND are a tier below that.

oldude likes this.
  15. oldude

oldude bamboo lover

I generally agree with your post, although I'm on the fence about Baylor. Last night on the road, they pummeled 23rd ranked OK St. Way back when, they lost on the road at UCLA without Cox playing or Mulky coaching, but since that time they've beaten everyone they've played handily. I know Baylor doesn't have a lot of depth, their OOC schedule is weak and, quite frankly, after TX I don't think the Big12 is all that strong, but with Brown, Cox and Wallace tearing it up right now, I would tend to list Baylor as a championship caliber team.

Baroloboy, Scoop and jaundicedeye like this.
  16. cabbie191

Do I remember correctly that Walker has at times suffered from migraines?

If that's true, perhaps she was having another one and that is why her time was limited.

17. oldude

oldude bamboo lover

Actually, Gabby has the migraine problem.

cabbie191 and CocoHusky like this.
  18. easttexastrash

easttexastrash Stay Classy!

Somebody has to do it.

RockyMTblue2 likes this.
  19. cabbie191

Thanks.