Louisville and Huskies Play Dec. 4 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Louisville and Huskies Play Dec. 4

Reaction Score
Both Paige and Hailey Van Lith played for Jeff Walz on the USA team so he is familiar with what both can bring. Paige seemed to play more and in crucial situations. From what I saw and IMHO Page is the more complete player and Hailey Van Lith is more of a scorer and volume shooter as once the ball got into her hands you know a shot was coming.

I thought it was cool that both of them started at guard along with Boston, Howard and Hillmon-Baker, all a year or 2 ahead of the guards. And when the game was on the line in the final Walz picked the 2 babies to run a lob play. Bueckers was the MVP and well deserved but Hailey Van Lith was also impressive and that's why I don't see either having much trouble adjusting to college ball.

Reaction Score
I thought it was cool that both of them started at guard along with Boston, Howard and Hillmon-Baker, all a year or 2 ahead of the guards. And when the game was on the line in the final Walz picked the 2 babies to run a lob play. Bueckers was the MVP and well deserved but Hailey Van Lith was also impressive and that's why I don't see either having much trouble adjusting to college ball.
I don't disagree at all with your statements and I believe both will do well in WBB. I do feel that Hailey Van Lith tended to get out of control too much and forced too many shots. As a scorer she reminded me of Arike (scorer wise not personality). The last play you mentioned was indeed a classic and performed well. As the younger players on the team both did well and are different types of players. I, personally, prefer the one we got as I prefer that style of play.

Reaction Score
I don't disagree at all with your statements and I believe both will do well in WBB. I do feel that Hailey Van Lith tended to get out of control too much and forced too many shots. As a scorer she reminded me of Arike (scorer wise not personality). The last play you mentioned was indeed a classic and performed well. As the younger players on the team both did well and are different types of players. I, personally, prefer the one we got as I prefer that style of play.

Agree totally. I thought the difference between the two was seen in a 3X3 game. Hailey Van Lith was as quick or quicker with her moves but she was less controlled and came out of a couple of her spin moves unable to get a good shot. I see that a lot in wcbb and it looks as if endless hours are spent learning a move with the ball and almost no time spent making the ensuing layup attempt. Bueckers almost always looks in control and gets off a nice soft shot that goes in.

Reaction Score
Both Paige and Hailey Van Lith played for Jeff Walz on the USA team so he is familiar with what both can bring. Paige seemed to play more and in crucial situations. From what I saw and IMHO Page is the more complete player and Hailey Van Lith is more of a scorer and volume shooter as once the ball got into her hands you know a shot was coming.
I saw the opposite watching the U17 Game versus Australia. The exact opposite everything said here , just my OP.

Reaction Score
I saw the opposite watching the U17 Game versus Australia. The exact opposite everything said here , just my OP.
U17 or U19? Fudd & Bueckers were the starters in the U17 and Hailey Van Lith came off the bench,(13min/g). In the U19 Hailey Van Lith and Bueckers had similar scoring numbers but while neither shot very well Bueckers had twice the assists and half the turnovers. Hailey Van Lith had an edge in 3's in the final vs Aus. as Bueckers was 1-8 but Bueckers shot 7-13 from inside the arc while Hailey Van Lith was 2-9. When I watched Hailey Van Lith drive I thought of Jefferson and Dangerfield as freshmen, driving full throttle into the paint and finding themselves surrounded by tall defenders with no plan. Bueckers always seems to have a plan when she drives and very rarely turns the ball over.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Since TN does not deserve it's own thread , ;), I am just adding here

UConn women set to play Tennessee on Jan. 26, five days later than original date

Reaction Score
The Huskies now have two nonconference matchups — against Baylor and South Carolina — whose dates haven’t been finalized or announced (though they still have room on their schedule to add another non-league game if they choose).

How about taking UConn, S Car, Baylor and say Stanford and letting them play a 3 game tourney over 4 days?

Reactions: mmt

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The article has been updated and now the game is scheduled for Jan. 21st
Thanks for pointing this out. Hopefully a moderator can correct the thread title accordingly.

Gee, I'm glad I didn't by a nonrefundable plane ticket for the incorrect date :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom