Lost Opportunity | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lost Opportunity

Reaction Score
You really think Edsall has an agenda against your boy? I promise you he doesn't. I'd be willing to bet the house he came in no better than third in the practice evaluation and is getting treated accordingly. If friends posting decided the competition Steven Krajewski would be a landslide winner.

Let it go. there is not a fanbase in the country that doesn't think the backup QB is the best QB. It has been going on for decades and will continue for more to come.

Reaction Score
Everyone on this board has an opinion and I respect that. There’s something amazing called the internet. All I did was look up all the QB’s and Steven Krajewski by far has the best “resume” out of everyone. If you Google him you will find Steven Krajewski was coached by some of the top QB coaches in Michigan and Georgia. My research showed that Steven Krajewski was highly touted coming out of high school, had numerous offers (including 1P5), was Edsall’s #1 recruit (and the only QB he wanted). Whatever the reason he is being held back I can guarantee you it’s not due to lack of talent.

While participating in 7on 7 tournaments he was coached by Cam Newton while on his Blue Team and Justin Fields was on his Black team. Also, he was coached and trained by Mill Coleman (Michigan State and Chicago Bears QB). He also received several accolades and awards at camps and combines including The Opening, Under Armour and Rivals

There are also numerous videos and articles written about him. He was also being looked at and invited to Florida State, Auburn and Alabama. Even though he wasn’t good enough to make the cut there I’m sure he should be good enough to make the cut here. He was also ranked as one of the top QB’s in Michigan AND Georgia.

All I’m saying is that the cupboard is not dry and there is a QB on the roster that has been coached up and has all the tools to perform well at this level. Based on the first three games I will disagree that he was evaluated as the third best QB. Even Randy said Steven Krajewski made his decision tough and he felt confident in him if he needed to go into the game. He then said he went with his gut feeling and changed his mind at the last second. I’m hoping Steven Krajewski gets a chance to get into a game and show us what he can do and not just garbage time to hand the ball off. Good luck to the boys this Saturday.
Reminds me of Dwayne Difton. Coached by Chris Carter! How did he work out?

Reaction Score
In fairness, we know nothing about Steven Krajewski as we have barely seen him play. Having said that, he could not beat out a QB who could not throw (last year), one who had only played D2 and one who never played a game on US soil before. He may be held back - but at some point you have to ask if he is holding himself back. While you get the sense we are developing depth at the position, this is not a team (last year or this year) where the QB cream had/has far to rise to the top

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Randy has always had a chip on his shoulder about recruiting hotbeds, leading him to try and prove a point by going hard after Canadians and "diamonds in the rough", which, while occasionally succesful, fails 85% of the time. Everyone just chooses to remember the 15%.

Reaction Score
I live in Ga now too and have for some time and I see the difference in the game from the north these boys in the south are the real deal!!! Big fast and strong!!! The highest classification put more D1 kids in college than anywhere and practice like college !!! Most get missed because there’s so many. 3 stars in Ga are 4-5 stars in other places guaranteed !!!

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 12.52.02 PM.png

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
That might explain why some of the players from, Texas and Georgia, have been sidelined. And the three Georgia boys were recruited by Lashlee
So your position is that Randy does not want to play the best players, does not want to give himself the best chance to win and keep his job... because he’s biased against GA and TX?

Reaction Score
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder guys. Lashlee may well have recruited guys with skill sets and abilities that he considered most important while Randy or someone else may have valued other skills or abilities more highly.

In the deep dark distant past, I have had highly knowledgeable people come up to me and ask, why the heck isn't your son playing more? (I was wondering the same thing as I played that particular sport all my life, coached a lot, and know a bit.) He is head and shoulders above this other guy, has a great attitude, and is the hardest worker. I just shrug my shoulders. He's not there to go pro, he is there to get a great degree. A little adversity isn't gonna kill him although it is frustrating as hell. But the point remains, some coaches see things differently. That is what the transfer portal is for once a player discovers how he or she is badly undervalued. If the sport is that important to the SA, he or she should just go somewhere else for a better fit.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
zls44 said that but if it looks like s duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....it’s probably a duck.
Randy, who many here accuse is trying to ride the gravy train to retirement... wants to give it all up and get fired because he doesn’t want to play the best players if they are from GA and TX.

This place is impossibly dumb.

Reaction Score
Good pickup! Not only did I flip but I flopped. Letting my angst and frustration get the best of me. Live in Ga now. Have tickets for the Navy game in November. I’ll be there and and yes I still bleed blue.

That's a classy post. I think it's the first time someone on this board ever admitted that their emotions influenced their post.

Reaction Score
Randy has always had a chip on his shoulder about recruiting hotbeds, leading him to try and prove a point by going hard after Canadians and "diamonds in the rough", which, while occasionally succesful, fails 85% of the time. Everyone just chooses to remember the 15%.

I'm not often left speechless, but this post..........holy !!!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

What you don't look forward to regurgitating the same list of the 10 guys that who were 2* star recruits with no other offers? As if that somehow proves a point other than a reason we've finished above .500 in conference play like twice in 20 seasons.

Reaction Score
you are stupid and should delete your account. What kind of ridiculous take is this? Edsall is weird but not this weird.
UConn under Edsall has a history of recruiting and getting guys from Ga.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The Steven Krajewski screen pass he threw about 90 mph to a guy 5 yards had Tim Boyle written all over it.

Reaction Score
you are stupid and should delete your account. What kind of ridiculous take is this? Edsall is weird but not this weird.
Again, that’s not MY take. I was just responding to another post. Read all the threads before you start calling people stupid and telling them to delete their accounts. At least we can agree that Edsall is weird! lol

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Steven Krajewski screen pass he threw about 90 mph to a guy 5 yards had Tim Boyle written all over it.
I’ll say the pass was a little high but if he can throw a football 90 mph than he’s in the wrong sport.

Reaction Score
Good pickup! Not only did I flip but I flopped. Letting my angst and frustration get the best of me. Live in Ga now. Have tickets for the Navy game in November. I’ll be there and and yes I still bleed blue.
Just as long as it is not Navy blue ....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom