Lou to Seattle Storm | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lou to Seattle Storm

Reaction Score
The draft class this year is kind of weak, so I love this move for both NY and Seattle. Howard wanted a bigger role and that's not happening in Seattle, plus I would argue she is more on the tale end of her career. They also have Ezi. I'm not sure I understand it for Dallas unless they have something else up their sleeve.

Reaction Score
Reflecting on Megan Walker, I understand why she chose to leave early for the WNBA, but I can help believe that she and UConn would have greatly benefited from her staying for her senior year, which would have been THIS year.
Imagine this team with Megan on it. We wouldn't have lost to Arkansas.

She didn't exactly set the W. on fire, being buried deep on the bench. That love affair sure ended quickly, one season. Good luck to her in Phoenix. Sometimes a change of venue is just what the Doctor ordered.

Def agree. I also don’t think she got her feet under her because of covid

Reaction Score
Reflecting on Megan Walker, I understand why she chose to leave early for the WNBA, but I can help believe that she and UConn would have greatly benefited from her staying for her senior year, which would have been THIS year.
Imagine this team with Megan on it. We wouldn't have lost to Arkansas.

She didn't exactly set the W. on fire, being buried deep on the bench. That love affair sure ended quickly, one season. Good luck to her in Phoenix. Sometimes a change of venue is just what the Doctor ordered.
I too think she should have maybe stayed the extra year, I think sometimes the option to go and be professional and the lure of being able to make money pushes players who maybe aren't ready. She wasn't WNBA ready I don't think and then when you add in the team she went to who are struggling, the bubble and I think she was also late to the bubble as she had COVID? Correct me if i am wrong there.
Phoenix will be a new start for her but I do worry that if she struggles there with the players she will have around her and the guidance of D, then she will possibly struggle to maintain a spot in the WNBA.

Reaction Score
She's 29...:rolleyes:

edit--Dupree who they acquired is 36
Ezi is 21, and her teacher is Lauren Jackson. Seattle also has Russell, Howard brought very little to the 2020 championship run. Stewie is still the heart of the Seattle defense, and let's other people excel.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Ezi is 21, and her teacher is Lauren Jackson. Seattle also has Russell, Howard brought very little to the 2020 championship run. Stewie is still the heart of the Seattle defense, and let's other people excel.
You are wrong about Howard. She had a poor start to the season. She finished fine. She had some huge playoff games for them. They definitely don't win in '18 without her, maybe not in '20 either.

And Clark and Howard were the heart and soul of the Seattle defense. Look at the year Stewie missed. They couldn't score, but the defense was still fierce.

Reaction Score
Looking around the league, I had been thinking that this would be a great fit for her but of course had no idea it would actually happen. Great news!

At least at Dallas she was able to start and get some significant minutes. But with Arike as the focus, the ultimate high volume shooter, it was far from ideal.

I don`t know where Lou will fit on the Seattle depth chart or how they intend to utilize her skills, but she should thrive on a team with a team orientation, winning tradition, and a significant UConn presence.

I would not be surprised to hear that Stewie put in a good word or two for Lou.

Lou should go into the new WNBA season with a whole lot of confidence. As Seattle must have noticed, Lou is absolutely tearing it up in Spain for Perfumerias Avenida, which is 21-0 in league play and 6-0 in the Euroleague, making it to the quarterfinals. She is the star of the team along with Tiffany Hayes. I have seen a number of their games on canalfeb and she looks like a different player, confident, healthy, better off the dribble and stronger physically. Shooting very well from three and also midrange.

Ironically, Bella Alarie of Dallas just joined Perfumerias Avenida, to play with her now former teammate.
Can you give me the link or web site where you watch the game from Spain.

Reaction Score
1B5C105F-C3E6-4C2D-BAC1-978B47081E2F.jpeg

Reaction Score
Saw this on twitter. GM plans for Storm

This is what I like to see. Breanna follows Paige very closely and definitely she will help to recruit Paige to Seattle. If Breanna, Lou, Phessa and Paige all join Seattle that will be the deram team.

Reaction Score
I would love to see Paige in Seattle. But, I don’t see them being a lottery team when Paige is eligible for the draft. So, Seattle would have to give one of their prized possessions up, to get that pick from someone else.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I would love to see Paige in Seattle. But, I don’t see them being a lottery team when Paige is eligible for the draft. So, Seattle would have to give one of their prized possessions up, to get that pick from someone else.
Just a cute fantasy

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Probably means that another Collier, Texas native Charli Collier, goes number one to Dallas.

Bingo. I think that's why Dallas made this move. They've got 11 guaranteed contracts so expect some of those other draft choices to go somewhere in a trade for a vet. There are so many moving pieces off these trades I wouldn't know where to begin until I see the pieces settle! ? ;)

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Can you give me the link or web site where you watch the game from Spain.
On google, search canal feb and canal feb tv shows up. There are a number of televised games at any point in time and they are shown at the top of the screen. Scrolling across, it looks like Perfumerias Avenida (look for the name and a funky blue avatar that looks like an owl holding a basketball) next has a televised game on Feb.14 against Gran Canaria. It looks like that game is at 6 am EST, must be noon start in Spain. They have a game on Feb. 11 but I don`t think it is televised. Canal feb does the Spanish league games and games in other European countries. You need to be careful to get the time of the game correct, accounting for the time zone difference. You just click on the game when the time comes and bingo, you are watching.

Also Google Perfumerias Avenida and look for results under that name for:

eurobasket.com - rosters, games, schedules, stats, lots of info

perfumeriasavenidabaloncesto.com - official team website, look for a button to translate Spanish to English. Funky articles, there is definitely something lost in the translation that make them kind of amusing. But worth looking at if you are interested in following Lou, Tiffany, and Karlie

the Perfumerias Avenida Twitter feed - lots of good pics, they also tweet during the game so it is a way to follow the game as it is happening if it is not televised

and also under the Perfumerias Avenida google search, look for fiba.basketball - that gives you access to the Euroleague stuff. I don`t think they play in the Euroleague again until mid March, though. This is where you go to see televised Euroleague games. They have some prior games still up, and tons of info

That`s all I have but if you utilize those avenues you can follow Lou or pretty much anyone else playing in Europe.

I hope this is all clear enough.

Reaction Score
On google, search canal feb and canal feb tv shows up. There are a number of televised games at any point in time and they are shown at the top of the screen. Scrolling across, it looks like Perfumerias Avenida (look for the name and a funky blue avatar that looks like an owl holding a basketball) next has a televised game on Feb.14 against Gran Canaria. It looks like that game is at 6 am EST, must be noon start in Spain. They have a game on Feb. 11 but I don`t think it is televised. Canal feb does the Spanish league games and games in other European countries. You need to be careful to get the time of the game correct, accounting for the time zone difference. You just click on the game when the time comes and bingo, you are watching.

Also Google Perfumerias Avenida and look for results under that name for:

eurobasket.com - rosters, games, schedules, stats, lots of info

perfumeriasavenidabaloncesto.com - official team website, look for a button to translate Spanish to English. Funky articles, there is definitely something lost in the translation that make them kind of amusing. But worth looking at if you are interested in following Lou, Tiffany, and Karlie

the Perfumerias Avenida Twitter feed - lots of good pics, they also tweet during the game so it is a way to follow the game as it is happening if it is not televised

and also under the Perfumerias Avenida google search, look for fiba.basketball - that gives you access to the Euroleague stuff. I don`t think they play in the Euroleague again until mid March, though. This is where you go to see televised Euroleague games. They have some prior games still up, and tons of info

That`s all I have but if you utilize those avenues you can follow Lou or pretty much anyone else playing in Europe.

I hope this is all clear enough.
TY

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
But they have Stewie, no one else does, they have Sue, no one else does!
They had Bird, Stewie and Loyd in 2016 and 2017 and went 16-18 and 15-19 and were bounced from the first round of the playoffs both years. They didn't get good until they added Howard. In 2019 w/out Bird and Stewie they went 18-16 and actually won a first round playoff game, unlike '16 and '17.

Reaction Score
She needs to replace Clark, not Whitcomb. The best defensive player in the league IMO and 3 point sniper.

Seattle has successfully deconstructed a good chunk of their Championship teams now. Good job. :mad:
I still think it’s Whitcomb but...

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I still think it’s Whitcomb but...
Okay, who replaced Clark then? Nobody. They need a starting 3. I don't think KLS is it, but look at their roster and try to find a starting 3.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom