BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Great fight. I'd go draw or Lopez 115 113

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Wow those cards were wiiide.
No problem with Lopez getting the decision tho. Loma definitely didn't know what to do with him

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I don't understand those scores....

Reaction Score
Chin was right....Loma took way too long to size up Lopez. He got out pointed and gave away way too many rounds. Lopez proved he is more than just a power puncher going toe to toe with Loma for 12 rounds.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I knew Lopez was good but I underrated his boxing ability a little. Draw or Lopez 115-113.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Very good fight. Respect to both boxers. But the crappy scoring ( a 119-109 card) leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. Not the way to grow the sport

Reaction Score
Good fight. Loma looked off for the first 6 rounds. Maybe the long layoff coupled with a fear of Lopez`s power kept him from coming forward. Once he came forward he was taking it to Lopez and looked like we could see him stop Lopez but lopez was tough and skilled. I have no problem with the decision but the scorecards were a joke!

Reaction Score
Awful by Lomo, he looked like a dude who hadn't fought in 14 months. Don't take the fight if you're not going to throw punches for over half the fight. Fighters make fights and Lomo wants to be a professor/scientist until there's a few rounds left. Throw your hands...

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
I believe Lopez got in Loma’s head. Typically a cool customer, Loma was emotional at the weigh-in and uncharacteristically got in the face of Lopez with a smirk. Not that he fought overly emotional, but it’s hard to win when it takes six rounds to start making reads. Loma simply took too long to get going, and Lopez showed championship mettle in the 12th round. I had the bout 115 - 113 Lopez.

Reaction Score
Loma looked rusty and out of sorts. Lopez impressed me knew he was very good but thought he might be too young to deal with Loma. Think Loma underestimated him and then it took half the fight to find his rhythm.

absolutely no way you can score that fight 119-109 disgusting should be suspended or some action taken for that scoring. Loma unquestionably won 4 rounds. Thought it was a draw or slight Lopez victory

Reaction Score
I can see the range in scoring. Loma was so inactive for much of the fight. Loma won somewhere between 2 and 5 rounds. I’d say closer to 5, but I can see that some of the rounds that I’d give to Loma were very close.

Loma has a strategy to sacrifice early rounds and then come on strong late. It just didn’t work.

Reaction Score
11th - Loma
9th - toss up
8th and 10th close but lean Loma

Reaction Score
You can't reward a champion for doing what Loma did those first 6.
How many times did UConn put up a stinker in the 1st half to gut one out (2004 final four *cough cough*)

Not saying Loma won cause at best it was a draw but 2nd half of fight he started looking like himself and win in my opinion 5 of last 6 rounds

Reaction Score
How many times did UConn put up a stinker in the 1st half to gut one out (2004 final four *cough cough*)

Not saying Loma won cause at best it was a draw but 2nd half of fight he started looking like himself and win in my opinion 5 of last 6 rounds
It was possible to win with his strategy, but with the advantage of hindsight he needed to start pouring it on by the 4th at the latest.

Reaction Score
the fight was much, much closer than the judges had it. Loma gave away too many early rounds sizing Lopez up, and I can agree with the win for Lopez. I really wanted Loma to knock out the very cocky Lopez!

Reaction Score

There was no stinker - which game was our plan to not shoot or score during the first half and try to do all of the scoring in the second half?

It's an odd strategy because boxing is so crooked and the margin for error. Why not try to steal a few early rounds? This was a mega fight. Hopefully this starts a rebirth of some interesting fighters coming up. It's been stale.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I thought there were only two rounds that were toss ups 2 and 7...I leaned towards Loma in both but could definitely see somebody reasonably giving them to Lopez. Lopez won 1, 3-6, and 12 without question. Loma won 8-11 without question, I thought he had Lopez on the ropes in 11 for a little but give it to Lopez for not giving in.

Lopez game plan was perfect, and he really did everything he told everybody he would do going in to the fight, other than knock him out which I never thought was a possibility. He knew Loma was rusty coming off surgery and the long layoff so he pressured early and often to take rounds and prevent Loma from creating those angles he does so masterfully. Lopez really impressed me with his boxing ability. He has shown he is a great puncher and moves very well, but I did not realize he was that technical. His footwork and distance were top notch all fight. Amazing to do that against the likes of Loma who has put those technical clinics on every match since turning pro.

Lopez should move up weight class, he has nothing else to prove at 135 and at his age has the frame to ultimately be 140-147 comfortably for a long time. Loma should stay at lightweight, not sure he can move back down at his age and how many fights he has had.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I thought there were only two rounds that were toss ups 2 and 7...I leaned towards Loma in both but could definitely see somebody reasonably giving them to Lopez. Lopez won 1, 3-6, and 12 without question. Loma won 8-11 without question, I thought he had Lopez on the ropes in 11 for a little but give it to Lopez for not giving in.

Lopez game plan was perfect, and he really did everything he told everybody he would do going in to the fight, other than knock him out which I never thought was a possibility. He knew Loma was rusty coming off surgery and the long layoff so he pressured early and often to take rounds and prevent Loma from creating those angles he does so masterfully. Lopez really impressed me with his boxing ability. He has shown he is a great puncher and moves very well, but I did not realize he was that technical. His footwork and distance were top notch all fight. Amazing to do that against the likes of Loma who has put those technical clinics on every match since turning pro.

Lopez should move up weight class, he has nothing else to prove at 135 and at his age has the frame to ultimately be 140-147 comfortably for a long time. Loma should stay at lightweight, not sure he can move back down at his age and how many fights he has had.
Loma really hasn't looked like an all time great against 135ers (like he did at 130). I think he's a little small for the weight class. Especially the young guys who make 135 are not small guys and Loma is a small guy. After watching last night, I wouldn't like Loma in a rematch, even under the assumption he was rusty last night. There was a noticable size difference there. Lopez just looked too big and strong for Loma to do what he wanted.

Reaction Score
I believe Lopez got in Loma’s head. Typically a cool customer, Loma was emotional at the weigh-in and uncharacteristically got in the face of Lopez with a smirk. Not that he fought overly emotional, but it’s hard to win when it takes six rounds to start making reads. Loma simply took too long to get going, and Lopez showed championship mettle in the 12th round. I had the bout 115 - 113 Lopez.
my exact score.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom