Looks pretty gross | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Looks pretty gross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
C'mon this isn't a real good Syracuse team either everyone relax. You are overestimating what will happen next week, hard to read this stuff.

Should stay within 30 I think....:eek:

Reaction Score
I have 1 extra ticket at half court only 6 rows back from the court. $100 it's yours if you are still interested.

The mere thought of paying $100 to go watch UConn score 38 points against their zone is funny. And 38 might be a bit ambitious. Its December 1st and we have two D1 wins against mid majors by a combined 5 points. Just flat out awful.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Why are we going to this game @BUConn10? I'm seriously considering scalping the ticket at the game and paying to get home.

Reaction Score
they sure are patient on offense
I've never seen an offense wait until 10 seconds remain on the shot clock to even attempt to get the ball inside. It's so annoying. How do you expect to free up shooters with windshield wiper passes the whole game? They need to start working the ball inside-out, especially in games last night where Facey and Enoch were actually hitting shots.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
C'mon this isn't a real good Syracuse team either everyone relax. You are overestimating what will happen next week, hard to read this stuff.

Should stay within 30 I think....:eek:

Syracuse is not great yet at all. But not on our putrid level by a long shot. Theyre having a tough time playing the zone properly this early.

Trust me, we will make their zone look impenetrable. And they will press us too. Terrible matchup at the wrong time.

Wisconsin made them look bad because they were well coached against the zone flashing people to the foul line good interior passing and made 50 percent of threes.

We are doing none of those things. We just struggled to break 50 on the BU zone!

This is gonna be a bad. I can feel it.

Let's just pray I am as wrong about this as I was about purvis stepping up big this year.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Let's just pray I am as wrong about this as I was about purvis stepping up big this year.
I blame you and @Fishy being so bullish on Purvis for my irrational belief that it could come to fruition at some point for him.

I am no longer buying it.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I blame you and @Fishy being so bullish on Purvis for my irrational belief that it could come to fruition at some point for him.

I am no longer buying it.

Purvis having one of those games where he chucks up 4 threes in 2 minutes style is our only hope , we've seen it before he is the ultimate streakmeister but unfortunately it ain't February

Reaction Score
I'm trying to be a good fan and just watch the games and cheer the team on with no expectations and looking for improvement. But boy, this team is not too easy on the eyes. It's hard not to get frustrated watching them. Anyone have good advice on how to watch this year's team without ripping out your eyeballs?

I try to just watcht he replays. Watching us lose live or play like crap and barely win is just too much for my heart to handle. If we lose at least I dont have expectations when starting to watch the game and I can truly watch for what we are doing wrong or look for the good things.. Maybe i'm a bad fan, but i just cant watch this team struggle the way we have on live tv, hurts too much and affects my life more than it should.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Purvis having one of those games where he chucks up 4 threes in 2 minutes style is our only hope , we've seen it before he is the ultimate streakmeister but unfortunately it ain't February
I'm to the point where I'm thinking bad thoughts about him whenever I see him on the court. Not good. I don't want to be there, but I can't control it. I see his face running around out there and my blood pressure starts to rise.

Reaction Score
I was a Purvis supporter until last night. Will he ever snap out of whatever he's in? Killing us.

Reaction Score
I'm to the point where I'm thinking bad thoughts about him whenever I see him on the court. Not good. I don't want to be there, but I can't control it. I see his face running around out there and my blood pressure starts to rise.

How could Ollie think Purvis was a "Ferrari'? Maybe to build up his confidence? We all had way too high expectations for him and as a 5th year senior what we have seen is what we got.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I was a Purvis supporter until last night. Will he ever snap out of whatever he's in? Killing us.
In hindsight, he should've played football. He would've made a great running back except he'd step out of bounds on 4th down.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Relax guys. They got all the misses out of their system. Adams 3-15, Purvis 2-10 and Jackson 0-5. My prediction: all three of them will be over 50% on Monday. I won't say we win, but we will be in the game. UConn teams always play down and up to the level of competition.

Reaction Score
I think we will play competitively against Cuse, pride if no other reason. I didn't understand Jalen not taking open 3's because I think he can make them. He's trying to be a facilitator but throwing it into Brimah is a strip or a fumble. We have to play smarter and try to eliminate potential turnovers. KO has to see that. It also would be nice if Rodney didn't stand on the sideline to accept passes. How bout this: An electrically charged sideline with Rodney wearing a zapping collar, like my golden retriever used to wear? Couple of quick zaps used to work wonders.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I think this years fan mantra should be "booze and weed"-- that will help some of us anyway. Is Durham on a minutes restriction because of his knees? He played seven minutes last night and Rodney played 37. We need more JD and less RP. The game last night was so ugly and it's depressing to think that Ollie will try to play every game this year in the 50's to try and steal a few wins.

Reaction Score
I'm not really into the whole fan shaming thing, but it makes me sad to see how many of you have tapped out of the Syracuse game (yeah true I would probably do the same if I had better things to do).

I dunno. Syracuse. UConn. MSG. Just being there for the sheer spectacle of it - the ongoing competition between fan bases, the warm-ups, the intros, even the anthem... - is half the fun in my opinion. Maybe we get smoked, maybe not. You won't know until you go. I bet the folks on the Syracuse board are giving us a much better chance than we are after their last two games.

We're fans. I'm fine with defining the term as liberally as you'd like, as I pretty much do the same, but...this is kind of part of it. Sometimes you have bad teams and you go to the games anyway, not out of guilt but out of habit. Trust me those of you who gave up your tickets will be there by Monday, if for no other reason than there is no way you can post on the boneyard in July and then not go to the game you've looked forward to for months.

Reaction Score
How could Ollie think Purvis was a "Ferrari'? Maybe to build up his confidence? We all had way too high expectations for him and as a 5th year senior what we have seen is what we got.

Purvis is the athletic type I have seen often over the last 40 years. He can dominate a basketball game because of his athleticism and strength combination. Possessing modest touch and not a real high basketball IQ, that overwhelmed most everyone - even on the AAU circuit - for most of his first 18 years. He really was a beast. At the top D1 level of College, that is simply not enough. I can pull many examples; but, the first two I have in mind come from High School conference and those guys massively dominated - at that level. Purvis does have a fire (but he is probably frustrated). Clearly, he never had NBA in his future (to my view) and that has to be disappointing considering the notoriety of his HS recruitment. He can be a big plus for us this year. He can lead and hustle and fill a role. Do not think you will ever count on him to get 15 a game ... however this is an athlete that could hit a rhythm and you might see him go 4-8 games where he amazes you with shot and production.

Yes. I have said/typed this before.

Purvis? The most like Husky is probably Rashamel Jones.

Reaction Score
Relax guys. They got all the misses out of their system. Adams 3-15, Purvis 2-10 and Jackson 0-5. My prediction: all three of them will be over 50% on Monday. I won't say we win, but we will be in the game. UConn teams always play down and up to the level of competition.

Actually, that's dead wrong. In the years where we were always at least very good, we almost never played down to the level of competition. We just used to beat all the BUs and Wagners by 40 points a game.

Reaction Score
it's funny I was legitimately about to text my buddys "at least Purvis hasn't stepped out of bounds in a game or two" and then he did it. Later on I was thinking man its been awhile since we got an alley oop to brimah, and then that hilarious blooper happened

that being said, grow up people... We've lost a major contributor to injury before a big game against a ranked opponent and then miraculously came out on top. Be a fan!! Sure it looks grim, but if we aren't at least believing we can win games who the hell will?

Reaction Score
Actually, that's dead wrong. In the years where we were always at least very good, we almost never played down to the level of competition. We just used to beat all the BUs and Wagners by 40 points a game.

I fully disagree with this, in my memory we've always played down to competition, and these were the type of games where we'd be painfully close in the first half, and then pull away in the second to win by 10-20 when the other team either got tired out of the out of their mind way they were playing, finally started missing their shots as they normally do, or had too many fouls to play tight D anymore

Yes there were games we'd win by 30-40 here or there, but I can recall far too many drunken first halves thinking "why do we make every team look so good"

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Yeah, like the 2011 team beating UNH by single digits. Good luck finding many 40 point blowouts. Most of the cupcake games are in the teens, and many of those were closer than the score indicated. I am talking about recent teams. The 2003-04 team was a monster and clobbered everyone. The 2012-13 team struggled with Quinnipiac, UNH and Harvard. Pummeled Maryland Eastern Shore. It wasn't a great team but still managed wins against ranked teams (and a 2OT loss to #7 Georgetown).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom