ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
15 pts

3 two point shots
2 three point shots
3 FT's

Reaction Score
She gave it everything. Her interview was tough to eat has you could tell she felt the upperclassman didn’t do enough.
Well? If they did enough - sort of by the definition of "enough" - then they would have won, no?

Reaction Score
She has had a tough time in every final four game honestly. I think the pressure has been too much for her and she was just afraid to fail. Great player with a very high basketball IQ. She just isn't a killer ala Taurasi, Bird, Moore, and Stewart. I think Geno hoped she would develop that killer instinct but it's not something you can teach. You either have it or you don't.

Reaction Score
She has had a tough time in every final four game honestly. I think the pressure has been too much for her and she was just afraid to fail. Great player with a very high basketball IQ. She just isn't a killer ala Taurasi, Bird, Moore, and Stewart. I think Geno hoped she would develop that killer instinct but it's not something you can teach. You either have it or you don't.
Thanks for your input. Thankfully it is just your opinion, not truth. Care to support your opinion with facts? A team leading 20 points is hardly a tough time.

Reaction Score
And she has it. Period.

Reaction Score
Thanks for your input. Thankfully it is just your opinion, not truth. Care to support your opinion with facts? A team leading 20 points is hardly a tough time.
Well, not counting the final four she didn't play in her freshmen year, the next one she was a no-show offensively and defensively. Last year, same thing, and Jackie Young abused her on offense. This one was her best performance by far and yet she scored zero points in the first half, missed a key layup at the end, and had TWO rebounds. She's my favorite player on the team and the reason why I watch them play but let's not pretend like she hasn't struggled in the final four now. I think most of that has to do with the physicality of these game but some of it is mental as well. And like I said, she's a great basketball player but she does not have a killer instinct. She's not as mentally tough as those players I mentioned. Number one ranked recruit of this senior class and yet Arike has outperformed her two years in a row. Arike has that killer instinct that Lou does not and I can't stand her but it's the truth and the truth hurts sometimes.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Well, not counting the final four she didn't play in her freshmen year, the next one she was a no-show offensively and defensively. Last year, same thing, and Jackie Young abused her on offense.
In 2016-17 she 15 points against Miss State, only Gabby scored more. Lou was the only UConn player to score in OT.
In 2017-18 she had 16 points and 7 rebounds vs ND, played on a foot with a shredded tendon
In 2018-19 She had 20 points vs ND. Playing with a bruised spine.
Her play and leadership against Louisville got the team to the final 4.

Reaction Score
In 2016-17 she 15 points against Miss State, only Gabby scored more. Lou was the only UConn player to score in OT.
In 2017-18 she had 16 points and 7 rebounds vs ND, played on a foot with a shredded tendon
In 2018-19 She had 20 points vs ND. Playing with a bruised spine.
Her play and leadership against Louisville got the team to the final 4.
All of that is great and I know of the injuries, they just aren't good enough performances to me and she still struggled in all of those games and the other teams star still outperformed her in every one. The Miss St. game being the biggest disappointment because that was the only post season where she wasn't injured.

Reaction Score
All of that is great and I know of the injuries, they just aren't good enough performances to me and she still struggled in all of those games and the other teams star still outperformed her in every one. The Miss St. game being the biggest disappointment because that was the only post season where she wasn't injured.

Let's see you go out there and do better. Haters only hate.

Reaction Score
Basically its her fault they did not win in the FF....? Crystal had 4 points did that have anything to do with it? Pheesa had an airball and was blocked in last couple mins. Its a team game and she had her missteps but after LV and this game calling her out as struggling is not accurate, She stepped up plenty. The team did not (and her as part of team) but individually she played with courage and heart.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I always wonder the motives of posters who joined this forum one week ago taking shots at a player who wound up UConns 5th leading career scorer.

Reaction Score
I always wonder the motives of posters who joined this forum one week ago taking shots at a player who wound up UConns 5th leading career scorer.
And she’s a three time All-American. Of all the great UConn players, she’s only the fifth UConn player to be a three time first-team All-American. Plus last year, she became only the fifth UConn player to be a two-time conference POY and two-time All-American. (Collier became the sixth this year.)

Reaction Score
Basically its her fault they did not win in the FF....? Crystal had 4 points did that have anything to do with it? Pheesa had an airball and was blocked in last couple mins. Its a team game and she had her missteps but after LV and this game calling her out as struggling is not accurate, She stepped up plenty. The team did not (and her as part of team) but individually she played with courage and heart.
I never said them losing the final four was her fault. Where did you read that in my post? I said she has struggled in every final four she has played in and she has. I said she just doesn't have the killer instinct and she doesn't. Y'all act like I said she was trash or something.

Reaction Score
And she’s a three time All-American. Of all the great UConn players, she’s only the fifth UConn player to be a three time first-team All-American. Plus last year, she became only the fifth UConn player to be a two-time conference POY and two-time All-American. (Collier became the sixth this year.)
She was not a first team all American this year, but I'm not talking about awards and honors, I'm talking about her performances in the final four and a lack of killer instinct.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
She was not a first team all American this year, but I'm not talking about awards and honors, I'm talking about her performances in the final four and a lack of killer instinct.
For someone who claims that Lou is their favorite player, you really don’t know much about her. Lou was named a 1st team AA this year along with Pheesa by the WBCA, the D1 coaches association. That makes 3 years in a row as a 1st team AA for Lou.

Reaction Score
My wife and I think that Lou and Pheesa should quit basketball. They are both such pretty and statuesque women that they should sign contracts with the Ford Modeling Agency and make a career of being on the cover of every major magazine in the world. Why waste your time on basketball when you can make millions modeling and eventually doing movies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
My wife and I think that Lou and Pheesa should quit basketball. They are both such pretty and statuesque women that they should sign contracts with the Ford Modeling Agency and make a career of being on the cover of every major magazine in the world. Why waste your time on basketball when you can make millions modeling and eventually doing movies.
They could do both...

Reaction Score
I never said them losing the final four was her fault. Where did you read that in my post? I said she has struggled in every final four she has played in and she has. I said she just doesn't have the killer instinct and she doesn't. Y'all act like I said she was trash or something.
Not sure if understand the timing and choice of words in your post but that is exactly what you are saying. She scored 20 pts in the second half of the game. What else you expect a player to CONTRIBUTE to help a team win? 20 second half points is not enough of an instinct? Against LV her performance was not enough of an instinct to take control of game?

Besides hitting the last shot last year Arike had a bad game. Your same argument of not scoring first half pts in a FF game can be used against her. I guess the way you judge killer instincts is you take a team that relies at end of games to give it to a one on one player that will always take the shot. Yes Arike made some and had a great run in the last 30 seconds of a game last year but there are plenty she missed too that put her team in the position to have to make that shot..

Your timing could not be more off, but since you just joined the board I would not expect you to understand. Take a second and reflect on what myself and others have shared back instead of just arguing. Did you acknowledge the poster that posted her stats and play in those other FF games? Did you see her in other games over the years in big games against LV and Maryland? Did you see her step up in 2nd half of ND earlier this year when game was still close with 15 pts (with Turner guarding her?)

If you still feel the same then you are entitled to you opinion and thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom