Looks like a wide open WBB season! Never say die
effort by North Carolina State to come back from 14 down
to win " going away" against Louisville. BC over ND in
the final seconds...
and Maryland scoring 89 points but losing to Ohio
State.
Anything can happen... GO UCONN.
Be tough, beat Seton Hall, Beat St.John's Z
Something remarkable about all three games was that the best player on the winning teams were all transfers.
Diamond Johnson NC State
Cameron Swartz-Boston College
Taylor Mikesell- 2X tOSU
Although Louisville lost another transfer Emily Engester was their best player.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Something remarkable about all three games was that the best player on the winning teams were all transfers.
Diamond Johnson NC State
Taylor Mikesell- 2X tOSU

Taylor Mikesell had the game of her life against her former Maryland team.

Reaction Score
From my viewpoint Cunane was NC State's best player: 15 pts and 12 rebounds on 4-7 shooting (Johnson was 6-19) and 7-7 from the line.

Reaction Score
From my viewpoint Cunane was NC State's best player: 15 pts and 12 rebounds on 4-7 shooting (Johnson was 6-19) and 7-7 from the line.
Johnson was sensational in Q4 and spearheaded their rally. To me she was easily the player of the game.
That's what made it such a wild game to watch. And why complete game stats are sometimes worthless. Cunane was almost invisible in the first half and Johnson couldn't hit anything. Then, with what seemed like the flip of a mental switch, it all came together. Couple of threes, couple of turnovers, couple of rebounds and it was over.

Reaction Score
North Carolina appears to be a sleeper team which is a real contender this year.
I am very doubtful.

Quad 1 (2-2)
quad 2 (4-0)
Quad 3 (4-0)
Quad 4 (5-0)

I just cannot respect that weakness of schedule. I realize the NET ranks them highly but I suspect that it is based on MOV over 9 patsies.

Only 8 games vs quad 1and 2 this deep in the season? South Dakota has played nine.

All of their quad 1 games have been the last four in a row and they are 2-2. The rest of their ACC schedule is gonna grind them down

Reaction Score
I was impressed on how the North Carolina State
offensive surge
blew pass Louisville's defensive points per
game stat of "49". It looked to me that
NCS was going to be held well below that
49 ppg average. Didn't you love the noise of the
home crowd fans = MANIFICIENT !! NCS would
have lost in Louisville!
May the height of UCONN ( and the determination
of ONO and everyone else, == are you listening CD,
DJ, EW, NM, AE? ) prevail
over Seton Hall and St. John's! GO HUSKIES!

Reaction Score
Looks like a wide open WBB season! Never say die
effort by North Carolina State to come back from 14 down
to win " going away" against Louisville. BC over ND in
the final seconds...
and Maryland scoring 89 points but losing to Ohio
State.
Anything can happen... GO UCONN.
Be tough, beat Seton Hall, Beat St.John's Z
The fact that there is no team, imo, head and shoulders above the crowd this year makes our dreadful-to-date season more infuriating but, at the same time, gives hope for a decent run come March- should the team be healthy. We WILL be, right? I mean come on, this !@#$ can't go on allllll season, can it????!!!!!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I am very doubtful.

Quad 1 (2-2)
quad 2 (4-0)
Quad 3 (4-0)
Quad 4 (5-0)

I just cannot respect that weakness of schedule. I realize the NET ranks them highly but I suspect that it is based on MOV over 9 patsies.

Only 8 games vs quad 1and 2 this deep in the season? South Dakota has played nine.

All of their quad 1 games have been the last four in a row and they are 2-2. The rest of their ACC schedule is gonna grind them down
What is a Quad?

Reaction Score
What is a Quad?
There are like 353 D-1 wbb teams. They are ranked in the NET. divide those ranks by 4. Four quads of @86

It's a bit more complicated based on;

• Quadrant 1: Home Ranked No. 1-30; Neutral 1-50; Away 1-75.
  • Quadrant 2: Home Ranked No. 31-75; Neutral 51-100; Away 76-135.
  • Quadrant 3: Home 76-160; Neutral 101-200; Away 136-240.
  • Quadrant 4: Home 161-353; Neutral 201-353; Away 241-353.
I basically think of Quad one as the tournament probables, Quad 2 as tounaament possibles and the other two quads as canon fodder. UNC has played more Q-3/4s than Q 1/2. That's why I can't give UNC much credit for their gaudy win/loss record

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Diamond Johnson NC State
Taylor Mikesell- 2X tOSU
It would be really nice if UConn would get a transfer who helps like those players did.

Reaction Score
Taylor Mikesell had the game of her life against her former Maryland team.
Looking at all these games, a common thread is that 1-2 good players had outstanding games. Appears that Geno recognizes the growth in offensive talent with most of our upcoming recruits having strong offensive AND defensive skills.

Reaction Score
The fact that there is no team, imo, head and shoulders above the crowd this year makes our dreadful-to-date season more infuriating but, at the same time, gives hope for a decent run come March- should the team be healthy. We WILL be, right? I mean come on, this !@#$ can't go on allllll season, can it????!!!!!
Don't give a kunnahurrah!!
Or don't give the evil eye.
Or knock on wood.
Take your pick

Reaction Score
And Florida beat #22 Kentucky 77 - 52.

This year any team can beat another team which I think is good for women basketball.

It seems that way. But is it good when both teams play poorly? The Louis game had about 40 fouls and a slew of turnovers. It was 3 periods of NCSt shooting poorly and one period where they shot very well.
All too often this year I watched games in which one of the teams played badly and the other played less badly. Many of those games are close at the end but it's a chore to sit through the first 35 minutes.
Not trying to diss wcbb but more games have been lost this year than won.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Nah.. You probably didn't watch the game. NC State trailed by as many as 14 before Johnson caught fire. Cunane also struggled mightily with her primary matchup (Cochran) during the the first half of the game which was a big part of that NCSt deficit.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looks to me that the landscape of NCAA WBB has changed a great deal of late.
Top dogs getting knocked off left and right with regularity ( SC also, just watch).
Might now mirror that of the men’s side.
Take some losses during the regular season, suffer through some injuries—get healthy and peak ( hopefully) at the end of the season and Tourney time.

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
While I was watching NC State and Louisville play last night, I was wondering what it would take for us to beat these two really good teams. Then it came to me: Azzi Fudd and Paige Bueckers. Go Uconn!

Reaction Score
There are like 353 D-1 wbb teams. They are ranked in the NET. divide those ranks by 4. Four quads of @86

It's a bit more complicated based on;

• Quadrant 1: Home Ranked No. 1-30; Neutral 1-50; Away 1-75.
  • Quadrant 2: Home Ranked No. 31-75; Neutral 51-100; Away 76-135.
  • Quadrant 3: Home 76-160; Neutral 101-200; Away 136-240.
  • Quadrant 4: Home 161-353; Neutral 201-353; Away 241-353.
I basically think of Quad one as the tournament probables, Quad 2 as tounaament possibles and the other two quads as canon fodder. UNC has played more Q-3/4s than Q 1/2. That's why I can't give UNC much credit for their gaudy win/loss record
Another example of stats having way too much importance in the minds of people trying to determine who really is good and who really isn’t. Especially this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom