Louisville/Kentucky | The Boneyard

Louisville/Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm not the only one watching, right?

Anyone else have that black bar in the bottom right corner of their screen on CBS with the time? Very annoying.

Reaction Score
This UK team is starting to crack under the pressure defense

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Russ Smith is playing waaaaaay too fast.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
^ to expand on my above point, he reminds me of Kemba his sophomore year. Ridiculous speed, but he needs to learn that going 110 MPH every time the ball is in your hands isn't the best idea.

Reaction Score
Really fun game, wouldn't mind seeing some OTs while waiting for the Huskies

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Louisville is going to screw themselves with this lack of patience. They feel the need to chuck up a shot as quickly as possible, even if it's not a good one.

Reaction Score
This Cauley-Stein guy makes Drummond look like Ray Allen at the FT line.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
whats rick vs uk? 0-4 right? he must have a wet streak down his leg right now if this holds.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Great to see the Squid lose any day.
He does have a lot of talent..Very shady recruiting no doubt but they will be a factor in March.
Fortunately at least 4 of their players will leave early?
At some point the extreme sliminess of what Squid us doing will bother even him and he will move on

Reaction Score
This cal team won't do ish in march . It's not nearly talented enough. he has made it clear his goal is to get as many 5 stars and let them win it. last year they were stacked, next year they'll be obscenely stacked.

Reaction Score
Yea I don't think this year's UK team is going to make too much noise in March, they aren't even close to last year's talent level. Of course that means that they will have a number of guys stick around and then next year they'll be crazy loaded. Sort of the same thing that happened with last year's UK team after they lost in 2011.

Reaction Score
Yea I don't think this year's UK team is going to make too much noise in March, they aren't even close to last year's talent level. Of course that means that they will have a number of guys stick around and then next year they'll be crazy loaded. Sort of the same thing that happened with last year's UK team after they lost in 2011.
Who sticks around? Noel, Goodwin, and Poythress are all likely gone.

People say it's a weak class. What are the odds that a kid like Wiltjer sticks around?

Look, Kentucky will be loaded with talent again next year. I'm just not convinced they'll win again for a while that way. Last year was supposed to be a stacked top, but UConn didn't show up, and Marshall broke his wrist in the NCAAs.

I'm not saying they won't make Final Fours--but loading up on 1-and-dones isn't a way to consistently win titles.

Reaction Score
Who sticks around? Noel, Goodwin, and Poythress are all likely gone.

People say it's a weak class. What are the odds that a kid like Wiltjer sticks around?

Look, Kentucky will be loaded with talent again next year. I'm just not convinced they'll win again for a while that way. Last year was supposed to be a stacked top, but UConn didn't show up, and Marshall broke his wrist in the NCAAs.

I'm not saying they won't make Final Fours--but loading up on 1-and-dones isn't a way to consistently win titles.

I think Cauley-Stein will be gone as well, can't see Wiltjer going though. I know its a weak class but where would he go? Can't guard anyone and he's mostly a finesse player who shoots jumpers from outside. To me he's a 2nd rounder at best.

Reaction Score
Cauley-Stein really ace? Haven't watched much of them but know his ceiling is looking pretty damn good, what an athlete for his size huh? But so so raw still another year would be good for him at least and Wiltjer I agree, needs every year he can get although he can fire..........I want them all to leave because I hate Squid but most of them should stay honestly.....Noel will be a supreme shot blocker in his career, another great athlete......

Reaction Score
The usual psychotic flavor to that rivarly........off the charts stuff.

The game left a bad taste in a few winner's mouths but shouldn't. There was some poise in the end in the face of ridiculous bombardments. F--- UK. Smarter play by us could have got ugly.

Reaction Score
The usual psychotic flavor to that rivarly........off the charts stuff.

The game left a bad taste in a few winner's mouths but shouldn't. There was some poise in the end in the face of ridiculous bombardments. F--- UK. Smarter play by us could have got ugly.

Agreed Senore but congrats and thanks anyway for beating the Squid.........good win, Goodwin made some line drives down the stretch that made it a little tougher but it was obvious who the better team was on the court!!

Happy New Year to you and yours my friend!!

Reaction Score
Cauley-Stein really ace? Haven't watched much of them but know his ceiling is looking pretty damn good, what an athlete for his size huh? But so so raw still another year would be good for him at least and Wiltjer I agree, needs every year he can get although he can fire..........I want them all to leave because I hate Squid but most of them should stay honestly.....Noel will be a supreme shot blocker in his career, another great athlete......
I remember Eric Bledsoe leaving after being the fourth best player, and Daniel Orton leaving after having minimal impact.

Bledsoe averaged 30.3 mpg, 11.3 ppg, 2.9 apg, 3.1 rpg, 46.2% FG, 38.3% 3PPG
Orton averaged 13.2 mpg, 3.4 ppg, 3.3 rpg, on 52% FG

Neither were terribly impressive. Bledsoe is, now, in the NBA, but they both went pro.

Wouldn't be shocked to see pretty much all of those guys go.

Wiltjer is averaging 11 ppg and 5 rpg. Not great, but certainly better than Orton.
Cauley-Stein is averaging 7.5 ppg and 5.5 rpg. And he's 7'0"

Reaction Score
Yeah Orton never got better under Squid (who does?), very minimal impact hardly remember him vs the Huskies.......Squid constantly talks about how the NBA are the one's who need to stop the "one n' done's" yet he is the main college reason they happen......he also always "over" recruits players so they see the handwriting on the wall also!!!

Cousins was allowed to be an AH under Squid and now takes that same trait with him in the NBA.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom