Lou interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
79611C8F-3904-4836-9199-58AA2B77F266.jpeg

Reaction Score
Lou got that million-dollar smile. I just hope that she can get minutes while playing for the Wings.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Lou is a true and compassionate people person. Even though this is her first year with the wings, she is probably better equipped to go out into the community and represent the Wings and the WNBA than anyone else in the wings organization. Especially being that she has the time since she's not going on road trips with the team yet.

She's certainly more recognizable than any one in the front office. She's trilingual, and loves people, and seriously wants to go out into the community to meet and greet people, especially young up and coming youth basketball players that aspire to walk in her shoes one day. Lou has that air about her. Most people that she will meet and interact with will become a fan of hers for life.

Just think, two years ago she was an unknow kid from Fairfield University wondering what was her next move in life.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Given that her injury was more serious (or at least more time consuming) than first expected, I’m really glad that the Wings have kept Lou on the roster and seem committed to her being part of the organization. I hope that she will have the opportunity to play this season and will get to show that her game is WNBA ready. She has the skills to contribute and I really hope she gets the chance to show it. Best of luck, Lou!

Reaction Score
I can't help wondering why she was allowed to play through injury at UCONN unless she exacerbated a previous injury or incurred a new one in her last game? Say what you will about the Wings (many BY'ers were disappointed they selected Lou) , who by the way are playing very good basketball of late, they seem committed to protecting her until she completely heals.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I can't help wondering why she was allowed to play through injury at UCONN unless she exacerbated a previous injury or incurred a new one in her last game? Say what you will about the Wings (many BY'ers were disappointed they selected Lou) , who by the way are playing very good basketball of late, they seem committed to protecting her until she completely heals.

Lou either incurred a new injury or exacerbated an old one during the Ohio State game. She knew the game was very important and came back to play through it. She was probably our best performer that day, despite the injury.

Reaction Score
Lou is a true and compassionate people person. Even though this is her first year with the wings, she is probably better equipped to go out into the community and represent the Wings and the WNBA than anyone else in the wings organization. Especially being that she has the time since she's not going on road trips with the team yet.

She's certainly more recognizable than any one in the front office. She's trilingual, and loves people, and seriously wants to go out into the community to meet and greet people, especially young up and coming youth basketball players that aspire to walk in her shoes one day. Lou has that air about her. Most people that she will meet and interact with will become a fan of hers for life.

Just think, two years ago she was an unknow kid from Fairfield University wondering what was her next move in life.
She was by far my favorite player last season, and I finally got to see her in person at the Dallas vs. LA game Saturday. She signed my shirt, and she seemed just as cool as on TV. I can't wait to see her actually play in person one day.

Reaction Score
This picture brought a smile to my face. I couldn’t help but think how Lou put her heart and soul into playing for UConn for the one year of her eligibility. Especially the Ohio State game when she tried to put the team on her back to make a comeback (with an injury no less) and the post game interview where she was in tears for not being able to pull off the win. She will always be a special UConn player in my eyes!

Carnac

Reaction Score
She was by far my favorite player last season, and I finally got to see her in person at the Dallas vs. LA game Saturday. She signed my shirt, and she seemed just as cool as on TV. I can't wait to see She actually plays in person one day.
Wow!!! How lucky are you? To meet your favorite player and get their autograph? It’s a good bet you will get to see her play in person for the Wings for years to come. The Wings obviously see the value and potential in her. They’re probably going to hold on to her for a while.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I’ve noticed that too. Siegrist can score. She led the Big East in scoring last year, but can’t get off the bench for the Wings. Siegrist can’t be ok with that. She’s used to playing. No doubt she could get more minutes with another team.

Latricia Trammell is the Wing's new first-year head coach. She’s trying to win as many games as she can to keep her job. She’s playing the players that she feels will give her the best chance to do that.

I hear where you’re coming from, but Trammell is trying to win games, not affection from her players. In contrast, the Seattle Storm is currently 4-18. This will probably be head coach Noelle Quinn’s last year there. She’s not winning, nor are the players responding to her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer