Louisville could potentially lose accreditation

Discussion in 'Conference Realignment Board' started by Storrs South, Jan 8, 2017.

1. FDNY99

FDNY99

uconnfan68 likes this.
  2. TRest

TRest Horrible

Jurich is an asshat. Go ahead and try to replicate that place on campus, good luck with the record profits the AD has been spouting for the last couple of years. Ask little Ricky if he wants to pull out of the Yum Center.

CL82 and FDNY99 like this.
  3. Hoophound

Hoophound

Jurich takes advantage of everything he can and with that, UL climbs the ladder. UConn can learn a thing or two from him.

This arena thing was going to explode eventually and he seems prepared to deal with it. They'll stay at Yum and pay more to use it but they'll still get an incredible deal in the end. He is setting the tone already. He even takes jabs at the homicide rate in the area to diminish the arena's value. The guy gets in the mud when he has to and is prepared to deal with any backlash.

The most interesting thing in all of it is the power he has. Our AD wouldn't have much to do with this type of thing. It would be Herbst for sure. Jurich talks like he owns the place and it appears he does based on recent events.

4. FDNY99

FDNY99

The written deal they have gives them first shot at purchasing the Yum Center for pennies on the dollar when the bonds are defaulted on.

uconnfan68 and CL82 like this.
  5. The Funster

The Funster Purveyor of fine bullspit

Jurich to city of Louisville, "You f ed up...you trusted us!"

6. buddy

buddy

I'm not so sure. I don't think their ship is sinking at all! This type usually triumphs. He alone has propelled Louisville to the P5. Their athletic programs seem to always succeed and they get away with whatever they need to. If he was at UConn five years back, UConn would be in the ACC and not Louisville and we all would be praising him. They are top level in the ACC and nationally in many sports and will eventually surpass all of the other ACC schools as the team to beat. They have money, fan support, and academics don't matter. How can they lose?

7. FDNY99

FDNY99

Easy...the Yum Center deal he has UL situated with is a complete sham for the citizens of Louisville. That place was build with Redevelopment Agency Bonding and there is now way the bonds can be paid off before they default. When they get called and default..UL's deal allows them first right of refusal to purchase the Yum Center at pennies on the dollar. This has been called to light before, and his blustering has made things go away for the time being. Now there is now where else he can hide...hence his threat to build a place on campus. Jurich has painted himself into a corner and may have finally out smarted even himself.

8. buddy

buddy

I do hope that you are correct.

uconnfan68 likes this.
  9. HoopsFan21

HoopsFan21

0.0% chance Louisville loses it.

10. Hoophound

Hoophound

This would be a problem in CT. In Louisville, they'll let UL buy it for pennies on the dollar and keep forging ahead with a permanent advantage. Life isn't as complicated in the south. They'll value what UL brings to the city and how it fills up the Yum Center and overlook the public screw job that was perpetrated. Even if they negotiate something to appease critics, UL is still going to get a sweetheart deal.

Butch and HuskyinWRNY like this.
  11. huskymedic

huskymedic

12. FDNY99

FDNY99

It's not an issue until UK is denied those same types of bonds to renovate Freedom Hall (happened)...then all of a sudden things aren't so rosy for Mr Tom Jurich and UL.

uconnfan68 and Who Ha like this.
  13. Marty Jackson

Marty Jackson

wish I had seen earlier... just finished my doctorate at Si Tanka University.
    Oh well. Guess I'll just start over. Hearing Paul Quinn U has a strong grad program...

uconnfan68 likes this.
  14. Seaa Blue

Seaa Blue

Who knew... Close your university, lose accrediation. That'll team 'em.

15. Storrs South

Storrs South

16. Dream Jobbed 2.0

Dream Jobbed 2.0 Formerly DiacosArmy

What about Baylor? They should shut that place down. Disgusting.

Who Ha and UConn Dan like this.
  17. Storrs South

Storrs South

18. Seaa Blue

Seaa Blue

Any legal minds out there know if the public will ever know what the Office for Civil Rights discovers at Baylor? In other words, even though they apparently have subpoena powers, will those findings be made public?

uconnell likes this.
  19. Jerry1714

Jerry1714

Just because you can and do subpoena information or testimony does not mean it will be made publicly available.

20. CL82

CL82 It's going to be ok - calm down and enjoy the ride

Deep down in a place I don't talk about at cocktail parties, I harbor a secret wish that Louisville will lose their accreditation and UConn will get the ACC invite.

There I said it. I don't believe it but I said it.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  21. huskyrob1

huskyrob1

Unfortunately, I might be inclined to agree with this post. What happened at UNC makes Louisville's problem seem trivial, and UNC never even hit a bump in the road. Sad to say because I still hope we get in, but the ACC is the most corrupt conference, period.

uconnell likes this.