Lou: If she plays like she did today which one of the pre-season best 5 will she knock out for first team All-American? | The Boneyard

Lou: If she plays like she did today which one of the pre-season best 5 will she knock out for first team All-American?

Reaction Score
If she plays like she did today which one of the pre-season best 5 will she knock out for first team All-American? Of course she won't have the same time and space against the top opponents and we don't know about her defense against the top players she'll face. She can shoot from outside, closer to the basket, she drives and puts it up with either hand, she can pass the ball, and she can grab a few rebounds.

Convince me Clark is better.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
If she plays like she did today which one of the pre-season best 5 will she knock out for first team All-American? Of course she won't have the same time and space against the top opponents and we don't know about her defense against the top players she'll face. She can shoot from outside, closer to the basket, she drives and puts it up with either hand, she can pass the ball, and she can grab a few rebounds.

Drawing grand conclusions about who's an All American on the basis of one exhibition game against a non-D1 team is precipitous at best.

JBK

Reaction Score
The cart's here and the horse will be in about the 15th post of the thread.

She looked great today, but there's a long way to go and a lot of opponents to prove herself against.
Agreed
I like that Geno has stated that Lou has been consistent every day in practice. She may have been playing against the starters in practice and seems to be competing at a high level.
With Azzi - Caroline and Lou - we could have the best shooting team in the country.

Reaction Score

Clark is so much better that there can’t even be a rational discussion.

Reaction Score
She got UCONN started in the first half and the rest followed. I believe we are going to hear "Lou,Lou, Lou" again at home and it will be welcomed. This game was just a prelude of what can be in our future games. She showed confidence in her drives to the basket and poise in her 3-point shots. Agood start in her first game at UCONN. I see great things in her future and am glad she is here.GO HUSKIES!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Let’s wait and assess her play over the next 5 games after they return from their 2 game Phil Knight showcase in Oregon. We’ll have a better sample size. It sure looked to me like we’ve got something in Lou. No doubt Lou feels better about her ability to play with this team.

I look at it differently. Lou played as well against Kutztown as any of our other “proven” veteran players. I think she started in place of Ducharme who did not dress today, but should play and start Thursday against Northeastern. I’m guessing Lou will be the first one off the bench.

Reaction Score
As the season progresses, what will be critical in close games will be who is on the floor to close the game, not who starts the game. I fully expect Lou to be one of the closers!

Clark has proven her worth on the big stage. Lou has not done that yet.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like to do very stancy topics but this one is too soon friend. She played great but All Americans are judged by who plays great in the greatest moments against the greatest teams.

Comparing her to Caitlin Clark in unfair. Clark is controversial but she's an elite, proven D1 scorer, passer, playmaker and leader. Lou Senechal made a big splash in her debut but sorry she's not there yet.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Forget the Caitlin Clark comparison. How many of you think that Lou will be more offensively productive this year than either Evina or Christyn were last year? I believe there is at least a 50% chance that she will.

If she does, then I think she can realistically be a late 1st-round or early 2nd-round draft choice in the WNBA draft this spring.

Reaction Score
For those of you who responded contrarily please take note of the embolden text from my OP.

Reaction Score

No comparison on the range of the 3s.

Reaction Score
I for one am extremely happy we have Lou on our team. I think she loves being here and her teammates and coaches love having her. She is definitely a gamer and I feel pretty confident she will be a valuable member of this year's squad. What her ceiling will be is yet to be determined but there is no question she is going to be an impactful player this year. I'll be rooting for her to show everybody that she can play with anybody and excel. Got your back Lou!

Reaction Score
Let’s wait and assess her play over the next 5 games after they return from their 2 game Phil Knight showcase in Oregon. We’ll have a better sample size. It sure looked to me like we’ve got something in Lou. No doubt Lou feels better about her ability to play with this team.

I look at it differently. Lou played as well against Kutztown as any of our other “proven” veteran players. I think she started in place of Ducharme who did not dress today, but should play and start Thursday against Northeastern. I’m guessing Lou will be the first one off the bench.
Over all the years I've watched basketball I've rarely made such an early assessment. I watched a player today who was far more than just someone who started because Caroline couldn't. I may be wrong but you don't always need a large sample.

How many times do you think Geno had to see Paige play before he knew she had the goods? (No, I'm not comparing Lou to Paige so please don't go there.)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It is a huge disservice to start comparing her to one of the best 5 players in the country - someone who is on the short list for NPOY. Clark has proven herself day in and day out, game after game, against poor, average, and excellent competition. Lou had a very good game last year against Texas, had a solid game today, shot barely adequate from the 3 (against a D2 team), and wasn't even the 3rd best player on the floor. IMHO Azzi, Dorka, Nika in that order. Just my $.02.

If you want to compare Lou to anyone, how about all the transfers this season? I bet she's easily top 10, and could be one of the top 5 transfers. I hope both she and Dorka play themselves solidly into 1st round draft picks for the W.

UCONN faces a gauntlet of challengers right out the gate so we will get a good feel for Lou right away. I hope she's has good as Geno has told us she is.

Oracle9

No time for fake ones
Reaction Score
I don't think it's a reach to think Lou will be a gamer against tough teams. I watched the game she played against Texas in the tournament, she was active and a tough competitor-she got wacked in the face and came back with stitches and played hard-didn't shy away from contact.

Reaction Score
Fan enthusiasm comes with the satisfaction of anticipated results. Lou was the MVP of her league and her performance did not disappoint. She is the real deal and from day one, Auriemma has been effusive about her talent. Don't be so sure that Ducharme will start anytime soon, the coach is partial to steady and mature. As for the rest of the team, Griffin and Patterson were exactly the players I have been posting about for months, but until this team plays against real competition ,and I'm not referring to the Big East, no one and that includes the coaches can assess how much this team can achieve.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom