Lou is a pro | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lou is a pro

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score

You may need to click your browser translate button. Great article.

"The coach does a good job by recruiting players who have a good personality, not selfish, who want everyone's good. There is this agreement that was made from the beginning and it really helped at the basketball level so that it goes well too."

"Of course I was asking myself questions, but from the beginning I told myself that no matter what role I had at UConn, I would accept it. Because just by being in this team, I was going to learn a lot."

"In fact, I immediately said to myself: that I play 10 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes, I will not change, I will improve, but be myself and do not try to be a player that I am not."

Reaction Score
I think she'll get drafted late in the 1st round. She is a natural shooter & scorer and can create her own shot off the dribble. She has just enough length. She has to bulk up a bit and get stronger with her upper body to really excel in the WNBA however.

Reaction Score
Lou is fabulous..no drama just does her best for the team. I was at the game yesterday the SC defender was all over her actually at times pulling her by her shirt! But somehow Lou was able to figure it out! She is impressive!
I thought that was what was happening but it was unclear on TV. That is despicable. Like a little kid caught with her fingers in the cookie jar, she stopped doing it to Lou after Geno's T because attention was drawn to it. It was a premeditated strategy and not basketball. Like Geno said in his presser, he didn't know what the game they were playing was, but it wasn't that.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Lou is a pleasure to watch. I also marvel at the fitness of this team. Four starters over 38 minutes only to come out due to 5 fouls.

Reaction Score
I was at the game yesterday and witnessed the manhandling Lou was getting from multiple defenders. Beside that, the defense was really close on her, and she just couldn't get open and when she did, they were rushed shots that didn't come close to going in. In the second half she was amazing, doing everything she could to score, and even though they weren't giving her the 3 point shot, she found a way with great ball handling and moves. When I watched the replay on TV, my opinion of her was just enhanced, being able to see her perform up close. This girl is a baller, and she absolutely will help a team in the WNBA. I'm glad Jen was in the house to witness her game, as the Connecticut Sun is looking for players with moxie that can hit the long-range shots. I am so proud that she is a Husky, and although she is just playing one year, she will be one of our players that will be revered after she graduates.
Without a doubt

Reaction Score
Is it possible that a fact finding board of Referees from a different conference be convened and look at the SC- Uconn game and assess the foul calling? I watched the game on You Tube where I had control of the video. In my estimation I counted 14 flagrant fouls that were committed by SC that weren't called which would have changed the game dramatically into a decisive win for Uconn. Again, is this possible? GO HUSKIES!!!!
No

freekimchee

food whisperer
Reaction Score
Sabrina showing support for LOU. Game recognizes game!!
FoT0AoPXEA8f6px.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I had mentioned this on the General board, but with this thread, it certainly bears mentioning here. It still remains to be seen how this will work, but it could be argued that she is a free agent in WNBA terms having gone undrafted in 2018 before she started at Fairfield. There are other talented foreign players who have started in college the year that they turned 20, but other than maybe Tiana Mangakahia after her 2019 season, there has not really been a player who would have clear interest from teams for a direct signing.

From her perspective, there would be pros and cons for either determination. As a free agent, she would be able to pick whichever team she wants and she would get to sign before the draft. If she has to go through the draft again, there is a more favorable initial contract with benefits to being drafted higher, even if there are longer term possible differences. It would be fun to see teams mob her right after the season to try to get their contract offer in front of her first.

Reaction Score
Coming to UCONN has been great for the Huskies and Lou. UCONN got a great player and professional attitude. Lou got seen for the talent she is. Hope to see her next year in the WNBA. First round...
Coming out of Fairfield as the conference player of the year, Lou might have been a third round pick or signed to a training camp contract. After what she’s done at UCONN, she’s mid-1st round to mid-2nd round. And climbing. Go Lou!

JBK

Reaction Score
Coming out of Fairfield as the conference player of the year, Lou might have been a third round pick or signed to a training camp contract. After what she’s done at UCONN, she’s mid-1st round to mid-2nd round. And climbing. Go Lou!
Just hope Dorka has a productive last 2 months at UCONN and improves her draft position.
She has worked very hard and has dropped to mid 2nd - mid 3rd . She did not have a great performance in the TN and SC games.
—-March will be super important for Her

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Will Lou get a framed jersey on Senior Night? Dorka already has one, and if Aubrey decides to come back, Lou will be the only participant leaving, although I would love to have Dorkas parents here to see her play for the last time at UConn. (Excluding tournament of course)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom