Louisville Coaching "Search" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Louisville Coaching "Search"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd like to know what dirt Petrino has on Jurich & Co. locked away in his little black box to be even considered for the position.

Reaction Score
If you think about it from Jurich's perspective, Petrino has gotten NFL coaching out of his system, he has gotten an affair with a young woman...out of his system and he has proven that he can win at Louisville already. The additional advantage this time is that you're furnishing him with a very strong, albeit ethically challenged, Florida recruiter. Wow...who could possibly be a better hire than this?? Well, that is if morals, integrity and ethics are NOT issues?!? ;)

I am all for second chances, but is he really the best guy available? It seems like a reach.

Reaction Score
hey medic, in that video you posted, which one is Beluchi playing, Petrino or Pitino?

Reaction Score
There is zero doubt Petrino could coach and win big. Loisville has to figure be will win big here again, and no one else will ever be interested in hiring him away again. Wonder if Jurich will give him a screw job on his salary though.

Reaction Score
There is zero doubt Petrino could coach and win big. Loisville has to figure be will win big here again, and no one else will ever be interested in hiring him away again. Wonder if Jurich will give him a screw job on his salary though.

It also wouldn't surprise me if it is all a big diversion, although I don't know why he would need one.

Reaction Score
If Petrino is hired by Louisville I'll dance naked on the 50 yard line at The Rent. No chance.

Reaction Score
I'd like to know what dirt Petrino has on Jurich & Co. locked away in his little black box to be even considered for the position.

Notwithstanding:
-his on field record is pretty outstanding and, IMO, the best ON FIELD COACH OUT THERE BUT>>>>>.....

QUESTION FOR LOUISVILLE:
ARE WE HIRING A HARLEY for the long run or a Honda "Scooter". ???
Only Petrino knows what he likes to ride........

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
That is a good question. When you say something is your "dream job"...can you leave it for another job? Is there even a word to describe the job you take after your dream job? Uber-dream job? Dream job plus 1?

RE has painted himself into a corner. I would have thought PSU would be his dream job...being a PA guy and all. But...he has declared MD his dream job...so I don't know how he could even leave that job. Oh...I know how...in the middle of the night without telling his players. Nah..that wouldn't happen...

Not trying to stir the "how RE left pot"....but I couldn't resist ;)

Sure he can...after he's relieved of his Head Coaching duties. He just has to change the word "my" to "a". E.g., "Penn State is a dream job and I'm happy to be here." Of course, Maryland made a bowl game and Coach Edsall probably earned himself a one year reprieve. Presumably, Penn State won't be open next year and Coach Edsall will be referring to the Troy Trojans.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I guess I don't get it. Petrino, another retread with baggage ... just like the NFL where coaches get 2-3-4 chances when they've never proved their worth.

Reaction Score
Jurich gets back in bed with Petrino he deserves whatever he gets..........probably an STD............

Reaction Score
The students would burn down the campus if Edsall was named head coach at Penn State.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Forde says Petrino hiring is imminent, so it's done. Wow.

Reaction Score
What did Petrino do so bad to Louisville? He and his agent floated his name for every job? He left them for another job????

That he left the falcons high and dry and that he had an affair and lied about it while at arkansas were not transgressions against louisville. Im shocked people think the post louisville stuff should matter to jurich. Its not like he had a litany of recruiting violations post Louisville. Once again jurich is winning.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Louisville: According to Pat Forde of Yahoo Sports, Bobby Petrino's hiring at Louisville is imminent. On Sunday, Louisville AD Tom Jurich said, "I think it's the greatest job in all of college sports -- the University of Louisville."

Lolololol. Ok I get thinking your university is great and being somewhat biased. But if you're going to make a statement so damn stupid, just don't make it at all.

Reaction Score
What did Petrino do so bad to Louisville? He and his agent floated his name for every job? He left them for another job????

That he left the falcons high and dry and that he had an affair and lied about it while at arkansas were not transgressions against louisville. Im shocked people think the post louisville stuff should matter to jurich. Its not like he had a litany of recruiting violations post Louisville. Once again jurich is winning.

People can rip Ville all they want. But they have gone full monty in beefing up their athletic profile. They don't care one iota about the school or acedemics. It's win at all costs, everything else be damned. It paid off for them.

I'm not saying I wish UConn did the full Ville, but I hope we find that middle ground from where we currently are.

Reaction Score
If Petrino is hired by Louisville I'll dance naked on the 50 yard line at The Rent. No chance.

schadjoe12:57pm via Twitter for iPhone
Bobby Petrino has been offered and is expected to become the next Louisville coach per source close to decision

Sounds like ya better start practicing Nos:

fat_guy_in_speedo_dancing_zps139e3a4f.gif

Reaction Score
People can rip Ville all they want. But they have gone full monty in beefing up their athletic profile. They don't care one iota about the school or acedemics. It's win at all costs, everything else be damned. It paid off for them.

I'm not saying I wish UConn did the full Ville, but I hope we find that middle ground from where we currently are.

Yup... slmandel: I haven't watched that show "Shameless" before, I assume it's about the Louisville athletic department?

Edit add: Surprise!!!

BFeldmanCBS2:30pm via Web
ESPN reporting that #Louisville also expect to retain DL coach Clint Hurtt, who has an NCAA ShowCause from actions in Nevin Shapiro scandal

Last edited:

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Petrino convincing Jurich that he's changed :

Lol that's awesome when you watch it thinking of Petrino playing the Saddam part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom