Lou Saban should be fired | The Boneyard

Lou Saban should be fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lou Saban was interviewed about the election and his response was absolutely deplorable. If I heard him correctly (wish I had recorded it), he was TOO BUSY to vote last Tuesday, in fact, he didn't even realize it was Election Day. He had IMPORTANT WORK TO DO with Mississippi State taking the field on Saturday versus the Tide (51-3, 'Bama win).

For that single oversight (dismissive reasoning), he should be let go by the University of Alabama and never hired again by any school. He is suppose to be a leader. He is the highest profile individual in the state of Alabama. He is responsible for an entire program that is primarily African-American in composition. He is suppose to be building character and leadership and developing strong young men to go forth and be a positive example for their families, friends and communities. And, what message does he send? Nothing else matters,but his football program. He is TOO BUSY to be bothered with such "trivial" matters as the Presidential Election. Soldiers and Veterans giving their life for this most important of rights . . . the right to vote. Wow!!! What a dispicable example for his players and the university. What a narcissistic, arrogant, elitis, pompous, self-absorbed buffoon.

Reaction Score
Can't tell if this is serious. Is Lou any relation to Nick?

Nick Saban. My bad. Nick Saban. I was fired up, what can I say. I didn't stop to proof read. My bad. That's why I don't Tweet. Good thing I didn't send this to the university's Board of Trustees. Thanks for picking this up.

Reaction Score
Your reaction is way over the top. We have right to vote like we have the right to not vote.

Yes he should set a better example, but maybe he knows his state better than we do. Maybe he doesn't want to inflame in either side.

Reaction Score
Lou Saban was interviewed about the election and his response was absolutely deplorable. If I heard him correctly (wish I had recorded it), he was TOO BUSY to vote last Tuesday, in fact, he didn't even realize it was Election Day. He had IMPORTANT WORK TO DO with Mississippi State taking the field on Saturday versus the Tide (51-3, 'Bama win).

For that single oversight (dismissive reasoning), he should be let go by the University of Alabama and never hired again by any school. He is suppose to be a leader. He is the highest profile individual in the state of Alabama. He is responsible for an entire program that is primarily African-American in composition. He is suppose to be building character and leadership and developing strong young men to go forth and be a positive example for their families, friends and communities. And, what message does he send? Nothing else matters,but his football program. He is TOO BUSY to be bothered with such "trivial" matters as the Presidential Election. Soldiers and Veterans giving their life for this most important of rights . . . the right to vote. Wow!!! What a dispicable example for his players and the university. What a narcissistic, arrogant, elitis, pompous, self-absorbed buffoon.

Literally no good can come from answering that question. If he said "Yeah I voted for Trump/Clinton" it was a lose-lose regardless. If he says he "didn't know it was election day" then he can get past the question and people won't be pestering him about who he voted for

Reaction Score
NICK Saban should have voted, simply because of the example it sets. As for who he voted for? He knows the coach of the Patriots, so his reply could simply have been . . . " Yes, I did vote. Now we're on to Mississippi State. We're focused on Miss State".

Reaction Score
NICK Saban should have voted, simply because of the example it sets. As for who he voted for? He knows the coach of the Patriots, so his reply could simply have been . . . " Yes, I did vote. Now we're on to Mississippi State. We're focused on Miss State".
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Nick Saban. My bad. Nick Saban. I was fired up, what can I say. I didn't stop to proof read. My bad. That's why I don't Tweet. Good thing I didn't send this to the university's Board of Trustees. Thanks for picking this up.

Wait this thread is serious?

Reaction Score

Good rant though... Saban: Forgot Election Day, but voted absentee

>>Saban and Auburn's Gus Malzahn had filmed ads during the campaign season urging Alabama residents to vote.<<

Reaction Score
His vote would not have made a difference in Alabama. It was not even close there. He played it correctly.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Good rant though... Saban: Forgot Election Day, but voted absentee

>>Saban and Auburn's Gus Malzahn had filmed ads during the campaign season urging Alabama residents to vote.<<

1) Saban: why not just say you voted early, right? The great coaches (e.g. JC) teach more than just how to play a sport.
2) Media: y'all know people can vote early in Bama. How about digging a little before running with this crap.

Reaction Score

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
We REALLY need a game soon. Even a drubbing by BC would produce more informed posts. This was unreal, but it fits in with a lot of other completely moronic drivel posted in the last few days.
I don't care if Lou voted for The Ronald or for Celery. It's a moot point.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I heard Finebaum talk about this. He said that he believes Saban is a democrat and he knows his fan base isnt. So...he avoids the topic. He did it poorly, but there was a reason he said what he said.

Saban hates and mistrusts the media. What he says to them may or may not be the truth. I saw him speak at a company function. He actually seems like a decent guy and he is much better without a camera stuck in his face.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Can't tell if this is serious. Is Lou any relation to Nick?

The Lou Saban who coached the Buffalo Bills in the 1960's when they were an AFL franchise was not related to Nick Saban. Somebody wrote an article claiming they were distant cousins, but the two families have indicated there's no relation.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Nick voted absentee. TDH is out of line. Roll Tide

Reaction Score
Saban could/should have taken the high road and told whoever the nosey SOB was to mind their own business.

Reaction Score
Coaches PPGDL would eat Saban and spit him out. I've heard from sources that Diaco voted several times.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
This needs to be in the cesspool
I'm actually SHOCKED it hasn't reached Cesspool levels yet....I thought by the third post in this thread it be headed straight for cesspool status....yet nothing yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom