Lou and Pheesa | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lou and Pheesa

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
You may want to rethink that. It's well known that those two have a huge respect and affection for CD and Geno and those quotes they attribute to their cookie charicatures are accurate and they've heard worse. Coaches, players and the entire team organization live in a pressure cooker. Some laughter and ribbing, both ways, is a healthy coping mechanism.
Good points. And let us remember Kaleena saying the same things about CD three or four years ago (on one of those documentaries, maybe?).

Reaction Score
And a tip on board features (unless it's been disabled). If you want to get the attention of a poster, using an "at" symbol @ in front of the screename helps call attention to the message sooner because it generates an alert to the member. e.g. @JavaMan should generate an alert to you,,,
Correct you are! However, there can be a subtle but discernible difference, to me anyway, between using Biff and @Biff in a post. I intentionally choose the former so as to connote a public (forum wide, that is) shout out and recognition of your graphic manipulation skills while also proposing a "potential" canvas for you to once again delight the rest of us with your digital artistic acumen.

Now, had I chosen to use @Biff instead (which I did momentarily consider) it may have been perceived more as an "expectation" and/or a targeted call-out for you to act. Further, the inclusion of the "@" would have informed all readers that you "had been served" with this expectation. This is not what I wanted to imply.

A subtle difference? Perhaps. Just a nuance? Maybe. When our primary means of communication is the written word though, the "nuance" (when used constructively) can provide intrigue and delight. :)

And of course, as is usually the case, your "piece" is wonderfully done, very entertaining, and broadly appreciated. Thank you!

Now, whom can we strong-arm into delivering said "piece" to Geno, Stewie, and Lou? :cool: :D :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Loved it. Reminded me of Steph Dolson, though Steph was more madcap. Some UConn WBB players are dead serious sorts, some aren't. I appreciate both types.

And I would bet the house Chris and Geno howled.

I've seen Pheesa and KLS demonstrate a wry side on several occasions. I hope they keep it up in the short time we have left to enjoy them.

Reaction Score
Even on Christmas eve Lou gets in a workout. Picture is at Vanguard University, home of the Lions and Cal Swish. Her dad is getting the rebounds. Note: Pony Tail, no bun

Most photos or videos of Lou at practice are with pony tail vice bun. Doesn't matter!!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Lou has always been a little irreverent. I recall a game when Geno was about to achieve some milestone. Late in the game, with the outcome of the game long settled, Lou turned to Geno and said, “You suck.” Geno burst into laughter.

I think Lou has now turned Pheesa to the Dark Side as well.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Correct you are! However, there can be a subtle but discernible difference, to me anyway, between using Biff and @Biff in a post. I intentionally choose the former so as to connote a public (forum wide, that is) shout out and recognition of your graphic manipulation skills while also proposing a "potential" canvas for you to once again delight the rest of us with your digital artistic acumen.

Now, had I chosen to use @Biff instead (which I did momentarily consider) it may have been perceived more as an "expectation" and/or a targeted call-out for you to act. Further, the inclusion of the "@" would have informed all readers that you "had been served" with this expectation. This is not what I wanted to imply.

A subtle difference? Perhaps. Just a nuance? Maybe. When our primary means of communication is the written word though, the "nuance" (when used constructively) can provide intrigue and delight. :)

And of course, as is usually the case, your "piece" is wonderfully done, very entertaining, and broadly appreciated. Thank you!

Now, whom can we strong-arm into delivering said "piece" to Geno, Stewie, and Lou? :cool: :D :rolleyes:
Ah. Well I agree completely with your interpretation and appreciate your chosen path! :)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Lou has always been a little irreverent. I recall a game when Geno was about to achieve some milestone. Late in the game, with the outcome of the game long settled, Lou turned to Geno and said, “You suck.” Geno burst into laughter.

I think Lou has now turned Pheesa to the Dark Side as well.
That was at the Bridgeport regional finals 2 years ago against Oregon when near the end of the game Geno had said that UConn was going to the Final Four for the 10 consecutive year and Lou looked at him and said, "You Suck". Geno laughed and told that to Holly Rowe at the end of the game on court interview.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Even on Christmas eve Lou gets in a workout. Picture is at Vanguard University, home of the Lions and Cal Swish. Her dad is getting the rebounds. Note: Pony Tail, no bun

Sweats vs. uniform ie. ponytail vs. bun...ponytail not game worthy! Plus it makes her look taller...;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I have to say, I never quite understood the popularity of the bun from the players perspective. It seems it should be pretty annoying having to adjust and fix several times in a game. The ponytail seems so much more user friendly. :confused:

Conjectures?

Makes the player look older / more mature
Makes the player look taller
Nice to have something to fidget with to keep hands busy and minimize nerves.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I have to say, I never quite understood the popularity of the bun from the players perspective. It seems it should be pretty annoying having to adjust and fix several times in a game. The ponytail seems so much more user friendly. :confused:

Conjectures?

Makes the player look older / more mature
Makes the player look taller
Nice to have something to fidget with to keep hands busy and minimize nerves.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

The pony tail has the disadvantage of tempting Arike to pull it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom