Louisville Coaching "Search" | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Louisville Coaching "Search"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why is he not penalized at UL but if he leaves for somewhere else he is? Doesn't make sense...oh wait...NCAA...got it.

Louisville is penalizing him. Hurtt has to wash all of the restaurant tables Petino uses after he goes out for dinner. Now with Petrino on board, he’ll likely have to learn how to fix and wash motorcycles.

Reaction Score
Louisville is penalizing him. Hurtt has to wash all of the restaurant tables Petino uses after he goes out for dinner. Now with Petrino on board, he’ll likely have to learn how to fix and wash motorcycles.

Get your motor running, head out on the highway.

Reaction Score
ericcrawford11:05am via TweetDeck
Petrino: “This is my destination job.”

McMurphyESPN11:15am via TweetDeck
Petrino has a $10 million buyout. Also Clint Hurtt will be part of the staff

slmandel11:48am via TweetDeck
Jurich said he spent an hour on the phone w/ John Swofford about this. "John totally supports this. He thinks it's a great move."

Interesting...

footballscoop12:36pm via TweetDeck
Joe Schad reporting that Garrick McGee is stepping down as HC to become OC (again) w Petrino. How about that folks? So many stories...

Reaction Score
I'm completely serious about this. If UConn ever chased the dollar and sold its soul in a shameless manner like this.......I'd be done with everything UConn.

Is there a bigger dual scumbag football/hoops coaching combo in America?

Reaction Score
At the rate of these hiring, firing, resignations it now seems possible that the silly season could extend until July of 2024.

Reaction Score

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Interesting...

footballscoop12:36pm via TweetDeck
Joe Schad reporting that Garrick McGee is stepping down as HC to become OC (again) w Petrino. How about that folks? So many stories...

He was probably getting shitcanned at UAB next year anyway. Probably a preemptive move much like Poindexter avoiding being shitcanned at UVA as part of a London firing next season.

Reaction Score
He was probably getting canned at UAB next year anyway. Probably a preemptive move much like Poindexter avoiding being canned at UVA as part of a London firing next season.

I get that and don't disagree - more interesting (at least for me) that he was in the mix when Hathaway hired Pasqualoni. What a difference in talent pool (@ least on the surface)

coachingsearch12:49pm via Web
Per source, Garrick McGee will be the offensive coordinator / quarterbacks / assistant head coach at Louisville. Cards paid the buyout.

Somebody should call Burton Complex to see if Wolthausen answer his phone!

Reaction Score
The moment I knew that Bobby Petrino was going to be the head coach at Lousiville was when Pitino said there was no chance he would get hired back:

Kent Spencer ‏@WHAS11Kent
I asked Rick Pitino tonight about the possibility of Bobby Petrino returning to UofL. His response, "I highly doubt that will happen."

Honestly, when Pitino offers his opinion on something, the exact opposite happens.

Reaction Score
Anyone else loving that ESPN is actually sh__tting all over this choice as Petrino as a scumbag as opposed to pumping this up like no tomorrow to prop the ACC as the greatest conference in the history of conferences that they put together? love this one:

Under former coach Charlie Strong, the Louisville football team's "core values" were out in the open for everyone to see. On wallpaper outside the Cardinals' team meeting room, Strong listed the five things he most expected from his players:
1. Honesty
2. Treat women with respect
3. No drugs
4. No stealing
5. No guns

Anyone have an eraser?

http://espn.go.com/college-football...-cardinals-surprise-destination-bobby-petrino

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
This quote made me laugh................."Any of the other candidates would have come with far less baggage -- and a lot less road rash -- than Petrino"

Reaction Score
Anyone else loving that ESPN is actually sh__tting all over this choice as Petrino as a scumbag as opposed to pumping this up like no tomorrow to prop the ACC as the greatest conference in the history of conferences that they put together?

http://espn.go.com/college-football...-cardinals-surprise-destination-bobby-petrino

I can't believe that ESPN, of all organizations, has actually allowed this article to go up on their web site! Wow...the author just totally ripped Petrino and Jurich. He's really calling it as it is and not as the football world would prefer it. Gotta love it...Louisville has sold it's soul to the devil!

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
God I listened to the ESPN video...I swear I will punch the next person who calls L'Ville a "national power."

Reaction Score
I love it. Ouside the Lines at 4:30PM on Bobby Petrino. How in the world do parents let their kids play for this slime? Mind boggling....

ncb_a_petrino01jr_576x324.jpg

What Were They Thinking?
Blindsided by the prospect of success, Louisville made a stunning choice by hiring Bobby Petrino. Mark Schlabach »High-risk move about ACC »Petrino back to coach Cardinals again »Vote »

4:30 p.m. ET on ESPN2 & WatchESPN.com: Outside The Lines on Bobby Petrino

Reaction Score
ericcrawford11:05am via TweetDeck
Petrino: “This is my destination job.”

McMurphyESPN11:15am via TweetDeck
Petrino has a $10 million buyout. Also Clint Hurtt will be part of the staff

slmandel11:48am via TweetDeck
Jurich said he spent an hour on the phone w/ John Swofford about this. "John totally supports this. He thinks it's a great move."

Jurich had to spend an hour on the phone, (on the carpet) with ACC Commish Swofford explaining himself, interesting....to then tweet that he had his support. ....
and they haven't even played a game in any sport yet in the ACC. How is your choice of Louisville looking now Mr. Swofford.???.......

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Jurich had to spend an hour on the phone, (on the carpet) with ACC Commish Swofford explaining himself, interesting....to then tweet that he had his support. ....
and they haven't even played a game in any sport yet in the ACC. How is your choice of Louisville looking now Mr. Swofford.???..

In all fairness to Swofford, Louisville was- as far as what we can glean from the ACC expansion process- not his choice. We were. But we got jobbed out by the FSUs, Clemsons and BCs of the world who overruled Swofford's UNC/Duke/UVA etc. group.

Reaction Score
Is it wrong to hope for a cheating scandal or recruiting violation at WKU or UL in the very near future? If it weren't for the honest kids in those programs I'd wish it all day long. :rolleyes:

I guess I'll settle for the hope of mediocre results that most of the recent teams who've left our conference are getting, or will be getting. :cool:

Reaction Score
In all fairness to Swofford, Louisville was- as far as what we can glean from the ACC expansion process- not his choice. We were. But we got jobbed out by the FSUs, Clemsons and BCs of the world who overruled Swofford's UNC/Duke/UVA etc. group.
yeah, an hour spent on the phone with Swofford doesn't really indicate that they were seeing eye to eye. Sounds like a lot of Jurich promising things to Swofford.
And yes, Swofford didn't want Louisville originally, he wanted UConn, but it was only after he saw his conference threatened from within that he held his nose and took the Ville. Bad school, horrible morals off the court and gridiron by the faces of the university's athletics.
I like Jurich, but man what the hell is he thinking. There had to be good options other than Petrino who didn't have the baggage. And to keep Hurtt is just a huge black eye on Jurich. Really makes him look bush-league.

Reaction Score
yeah, an hour spent on the phone with Swofford doesn't really indicate that they were seeing eye to eye. Sounds like a lot of Jurich promising things to Swofford.
And yes, Swofford didn't want Louisville originally, he wanted UConn, but it was only after he saw his conference threatened from within that he held his nose and took the Ville. Bad school, horrible morals off the court and gridiron by the faces of the university's athletics.
I like Jurich, but man what the hell is he thinking. There had to be good options other than Petrino who didn't have the baggage. And to keep Hurtt is just a huge black eye on Jurich. Really makes him look bush-league.

It certainly appears that Jurich has made these moves, hiring Petrino and keeping Hurtt, to ensure that Louisville is competitive in the ACC next year...and beyond. The irony of it all is that if either of these guys "blow up" with a scandal or violation, Jurich may have accomplished exactly the opposite of his goal. Good luck with that...as you won't be getting anyone's sympathy when the inevitable happens!

Reaction Score
Is it wrong to hope for a cheating scandal or recruiting violation at WKU or UL in the very near future? If it weren't for the honest kids in those programs I'd wish it all day long. :rolleyes:

I guess I'll settle for the hope of mediocre results that most of the recent teams who've left our conference are getting, or will be getting. :cool:

With the P&P show now prime time at Louisville, I have no idea how Louisville avoids a NCAA and/or criminal scandal of some sort. Then again, we are talking about the NCAA, which can be blinded by the a school making it rain the color green. Miami, cough, cough, Cam Newton, cough, cough, Johnny Football, cough, cough, UNC, cough, cough...:mad:

Reaction Score
Jurich deserves whatever he gets from this hire. "Screw me once, shame on you, screw me twice.......

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I LOVE this hire! To go from Strong to Petrino is too good to be true for Louisville Community College haters. What happens first:

- Petrino leaves LCC for another job
- Petrino is fired for some kind of scandal

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Jurich FINALLY made a friggin' mistake and I LOVE it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom