Louisville lost today...so did Tenn. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Louisville lost today...so did Tenn.

Reaction Score
So, you would consider them ("us") to be no better than the ninth best team."

I don't think that position is tenable when you compare them with other teams in the 5-8 positions.

First, SCar is still ranked third according to the NET today. This is supposed to be the primary guide for the committee. If a committee member looks to other guides, Scar is still in the top 5 of the AP, he coaches' Poll, Massey and RPI.

If you look at factors like Strength of Schedule, . NET ranks Scar as having the 4th toughest schedule. Massey ranks Scar as having the 4th toughest SoS. RPI (remember that?) has SCar with the number 2 SoS. No other team in the Top 16 has a tougher schedule. Only Stanford is close.

SCar has three losses. All three are to top 16 teams. They also have 5 wins against the top 25. Very few of the top ten teams have played a schedule that is near the same category. Basically only Stanford. UCLA plays a good schedule but has 4 losses. Arizona plays a good schedule but has the same number of losses as SCar.

Again, I do not advocate that SCar is worth of being 1-4. However, I do wonder what 8 teams you believe are more worthy than SCar
Certainly, SC is not my cup of tea but they are clearly not a three seed! They are a two and likely will claw their way back to a one seed by the end of conference tournaments. Respect where respect is due. I don’t care for that style of basketball or for their head coach but underestimate them at your peril. They are a team that plays hard nosed, tough, 40 minutes of hell basketball and who simply grind most of their opponents down. Plus, they have Boston who (when she wants to be and when the team makes the occasional effort to make her their offensive focus) is the most dominant post player in the country.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom