Louisville Coaching "Search" | The Boneyard

Louisville Coaching "Search"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Apparently the new coach may be the old coach. Rumor is Randy Shannon could be the defensive coordinator.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Would be a great hire. Kragthorpe is currently an administrative assistant at LSU, so this would be a nice raise for him.

Reaction Score
Bobby?! You can come down now your timeout is over. Just remember, NO motorcycle riding!

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Bobby?! You can come down now your timeout is over. Just remember, NO motorcycle riding!

Isn't there some rule that if a hot movie star actress or a really, really hot blonde about half your age pays attention to you, you get to do her? I swear I heard that somewhere.

db60ac7c9e1d24a.jpg

Reaction Score
Looks like the 5 candidates for Louisville are two existing coaches (Watson and Bedford), plus Petrino and Narduzzi along with a unknown (Franklin possible; but, he has been linked to higher level college programs [Penn St] and the NFL).

http://tracking.si.com/2014/01/07/louisville-interested-michigan-state-pat-narduzzi/?eref=sihp

With Petrinoi and Pitino in town, I expect a big spike in usage of Ashley Madison in Louisville.

Bedford just took UT DC/DB job so scratch him (or TJ scratched him first then).

The 5th/6th names reportedly were Mason from Stanford and Chad Morris from Clemson?

Reaction Score
We'll see: http://collegead.org/college-ad-scoop/

January 7, 2014

UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE

Per kentuckysports.co’s source inside the WKU athletic department a deal has already been agreed upon to make Jeff Brohm the next WKU Head Coach to replace the departing Bobby Petrino. Petrino will be announced as the Louisville Head Coach and the Western Kentucky athletic department will announce the hiring of Brohm shortly there after.

Reaction Score
We'll see: http://collegead.org/college-ad-scoop/

January 7, 2014

UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE

Per kentuckysports.co’s source inside the WKU athletic department a deal has already been agreed upon to make Jeff Brohm the next WKU Head Coach to replace the departing Bobby Petrino. Petrino will be announced as the Louisville Head Coach and the Western Kentucky athletic department will announce the hiring of Brohm shortly there after.

if true, just another example that winning (and money) are the only thing that really matters in big time college sports today. I am surprised that Petrino got another chance, not because he had an affair with a young grad co-ed (calling Pete Carroll); but, because he lied to the police, his AD, and the University President. That is a transgression that is not easily forgotten.

Reaction Score
Maybe they were getting wind that Petrino was the only "name" interested, so in order to not face multiple embarrassing name withdrawals, they took the guy who would work on the cheap if asked.

Edit: ESPN reports that 6 actually interviewed for the job? Wow...is Petrino that good?

Last edited:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Petrino left them practically at half time of a bowl game, this is a really desperate move by UL. It does make clear what its priorities have always been, win at any cost.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
If I was a Louisville fan I would be very concerned. You go from an upstanding man like Strong to a lying dirt bag like Petrino.

Reaction Score
So let me get this straight. A school that a lizard could get into if it had the cash, will soon have a trio of sleazebags that can't be matched in college sports in Bobby Petrino, Rick Pitino, and Clint Hurtt - who Jurich refused to dump after the NCAA basically called him a liar and a cheat..

Maybe BC, Cuse and FSU were right...Louisville and the ACC really are a perfect match.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
@DanWolken
One theory I've heard today: Petrino sucks up all the convo, Jurich ends up hiring Morris or Narduzzi. But why pull a misdirection?

Reaction Score
seems odd, perhaps a little desperate, but after the Kragthorpe debacle, Jurich may want the "devil he knows" (and who knows maybe Petrino is sufficiently humble to not leave a place where he can be in P5 conference, have no problems getting the guys he wants in, and still fly a little further under the radar than in SEC land).

Reaction Score
Does anyone really believe Jurich would ever hire back Petrino? No way that will happen.
One of the highly touted coordinators will be chosen.

Reaction Score
Nostical said:
Does anyone really believe Jurich would ever hire back Petrino? No way that will happen.
One of the highly touted coordinators will be chosen.
The latter may happen, but the former is believable for Louisville.

Reaction Score
Petrino left them practically at half time of a bowl game, this is a really desperate move by UL. It does make clear what its priorities have always been, win at any cost.
If you think about it from Jurich's perspective, Petrino has gotten NFL coaching out of his system, he has gotten an affair with a young woman...out of his system and he has proven that he can win at Louisville already. The additional advantage this time is that you're furnishing him with a very strong, albeit ethically challenged, Florida recruiter. Wow...who could possibly be a better hire than this?? Well, that is if morals, integrity and ethics are NOT issues?!? ;)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If you think about it from Jurich's perspective, Petrino has gotten NFL coaching out of his system, he has gotten an affair with a young woman...out of his system and he has proven that he can win at Louisville already. The additional advantage this time is that you're furnishing him with a very strong, albeit ethically challenged, Florida recruiter. Wow...who could possibly be a better hire than this?? Well, that is if morals, integrity and ethics are NOT issues?!? ;)

Or, you can look at it this way. What level of depravity will Petrino sink to in order to satisfy his desires- Jumping ship at every employment opportunity and leaving behind burned bridges wasn't enough? Banging a college volleyball player wasn't enough- he had to hire her and take her on weekend bike rides. So, what's next?

The image of Petrino and Pitino role playing with each other is both horrifying and plausible all at once.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Love to see L'ville lure Edsall away from Maryland.

You and I both know that Maryland is St. Randy's wet dream job. He wouldn't leave there for any other job.

Reaction Score
Surprised Edsall's name hasn't come up with PSU considering he's a PA guy and all....

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
That is a good question. When you say something is your "dream job"...can you leave it for another job? Is there even a word to describe the job you take after your dream job? Uber-dream job? Dream job plus 1?

RE has painted himself into a corner. I would have thought PSU would be his dream job...being a PA guy and all. But...he has declared MD his dream job...so I don't know how he could even leave that job. Oh...I know how...in the middle of the night without telling his players. Nah..that wouldn't happen...

Not trying to stir the "how RE left pot"....but I couldn't resist ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom