Lou | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Lou's career is over. She had a fabulous career. And She gave me tons of joy watching her grow and develop. And she gave me great pleasure on the court.

To the original poster, we all know of her performance in 4 final fours. I had to say it last year and will say it again, the only people who can criticize anyone for their play in a final four game, is someone who has achieved that honor.

Because her career is over, any criticism cannot be constructive because there is nothing to construct. Anyone who feels it is valuable at this juncture to criticize her is not worthy of my time to read.

I am disappointed in the original poster, and any who would criticize someone who has achieved so much more than they and done it with grace an dignity. Dignity that I wish more posters would display.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Some of the remarks in this thread are just bizarre. Lou played with and played through several injuries. These injuries were far worse than floor burns. And speaking of floor-plant injuries, she hurt her spine by diving, face first, for a loose ball in a game against a team (Houston) whose chances of winning were about zero. She maxed out on that play anyway. Lou is one of the all-time great Huskies.

Reaction Score
Lou's career is over. She had a fabulous career. And She gave me tons of joy watching her grow and develop. And she gave me great pleasure on the court.

To the original poster, we all know of her performance in 4 final fours. I had to say it last year and will say it again, the only people who can criticize anyone for their play in a final four game, is someone who has achieved that honor.

Because her career is over, any criticism cannot be constructive because there is nothing to construct. Anyone who feels it is valuable at this juncture to criticize her is not worthy of my time to read.

I am disappointed in the original poster, and any who would criticize someone who has achieved so much more than they and done it with grace an dignity. Dignity that I wish more posters would display.

LOL! The original poster only wanted to know how many points Lou scored in the 3rd quarter. Discussion took a left turn from there. And really, the major debate that ensued was about who had a killer instinct and who didn't, and frankly that's a matter of opinion that each of us is entitled to have and express on this forum. It's not really a criticism of anybody. We all love Lou and wish her well at the next level, and Pheesa too.

Reaction Score
Samuelson and Collier were fine. Would have liked to see a little more offensive production from Dangerfield. The real problem with this year's team was that you only had six players. The rest of the bench needed to contribute something more during the season than a couple brief spurts by Combs. You need more than six players over an entire season to win a national title.

Reaction Score
You’re not really serious, are you? If there is only one team, then it’s 1st team AA.

Let’s talk about the HOH. Geno set the criteria for players to be named to the HOH as earning 1st team AA honors. In 2016 Tuck was named to the WBCA AA 1st team. It was the one and only 1st team honor Tuck received, and, as a result her name was put on the HOH.

If Geno says the WBCA AA is 1st team, then it’s 1st team.
Still makes no sense regardless of what Geno says. There is no first, second, or third team. It is one team, so the correct phrase would be WBCA all american. In order to be a first, there has to be a second.

Reaction Score
LOL! The original poster only wanted to know how many points Lou scored in the 3rd quarter. Discussion took a left turn from there. And really, the major debate that ensued was about who had a killer instinct and who didn't, and frankly that's a matter of opinion that each of us is entitled to have and express on this forum. It's not really a criticism of anybody. We all love Lou and wish her well at the next level, and Pheesa too.
Exactly!

Reaction Score
It never has, it takes the top ten vote getters and they are consider the WBCA All-Americans. This is the OLDEST women's basketball All-American award and it considered the MOST coveted, because ONLY the coaches are the voters.
Ok, I never disputed this. And I never said she wasn't an All-American.

Reaction Score
How many games have been on the line in the waning moments of these past four years???? Not a whole lot and Katie has always been a selfless person who plays a team game and shares the ball continually. Isn't that one of the things about UConn women's basketball that most people here on the Boneyard love??? Arike is a mad bomber and with a team as good as ours, she probably would have been pulled to the bench on a number of occasions if she played for Geno and played as much one on four or one on five as I've seen her do on a lot of occasions for the Irish. That's not the pure game that Geno likes his team playing so just how many chances to take over a game in the waning moments has KLS actually had??????
What you said was true but Arike's performances late in games have her playing for back to back titles so it's kind of redundant. She comes through when her team needs her to period.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Still makes no sense regardless of what Geno says. There is no first, second, or third team. It is one team, so the correct phrase would be WBCA all american. In order to be a first, there has to be a second.
Here’s some free advice. When you’re stuck in a hole, stop digging.

Reaction Score
Not scoring in an entire half of basketball is struggling to me but basketball is more than just scoring. I'm talking about the entirety of the game. And yes I did respond to that individual who posted those stats.
I don't care to discuss further but you say killer instincts and now it's the whole game? Now a player has to be great with killer instincts for all four quarters? Arike scored like two points in first half but use her as an example of killer instincts.

Just want to be clear, I recognize she is not the one on one player to create a shot at end of game. For all the hype some of the few players that people associate as that player only win a game like that once or maybe at best twice in a given year. UConn has even less opportunities to show that because they are not often in a situation where they need it. For all the talk of Stewie she had Moriah, Tuck and KML too that stepped up. Stewie's freshman year was a great example of her killer instincts but again it was one post-season. Where was her killer instincts when the lost to Stanford? My point is a team that loses a couple games a year its ridiculous to start pointing at players with lack of killer instincts when they lose. Normally I probably would not respond but I just strongly disagree that it applies to this player after the last two games she played with huge shoots all over.

Reaction Score
What you said was true but Arike's performances late in games have her playing for back to back titles so it's kind of redundant. She comes through when her team needs her to period.
Really? So that must mean that ND has gone undefeated all the years she has been there for that statement to be true. We just remember the few times that happens because everyone cant do it all and everytime.

BTW where was she earlier this year when UConn won? I am watching finals and Arike has played terrible down stretch and is 11 for 27... as I was typing she just missed free throw and lost!!! Where is killer instinct???

Reaction Score
What is the saying never argue with a drunk person, you can never win.puck inns bucket game time play on a bad footv, score 15 points in one critical 3rd quarter and the try to compare her to Stewart about as poor an argument I've heard. Have fun even though your glass obviously is half full

Reaction Score
UConn doesn't generally recruit the one-on-one take charge player. UConn recruits team oriented players. Team oriented players are great for the first 38 minutes of the game, but when it comes to the last 2 minutes of the game, with the game on the line, no one steps up and says, "I got this". It is neither good nor bad. It's just the way it is. Maybe the 2 latest recruits are "I got this" players? I don't know.

IMO CW will be a "I got this" player her Junior and Senior year. I think the team will do well with her in charge.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
All of that is great and I know of the injuries, they just aren't good enough performances to me and she still struggled in all of those games and the other teams star still outperformed her in every one. The Miss St. game being the biggest disappointment because that was the only post season where she wasn't injured.
You were given facts which chose to ignore. She didn't miss important free throws in those games was in double figures scoring in all. Last year for God's sake ND shot 23 free throws to UCONN's 6

Reaction Score
Here’s some free advice. When you’re stuck in a hole, stop digging.
Im not stuck, you think that there is a WCBA first team all american list, I do not. Difference of opinion and I'm fine with that. Peace, love, happiness, and all that is good my friend.

Reaction Score
You were given facts which chose to ignore. She didn't miss important free throws in those games was in double figures scoring in all. Last year for God's sake ND shot 23 free throws to UCONN's 6
I watched those games and she struggled, injured or not.

Reaction Score
UConn doesn't generally recruit the one-on-one take charge player. UConn recruits team oriented players. Team oriented players are great for the first 38 minutes of the game, but when it comes to the last 2 minutes of the game, with the game on the line, no one steps up and says, "I got this". It is neither good nor bad. It's just the way it is. Maybe the 2 latest recruits are "I got this" players? I don't know.

IMO CW will be a "I got this" player her Junior and Senior year. I think the team will do well with her in charge.
DT, Bird, Moore, Stewart were all players like that.

Reaction Score
KLS is first and foremost a team player. That is never bad. Also, ALL the games count. You have to win almost all the games to be able to be in the so-called big games. KLS is the only player in women's D1 history to be selected WBCA AA 3 times AND start in 3 national semi-final games undefeated. First of all, the WBCA AA team IS the most coveted because it chosen by coaches who understand and appreciate what a team game is all about. Also, because it is a ten player team there are no excuses like splitting votes with teammates or being kept off a 1st five because of a one year wonder. I think one would have to make a lot of big plays to be an all-American and win every game up to the final 4 games. KLS has been mis-valued and under valued during her entire career at UConn. She has always been a great all-around player. Anyone who understands team sports and competition knows that just being a team player who is willing to do anything to help the team is already an all-around player. Factor in the varied and high level skills of KLS and you have an ultimate All-American team player. A player like her who is also a leader contributes all the time to team success on and off the court and before and during a game. No game is won just at the end. They don't just start keeping score in the last 5 minutes. BTW, KLS actually played well in all 3 semi finals she played in. In the 1st two she shot both 50% from 3 and overall. She just didn't take a lot of shots while she played very well in the 2nd half this year despite not being close to 100% physically. Also, keep in mind KLS makes many correct and very good passes that she doesn't get credit for an assist such as advancing the ball up the floor or passing to put the offense in the appropriate position or situation. That's just a couple of the things a real team player does to help the team without getting any extra credit for doing it.

Reaction Score
KLS is first and foremost a team player. That is never bad. Also, ALL the games count. You have to win almost all the games to be able to be in the so-called big games. KLS is the only player in women's D1 history to be selected WBCA AA 3 times AND start in 3 national semi-final games undefeated. First of all, the WBCA AA team IS the most coveted because it chosen by coaches who understand and appreciate what a team game is all about. Also, because it is a ten player team there are no excuses like splitting votes with teammates or being kept off a 1st five because of a one year wonder. I think one would have to make a lot of big plays to be an all-American and win every game up to the final 4 games. KLS has been mis-valued and under valued during her entire career at UConn. She has always been a great all-around player. Anyone who understands team sports and competition knows that just being a team player who is willing to do anything to help the team is already an all-around player. Factor in the varied and high level skills of KLS and you have an ultimate All-American team player. A player like her who is also a leader contributes all the time to team success on and off the court and before and during a game. No game is won just at the end. They don't just start keeping score in the last 5 minutes. BTW, KLS actually played well in all 3 semi finals she played in. In the 1st two she shot both 50% from 3 and overall. She just didn't take a lot of shots while she played very well in the 2nd half this year despite not being close to 100% physically. Also, keep in mind KLS makes many correct and very good passes that she doesn't get credit for an assist such as advancing the ball up the floor or passing to put the offense in the appropriate position or situation. That's just a couple of the things a real team player does to help team without getting any extra credit for doing it.
I have stated over and over again how great of a player I think she is. If she wasn't, I wouldn't be a fan. She just lacks a killer instinct IMO.

Reaction Score
Really? So that must mean that ND has gone undefeated all the years she has been there for that statement to be true. We just remember the few times that happens because everyone cant do it all and everytime.

BTW where was she earlier this year when UConn won? I am watching finals and Arike has played terrible down stretch and is 11 for 27... as I was typing she just missed free throw and lost!!! Where is killer instinct???
You seem to be getting yourself all worked up. But let clarify what I mean by killer instinct. Making big plays to win big games and in the final four, Lou has not done that. There are no bigger games than the final four. Regular season is just that, regular. Can you step up and win you team a championship when things are tight? That is killer instinct.

Reaction Score
What is the saying never argue with a drunk person, you can never win.puck inns bucket game time play on a bad footv, score 15 points in one critical 3rd quarter and the try to compare her to Stewart about as poor an argument I've heard. Have fun even though your glass obviously is half full
So Lou doesn't have the skill set or height of Breanna Stewart. What is she like an inch shorter? Who is the better shooter? But just so we're clear, what is it that makes Stewart the better player?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You seem to be getting yourself all worked up. But let clarify what I mean by killer instinct. Making big plays to win big games and in the final four, Lou has not done that. There are no bigger games than the final four. Regular season is just that, regular. Can you step up and win you team a championship when things are tight? That is killer instinct.
You’re the one that’s posted 22 times in this thread to disagree with all respondents but Los24 is the one that’s all worked up?

Reaction Score
Not worked up at all. Just trying to get clarity as you keep moving around the goalpost. Thank you for the clear definition. There are few and far between players you can list as the opportunities are rare and also with the fact there are to many variables. Do you have best defender, are you double teamed, can your teammates get you the ball, do you have opportunity for last shot? Maybe Geno should have gave it to his best shooter the past two years when game was on the line? Chong and Gabby had the ball at the end to win the game the last two FF not KLS fault. Arike didn't quite make it this year so we should remove her off the list :)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Im not stuck, you think that there is a WCBA first team all american list, I do not. Difference of opinion and I'm fine with that. Peace, love, happiness, and all that is good my friend.
It seems that every year around this time someone like you crawl out of the woodwork to troll the BY. I don’t know what your story is and frankly I don’t care. I take comfort in the fact that you will grow tired of this BS because you’re not a true fan of UConn WBB and have little or no knowledge of the game itself.

You may choose to respond or not, but please be assured that this is my last response to you. I as well as other longtime posters on this board have wasted far too much time on your nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom