Lou is a pro | The Boneyard

Lou is a pro

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I was at the game yesterday and witnessed the manhandling Lou was getting from multiple defenders. Beside that, the defense was really close on her, and she just couldn't get open and when she did, they were rushed shots that didn't come close to going in. In the second half she was amazing, doing everything she could to score, and even though they weren't giving her the 3 point shot, she found a way with great ball handling and moves. When I watched the replay on TV, my opinion of her was just enhanced, being able to see her perform up close. This girl is a baller, and she absolutely will help a team in the WNBA. I'm glad Jen was in the house to witness her game, as the Connecticut Sun is looking for players with moxie that can hit the long-range shots. I am so proud that she is a Husky, and although she is just playing one year, she will be one of our players that will be revered after she graduates.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
FWIW, in the postgame presser, Geno said the physical play and no-calls pissed Lou off and fed into her aggression.

7A5EEE9E-A5B2-48C5-898F-48DC626DA9F1.jpeg

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
It is somewhat like how the other Lou, Katie Lou, was handled - especially against UCF.

Except a big difference is that in the span of a few years it seems like more and more teams are adopting the UCF model. The game has gotten more physical and that is unfortunate. I hope that steps are taken - by the NCAA, referees, anybody - to address this.

I agree - Lou is a pro. She does not shrink when the lights shine bright. Hard to imagine anyone making more of an impact in one season than she has. We would be lost without her.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
The three phases of Lou:
1 - Lou makes a huge splash at the beginning of the season, is a impressive surprise contributor.
2 - Opposing coaches develop "schemes" to counter Lou's strengths. She's getting bounced around a "bit"
3 - Lou (and coaches) figure out how to counter the schemes.

Reaction Score
For the first time, I witnessed overt foul committed against the UConn players some of which were not called. Speaking of Lou, whomever was guarding her, was literally grabbing Lou's T-Shirt and pulling her back while she was trying to cut with the ball to get into a shooting position. This occurred on multiple occassions which even gave issue that my wife commented on this. It might have been a different game if these fouls were called. Be that as it may, this issue is concluded as the game is over so it is incumbent upon the Team to push forward win the conference and win the Big East Tournament and move on to the Big One.

Reaction Score
Lou is fabulous..no drama just does her best for the team. I was at the game yesterday the SC defender was all over her actually at times pulling her by her shirt! But somehow Lou was able to figure it out! She is impressive!

Reaction Score
For the first time, I witnessed overt foul committed against the UConn players some of which were not called. Speaking of Lou, whomever was guarding her, was literally grabbing Lou's T-Shirt and pulling her back while she was trying to cut with the ball to get into a shooting position. This occurred on multiple occassions which even gave issue that my wife commented on this. It might have been a different game if these fouls were called. Be that as it may, this issue is concluded as the game is over so it is incumbent upon the Team to push forward win the conference and win the Big East Tournament and move on to the Big One.
Countless times I was yelling at the tv screen; "That's a foul!!" Refs say; "nothing to see here."

Reaction Score
So called "freedom of movement" is perhaps the most under called violation in the game. How is it that moving picks /screens (also a violation) are so often called (even when subtle) and freedom of movement violations are rarely called

Reaction Score
It’s easy. They weren’t watching Lou while she was trying to shake free. Only when she received the ball and tried to make move on Cooke while bumping her to the floor that they decided to call a foul. Ohh, but looky looky, let’s go to the monitor to make sure that Lou made a basketball move.

Head bang

Reaction Score
Is it possible that a fact finding board of Referees from a different conference be convened and look at the SC- Uconn game and assess the foul calling? I watched the game on You Tube where I had control of the video. In my estimation I counted 14 flagrant fouls that were committed by SC that weren't called which would have changed the game dramatically into a decisive win for Uconn. Again, is this possible? GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
Is it possible that a fact finding board of Referees from a different conference be convened and look at the SC- Uconn game and assess the foul calling? I watched the game on You Tube where I had control of the video. In my estimation I counted 14 flagrant fouls that were committed by SC that weren't called which would have changed the game dramatically into a decisive win for Uconn. Again, is this possible? GO HUSKIES!!!!
Did you count any against UConn?

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
Lou had two Jukes, fake-outs, ankle-breakers, or okie-doke's (pick your favorite) driving to the basket yesterday and they were beautiful. Until last night, I never knew she was that good one-on-one. Wow!

The first fake-out is on Twitter, I can't find the second one. She setup both moves perfectly. The first one was an and-one.

Reaction Score
The three phases of Lou:
1 - Lou makes a huge splash at the beginning of the season, is a impressive surprise contributor.
2 - Opposing coaches develop "schemes" to counter Lou's strengths. She's getting bounced around a "bit"
3 - Lou (and coaches) figure out how to counter the schemes.
Good progression of events, however, on your third step, it's difficult to scheme and counter things that are outside of legal play, such as grabbing Lou's jersey, giving arm bars and pushing Lou into screeners. Although the term, "letting them play" often is used by analysts, I don't understand how these illegal tactics are allowed, and/or considered a style of play. And these incidents occurred the entire game. Grab, grab, grab...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom