Lou may never play in a championship game... very sad. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lou may never play in a championship game... very sad.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
sad when a great player is hurt in one championship game and misses two others via buzzer beater OT losses... that is much different from most other players who never come close...
And she was very close to playing against her sister in one of them.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
we're one of the favorites to win the title, so she'll have a chance

It won't be has hard as Diana's was in 2004 :)
Not to get too technical but UConn may be one of the contenders but there can only be one favorite.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lou and Pheesa are going to be absolute monsters next season. If Crystal is healthy and Megan makes a leap, the Huskies should make it back to the Final Four. As for the making championship game, that will probably depend on what Lou and/or Pheesa do on April 5, 2019.
I agree. I can see Lou, Pheesa, Crystal, and Megan attacking the basket with fluidity. Batouly has skills that can help around the post. I am keeping my hopes high!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I agree. I can see Lou, Pheesa, Crystal, and Megan attacking the basket with fluidity. Batouly has skills that can help around the post. I am keeping my hopes high!
I see Crystal, if healthy, being aggressive on dribble penetration. It will be the Attack of the Smurfs.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We just need one angry determined kid, who is wants the ball with the game on the line and who has the will to make the shot regardless of what is thrown at them. KLS on her bum ankle couldn't be that player this year. Next year? We'll see.

FWIW, Pheesa has become a quiet assassin this year. She'll only be better next year. Natties aren't easy but we'll have a shot at it.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t count us out. We’re almost guaranteed with the roster we have to make the Elite 8. After that, it’s about matchups & a little bit of luck. We need to find a way to win 3 games in a row. Everyone else feel better?? Haha I know I do.

Reaction Score
we're one of the favorites to win the title, so she'll have a chance

Surely this was before the news of Stevens leaving. There are way too many big IFs to consider us a NC title favorite for next year at this point.

Reaction Score
But they might have to do it without being a No. 1 seed next year. ND, Baylor, Oregon and others may have real shots at landing a No. 1 seed next year. No guarantee of remaining in the Albany region next either.

Reaction Score
That seems an unnecessary negative attitude to have. While it will be true that Uconn will no longer end up being the odds on favorite each pre season, other teams who were not favored early have ended up winning. Perhaps not being the favorite will have a positive effect on the team and will give them the killer instinct chip on the shoulder that many feel has been lacking the last few years.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
False equivalents. Shephard didn’t play in 16-17 because of an injury; Stevens didn’t play because of transfer rules. To ask someone to sit out for two years is ridiculous; only a hopeless partisan would not agree.

That was exactly the same as Te'a Cooper, but the NCAA didn't rule her eligible.

Reaction Score
We never know what could happen next season. Lou may get a chance to play in a Championship game and win the whole thing. I like our chances going forward.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I will not say Lou won't play in a Championship game.

Reaction Score
Lou will need to live up to her promise on the court, in crunch time, in the FF, to realize such ambitions. She has shown herself to be a fabulous teammate and exquisite complementary player. Whether she can/will take the next step and be a leader in the (admittedly lofty) UCONN sense (Maya, D, Sue B et al.) remains to be seen. Two opportunities missed. One remains.
Thanks so much for saying this so clearly and succinctly!
Much of this is in KLS' hands!
Show us what you're made of!
Bronx23

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44