Lou may never play in a championship game... very sad. | The Boneyard

Lou may never play in a championship game... very sad.

Reaction Score
With Azura leaving, it's going to be very difficult to make it to the championship game next year... and if we don't, that means Lou will never have played in the BIG game, since she broke her foot at the Final Four her freshman year.
That would be a horrible shame... so I guess our gals will have to make it to the finals.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
With Azura leaving, it's going to be very difficult to make it to the championship game next year... and if we don't, that means Lou will never have played in the BIG game, since she broke her foot at the Final Four her freshman year.
That would be a horrible shame... so I guess our gals will have to make it to the finals.
Life is not always fair, but I know that in Lou's mind, she is preparing to do everything possible to get UConn into the national final next year and win it. So long as Lou is fighting towards that goal, I'm not giving up on Lou and the Huskies.

Reaction Score
You know what really stinks about this, besides the damn refs? The NCAA!!! I don't care why people think Shepard should have been eligible this year. The reality is that the NCAA is corrupt. If Shepard should have been eligible this year, Stevens should have been eligible last year or vice versa. Either way, we would have won one championship either last year or this year. I hate that biased refs can dictate who is champion and I hate that the NCAA can dictate who is champion. Slowly, over time, I am becoming less and less interested in sports because of crap like this.

Reaction Score
You know what really stinks about this, besides the damn refs? The NCAA!!! I don't care why people think Shepard should have been eligible this year. The reality is that the NCAA is corrupt. If Shepard should have been eligible this year, Stevens should have been eligible last year or vice versa. Either way, we would have won one championship either last year or this year. I hate that biased refs can dictate who is champion and I hate that the NCAA can dictate who is champion. Slowly, over time, I am becoming less and less interested in sports because of crap like this.

I don't recall if UConn had applied for a waiver for Azura to become eligible immediately; if we didn't, there is no issue with the NCAA declaing Sheperd being eligible. South Carolina may have a bigger beef on this one than we do.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don't recall if UConn had applied for a waiver for Azura to become eligible immediately; if we didn't, there is no issue with Sheperd being eligible. South Carolina may have a bigger beef on this one than we do.
Geno specifically indicated that after discussions with both Z and Touly, he decided not to request waivers for either player,

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I hate that you think it was the NCAA that dictated who the champion of WCBB was for the past two seasons.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I know the disappointment of the semifinal loss is still fresh. The vast majority of college players finish their career without every playing in a Championship game. Welcome to almost everyone else's life I guess? Is it sad for all those other players that don't get to play in a Championship game, or only when it happens to a UConn player?

Reaction Score
I know the disappointment of the semifinal loss is still fresh. The vast majority of college players finish their career without every playing in a Championship game. Welcome to almost everyone else's life I guess? Is it sad for all those other players that don't get to play in a Championship game, or only when it happens to a UConn player?
Only when it happens to a UConn player.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
But she did win a NC as a freshman. Very few players can say that they've won a NC, never mind saying they went to 3 straight final 4's and have 1 ring.

Reaction Score

False equivalents. Shephard didn’t play in 16-17 because of an injury; Stevens didn’t play because of transfer rules. To ask someone to sit out for two years is ridiculous; only a hopeless partisan would not agree.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
we're one of the favorites to win the title, so she'll have a chance

It won't be has hard as Diana's was in 2004 :)

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Of course, I am very hopeful that Lou gets to the championship game next year, although Z`s big news of the day has obviously made that road much tougher.

More than that, though, I hope she gets good medical advice, that whatever path is taken with regard to her ankle works, that she has a rewarding and injury free senior year, followed by a long and successful professional career.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Losing a few games in overtime comes pretty close!!
There close and close enough. These lofty (foolish??) prediction was made when KLS was a mere freshman.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
False equivalents. Shephard didn’t play in 16-17 because of an injury; Stevens didn’t play because of transfer rules. To ask someone to sit out for two years is ridiculous; only a hopeless partisan would not agree.

Shepard most certainly played a full season in 2016-17.

Reaction Score
Lou and Pheesa are going to be absolute monsters next season. If Crystal is healthy and Megan makes a leap, the Huskies should make it back to the Final Four. As for the making championship game, that will probably depend on what Lou and/or Pheesa do on April 5, 2019.

Reaction Score
Lou will need to live up to her promise on the court, in crunch time, in the FF, to realize such ambitions. She has shown herself to be a fabulous teammate and exquisite complementary player. Whether she can/will take the next step and be a leader in the (admittedly lofty) UCONN sense (Maya, D, Sue B et al.) remains to be seen. Two opportunities missed. One remains.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Then Lou has to show she really is the best, put her big girl pants on, do her best Diana impression, put the team on her back and make it happen. If she wants it bad enough sbe will have to make it happen and quite possibly get in Geno's face a little bit to find his courage to make tough decisions.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
If UConn had suffered a gutwrenching overtime loss in the championship game instead of the semifinal, would it be any less sad?

I don't think so. Misplaced sadness.

Reaction Score
It's been going on ever since spectator sports became popular.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Don't cry for her, Argentina.

Let the story play out first. Jeesh.

Reaction Score
sad when a great player is hurt in one championship game and misses two others via buzzer beater OT losses... that is much different from most other players who never come close...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom