Lou playing in the near future? | The Boneyard

Lou playing in the near future?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It’s interesting that no one has mentioned the fortitude and “guts” that Lou displayed during the tournament. She was injured then, but sucked it up and played, and we never heard anything about it.

Then she continued to endure the pain and discomfort during the first week or two of the Wings practices. She had to impress to make the cut. She gutted it out.

Once she was assured of making the team, then she/they opted to have her knee repaired. No telling how much more effective she would have been during the tournament had she been healthy. Whenever I see Lou Lopez-Senechal going forward, I’ll be looking at a “proven” warrior. :cool:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It’s interesting that no one has mentioned the fortitude and “guts” that Lou displayed during the tournament. She was injured then, but sucked it up and played, and we never heard anything about it.

Then she continued to endure the pain and discomfort during the first week or two of the Wings practices. She had to impress to make the cut. She gutted it out.

Once she was assured of making the team, then she/they opted to have her knee repaired. No telling how much more effective she would have been during the tournament had she been healthy. Whenever I see Lou Lopez-Senechal going forward, I’ll be looking at a “proven” warrior. :cool:
She is sturdy and tough. About midway through the season the word was out on Lou and she began to get the Paige Bueckers treatment from opposing teams. She didn't bat an eye. Asked about it she said she got plenty of that "special treatment" at Fairfield and maybe more since she was always the primary scoring option.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I watched a Dallas game over the past weekend, and at one point the announcers pointed her out on the bench and said, "There is still a chance that she will play this season ..."

I don't know where they got their information, but that report did not sound optimistic for Lou to make a significant contribution this season.

Reaction Score
Agreed, not sure what is going on down there. The coach doesn't appear to use her bench much and I see little reason why their #1 draft pick should be riding the bench as much as she is unless she is perceived to be a defensive liability. They are having a bit of success so maybe the coach prefers not to mess with the rotation (or lack of one) too much. Lou will need to prove herself quickly, but she has managed to do so before.

Reaction Score
That machine allows the motion but no weight. I would guess she would be a long shot to play this season unless this is an older picture. After this she will need to work on strength and then put weight on it then actually jogging with weight. After all that she will still have to start with cutting and changing direction which will take a pretty strong knee. All that is a month or so is a lot to ask. My guess is she will sit the season so she is 100% next year.

Reaction Score
It will be great to see her play at the next level. I might miss Lou’s feistiness most of all next season. She wasn’t afraid to get in an opponent’s face if she felt they were out of line. I hope someone else brings that next season!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It will be great to see her play at the next level. I might miss Lou’s feistiness most of all next season. She wasn’t afraid to get in an opponent’s face if she felt they were out of line. I hope someone else brings that next season!
Someone like Nika?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Someone like Nika?
Paige can be feisty too. Some of the UCF cheerleaders looked terrified of her

E2E94C1B-BA4D-4359-8F4F-0F3EE02E29A2.jpeg

Reaction Score

I mentioned it a lot. She was basically playing with one healthy leg for most of the games in March, not just the S16 game. The fact her knee literally buckled in her last game and came back to play shows how much of a warrior she is.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I really hope Lou gets a chance, but I doubt it. Dallas was the worst team to go to.

Dallas basically plays 5. Subs are minimal. Siegrist get a handful of minutes a game. The 3 big guns for Dallas are Sabally, Howard and Ogunbowale.

Dallas has been a graveyard for other young players.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Dangerfield is having a nice season in Dallas. She is playing hard and focuses on ball movement and speed. She's averaging 28.9 mpg, 9.1 ppg (higher than Candace Parker), 3.5 rpg, 3.0 apg, and only 1.0 TO. She's shooting a respectable 44/30/79.

When Lou gets healthy, she could change the substitution pattern.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lou had a Q&A on Instagram today. Someone asked when she would play again. To paraphrase, “I don’t know, but I’m making progress all the time.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom