Louisville @ Notre Dame- 1/10/19

Who will win this game?

• Notre Dame

Votes: 69 80.2%
  • Louisville

Votes: 17 19.8%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Interesting matchup with a lot on the line. First big road test (test period) for Louisville. Let’s see if they belong in the conversation with the elite.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Louisville has not looked impressive in recent games although they did pepper duke pretty well (Alicia Carter 7-10 from 3pt) . That will not happen again. Durr is in a big funk. ND should win by 15 or more imho

Reaction Score
Louisville will be "up" for this as a "big game" and they want to "prove they belong in the conversation". They will take lesson's from UCONN's win over ND at ND, but I don't think they have the 'horses" to pull it out. ND by 12.

Reaction Score
If ND's defense is really bad then Louisville wins. Other than that, ND by 10.

Reaction Score
BTW... game to be broadcast by ESPN at 7:00PM. IF you happen to watch the broadcast, check to see which team gets On Camera/Televised intro.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Louisville is relying heavily -- of course -- on Asia Durr (20.9 ppg) and, increasingly, Arica Carter (10+ ppg) for outside shooting so the Irish's "2" and outside parts of the "3" zone can't give up open shots. Contest them. Heck, rotate in Abby Prohaska and Dani Patterson in to have fresh legs defending for a spell.

And once the shots are up, bodies on bodies. Rebound the ball and then let it loose on the break. The Irish love to run and are becoming better and more efficient at it. Ogunbowale had 12 or 13 assists at Georgia Tech, most of them off the break. In the beginning of the season, Arike was looking for her shot all the time. With her running (and room-) mate Mabrey rounding into form, she must be more trusting to pass and the spheroid is flying up the court.

For this Irish fan, nothing is more fun than to see Jess Shepard, Mik Vaughn or Bri Turner dropping in an uncontested layup, which often means they got the rebound, then ran the floor hard to get the pass back.

Think those two aspects are key. The Irish can take a chance on the perimeter because of Turner's presence inside the zone (she was moved inside after the UConn game) and addition through subtraction on Louisville's part: Miyisha Hines Allen isn't there for Cardinals. She was their key inside player. While I like Sam Fuerhring, she's more of a glue player (in the mode of a Kat Westbeld), not a take-charge one.

Allen could score, get offensive rebounds and would mix it up often frustrating Turner. No one has taken her place at the level she played. (Good for the Irish.)

As such, I'm pretty optimistic (for me) about this game.

Reaction Score
I expect this game to be close. If the game was being played at neutral site I would pick Louisville but at ND got to go with home team.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I expect this game to be close. If the game was being played at neutral site I would pick Louisville but at ND got to go with home team.
Really? But didn't you think that Notre Dame would lose at Marquette as well? Or was that a different Miss St. fan. Massey has Notre Dame by 10.5.

Reaction Score
Really? But didn't you think that Notre Dame would lose at Marquette as well? Or was that a different Miss St. fan. Massey has Notre Dame by 10.5.
That was me. I think Marquette is a sleeper and when their outside shot is falling they look great. Really have not seen much of Louisville but they are undefeated and have a lot of the players from last year on this year’s team. I saw ND get beaten at home by UCONN and admit that shocked me. I will not be shocked if Louisville win this game.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Not sure how many “bigs” Jeff has, but I suspect the game to get very “chippy” underneath as the Cardinal forwards are not as skilled, so to compensate physical play may ensue, that will be what I want to see!

Reaction Score
That was me. I think Marquette is a sleeper and when their outside shot is falling they look great. Really have not seen much of Louisville but they are undefeated and have a lot of the players from last year on this year’s team. I saw ND get beaten at home by UCONN and admit that shocked me. I will not be shocked if Louisville win this game.
You do realize ND is 98-3 at home. The only team to beat ND in the last 101 games at home is UCONN. Actually it’s more then that now because that stat was when the UCONN Game happened.

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

You must not be aware of the 11th Commandment: Thou shall not pick Notre Dame to lose, particularly if you’ve been wrong before, or if Notre Dame is at home.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Fair enough. I guess we'll see.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
You must not be aware of the 11th Commandment: Thou shall not pick Notre Dame to lose, particularly if you’ve been wrong before, or if Notre Dame is at home.
Why the snark?

Reaction Score
Agree, I said I would not be shocked if Louisville win this game but if I were betting I would pick ND. I do not think ND is a super team as they were touted to be but they surely are an elite team and it is hard to do what ICONN did, i.e., beat an elite team at home.

Reaction Score
From a matchup standpoint ND should win by 20 but they tend to not care as much on the defensive end at times so I’ll say ND by 12.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom