Los Angeles Boneyarders | The Boneyard

Los Angeles Boneyarders

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I was talking to another local to LA boneyarder and came up with the idea that we should organize a time/place to get together and watch a UConn game with fellow fans. I know all too well how hard it is to find other folks out here and how LA isn't really that interested in college bball in general.

So I'm thinking Pasadena or South Pasadena would be a good place to get together. We could get people from the Inland Empire, Santa Clarita, and Orange county all able to get there in an hour or so.

As for a game, it seems the best would be the game at Tennesee on Jan 21 (Sat) @ 1pm our time. I'm thinking well after the holidays and obviously a weekend.

The only other games that seems to work in terms of not being before 10am our time are Rutgers (uhg) @ 5pm on Jan 7th and Syracuse at 6pm our time Feb 25th.

If people are interested I can find a place and call ahead to make sure they will show the game.

If you are interested, please either respond here or send me a message. If there are other dates you think might be better, let me know.

Reaction Score
I'm a brand new LA'er and would love to, but I have to work on Saturday nights. If we picked a Sunday game, I'd be wide open - although it would conflict with the NFL at most sports bars, and you know how much L.A. fans love to watch their hometown team.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I'm a brand new LA'er and would love to, but I have to work on Saturday nights. If we picked a Sunday game, I'd be wide open - although it would conflict with the NFL at most sports bars, and you know how much L.A. fans love to watch their hometown team.
The game I picked is at 1pm LA time. You would be good to go by 3:30 or 4:00. What time do you work?

The only Sunday games are Holy Cross at 10am and ND at 9am. Dont think we could get many for those times.

Reaction Score
Hey guys. I actually run the LA Alumni Group out here and we usually meet up on the Westside at SOUTH on Wilshire. One of the owners is a UConn grad and we typically get food/drink specials as well. I know some of the guys on here have gone before. Totally down to get together soon though. - Tyler

Reaction Score
I just moved to San Diego in October and would be willing to make the drive up to L.A for a game.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Hey guys. I actually run the LA Alumni Group out here and we usually meet up on the Westside at SOUTH on Wilshire. One of the owners is a UConn grad and we typically get food/drink specials as well. I know some of the guys on here have gone before. Totally down to get together soon though. - Tyler

Sounds like Flux will capacitate this get-together!

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I briefly lived in SoCal when I first came to America and developed quite a taste for Randy's doughnuts and Jack In The Box in Inglewood.

Reaction Score
I'm in. I'm in Orange and I'll travel anywhere to cheer on UCONN with fellow Huskie fans. Just have to know time and place.

Reaction Score
Im pretty sure we are shooting to get together for the 12/3 game against Arkansas. We have tentatively planned to make it an official alumni event as well since its on a Saturday and the game starts at 12:30p Pacific and will be on ESPN.

The last football game of the season is at 9a Pacific that day too. I wouldnt mind getting to South early to watch that and just parlay it into bball at 12:30. The football game will be on either ESPN or ESPN2 as well. But i could see the "official" event taking place during the bball game.

South has fantastic food if you were wondering and is now sponsored by Vizio as the LA's first 3D sports bar. Every tv is brand new, 3D (when applicable haha), and there are plenty of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom