Louisville/ND | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Louisville/ND

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
I don't understand folks obsession with his shirts. Really? Wasn't there some fuss about focus on Mulkey's wardrobe? Silliness. FWIW, not sure how it impacts what he wears, but he is color blind.

Not trying to give you grief, more a question in general, as it comes up a lot. I understand Geno commented at the NC game a couple years ago, but people continue to comment about it. Just don't get it.
Another FWIW, he does not wear a tie due to his speech impediment (stutter), though his stutter rarely shows itself anymore. He really is a great guy, great wit, cutting sarcasm. I am so glad our AD Tom Jurich gave him a shot (many didn't because of his stutter). Hoping he retires at Louisville, as he has stated he will.

Reaction Score
Didn't know anything about the stutter. Having Durr should help that more. If he gets Cox to go with Durr, that should cure it completely. I like his shirts - think ties are the most useless piece of (male) apparel. I was in Denver when Larry Brown coached the ABA David Thompson Nuggets wearing bib overalls.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
News flash -- Madison Cable is REALLY good!

Will this be her last year at Notre Dame? They say she is a senior but I thought she has an injury year which would allow one more year of eligibility.

She somewhat resembles Kelly Faris in appearance and certainly resembles her in hustle and playing style.

She also happens to be from my neighborhood of Pittsburgh!
She plays really hard and is very good. She looks like a great young lady as well. The problem is if she is starting for ND, they are in trouble. She would be our 8 th or 9 th player.

Reaction Score
Swing and a miss on that one. 8 for 8.

Right now it's the Loyd and Turner show, and it's not a bad show at all, but if Reimer can consistently knock down that foul line jumper, that will help Notre Dame TREMENDOUSLY.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Not trying to give you grief, more a question in general, as it comes up a lot. I understand Geno commented at the NC game a couple years ago, but people continue to comment about it. Just don't get it.
Another FWIW, he does not wear a tie due to his speech impediment (stutter), though his stutter rarely shows itself anymore. He really is a great guy, great wit, cutting sarcasm. I am so glad our AD Tom Jurich gave him a shot (many didn't because of his stutter). Hoping he retires at Louisville, as he has stated he will.
I think he is a really good coach and a great guy - intense but with a solid sense of humor. Louisville was lucky to hire him, and he has really upped that program. I don't seem him ever leaving as i suspect they will treat him right. You have a great arena and a really good coach ... he has lagged in recruiting but maybe that is changing. If he has the horses he has the coaching talent to win it all.
As for the shirts ... just seems to be a running gag.

Reaction Score
Walz is a good coach, I just don't care for their style of play especially since the Baylor game a few years ago. Don't care for the if you can't beat'em bang the heck out of'em. The physicality with which they play invites fouls and then he screams when they are called.

Reaction Score
The strategy is to play physical knowing the refs can't call everything, so if you can keep it close you give yourself a shot to win. I expect to see this strategy employed against UConn in the tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom