Looks like Vital is all in | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Looks like Vital is all in

Reaction Score
I doubt it's just playing time that gets computed in a players mind. This was a horrible season and not fun for the players. If this team had a good year and made it to the tournament I believe the players who want to transfer would have stayed (even if they had less minutes this season) and MAL and maybe even Diallo would be in a UConn uniform next season.

It's a vicious cycle when things go wrong. Just look at the negativity expressed in this forum relative to two years ago when people were worried KO was going to coach the Lakers. No one likes to lose and when that happens the majority of people leave. Only the die hards ride out the bad times. We've seen this a few times now.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Reaction Score
No disrespect to Rodney, but I'm looking forward to seeing a Jalen-Vital starting backcourt. I think their games complement one another better, and there won't be any debating who the alpha is.

Gilbert is a complete X-factor, but if he's healthy, UConn could have its best backcourt by far since the 2013-14 season.

Reaction Score
So what do you bring to the table besides nothingsville?
Hey, I can easily report on stuff that's already happened too, but you have that well covered.

Reaction Score
Confirmed - He is back.

Rare picture of Chief composing one of insider posts...
IMG_0116.JPG

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
No disrespect to Rodney, but I'm looking forward to seeing a Jalen-Vital starting backcourt. I think their games complement one another better, and there won't be any debating who the alpha is.

Gilbert is a complete X-factor, but if he's healthy, UConn could have its best backcourt by far since the 2013-14 season.
That's not saying much.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I don't see it as a big epidemic of people leaving. The staff changes were the direct result of the on the court performance. Big men not developing? Look hard at the guy in charge of developing them. Exhausted players and frequent injuries? Maybe the strength and conditioning program isn't doing its job.
As far as the players -- I don't count those who've never even been a part of the program yet, and I don't think there's necessarily any group think going on.
MAL changed his mind. Glad he did it before he got here. Move on.
I had been prepared for Jackson's departure ever since his dad started mouthing off about him not being utilized properly back in December. I liked the kid as a player, but we don't need an authority figure from outside the program contradicting what the program is trying to do, in conflict with what the authority figures inside the program are trying to get into the kid's head. Just hope he leaves with his academics in good order.
Steve is the biggest surprise to me. I'm not sure what has gotten into his head. It's taken me a while to realize that holding out hope for a major improvement on his part was self defeating. We'd seen no improvement -- even regression in some ways -- over two seasons. Had to start wondering what made me think he might still improve enough this year to be a valuable contributor the next? Facey's senior season? Nah, we'd seen far more flashes from Facey in his first couple years than we've seen from Steve. It's a terrible way of looking at his departure, but we'll miss his five fouls.

Reaction Score
2nd year Vital > 1st year Mal.
Idk.......he has made incredible improvement each of the last three years........hopefully he can keep it up.......i'm expecting him to continue to add muscle this off season.....i like that he's learned to contain himself somewhat on the court.....he used to be pretty crazy on it and earned too much bench time because of it...ollie seems to be a good influence on him.

Reaction Score
Fleudslipcon,....I had not read your post until after I posted my thoughts on morale and negativity. So,.....it was an original post on my part. Just sayin.

Reaction Score
You don't understand what a Chief Confirm means. It's a higher standard than your speculation.
Now just for the record since December alone Diaco, Diallo, Travis I and G Miller I called long before the events happened. You sound pretty silly LOL.
Yeah, I'm the one that sounds silly when YOU are the one that comes on here and "confirms" it after the kid has already done so publicly. What's next Chief, are you gonna confirm for us that the Titanic has sank? We all eagerly await your breakdown on that one.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Fleudslipcon,....I had not read your post until after I posted my thoughts on morale and negativity. So,.....it was an original post on my part. Just sayin.
I think the better take is great minds think alike.

Reaction Score
Are you so sure about that
It's not an outlandish statement, but obviously isn't backed by anything. I'm not sure how he'll perform next year given that he wants to go to a school where he will play big minutes off the bat. Likely it will be somewhere where there aren't considerable pieces around him, and it's hard to tell a player's ability to make those around them better until they get to college

Reaction Score
Kind of weird and off topic, but Vital, Jalen, Vance Jackson, and Christian Foxen were all playing against students in the UConn rec center today.

C

Chief00

Yeah, I'm the one that sounds silly when YOU are the one that comes on here and "confirms" it after the kid has already done so publicly. What's next Chief, are you gonna confirm for us that the Titanic has sank? We all eagerly await your breakdown on that one.
Reading and occasionally responding to your meaningless posts are not a good use of Chief's time - you are the first poster Chief has put on Ignored. Congratulations!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Idk..he has made incredible improvement each of the last three years...hopefully he can keep it up..i'm expecting him to continue to add muscle this off season.....i like that he's learned to contain himself somewhat on the court.....he used to be pretty crazy on it and earned too much bench time because of it...ollie seems to be a good influence on him.
I think that is because he is coach able and also the NYC toughness.

Reaction Score
Reading and occasionally responding to your meaningless posts are not a good use of Chief's time - you are the first poster Chief has put on Ignored. Congratulations!
Chief can't handle the truth

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Chief can't handle the truth
Currently you are a "poor man's" version of @BigErnMcCracken. This statement is probably an insult to the expression "poor man".

As you might know BigErn is a legend with what happened at MSG. And you might know, that like you, he has made it a point to follow chief and zing him every time he felt chief was OTT. But he upped his game and became clever with his zings such that the forum looked forward to chief posting and Big responding. He also learned to not continue pushing chief to stop. The result is most people, including the two antagonists, appreciated the interaction.

We strongly believe that like UConn players posters in the Boneyard should improve their game. Hopefully you can master this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom