Looks like Vital is all in | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Looks like Vital is all in

Reaction Score
How serious is Gilbert's injury? What exactly is it? I don't think it's an ACL.
He tore his shoulder labrum in the McDonald's AA game last year, had surgery, then came to UConn, hurt it again, and had surgery again. I know people who this sort of thing became chronic and ruined their athletic career and then there's people like Kris Dunn who shut it down properly for a long time and came back better than ever. Shoulder injuries are some of the hardest to call

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Guard: Adams, Vital, Gilbert
Forward: Larrier, Diarra, Foxen, (Polley)
Center: Durham (Cobb) (Carlton)

We need a serviceable body at guard to hedge against injury and give 5-10 minutes a game
Same at forward if Durham is the best option at center.
We are empty at center, this should be priority as you can't expect a ton from Cobb and Carlton.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Kind of weird and off topic, but Vital, Jalen, Vance Jackson, and Christian Foxen were all playing against students in the UConn rec center today.
Nice of Vance to stick around for the APR at least.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Kind of weird and off topic, but Vital, Jalen, Vance Jackson, and Christian Foxen were all playing against students in the UConn rec center today.
That's a good thing. Reduces the theory that kids had chemistry issues with one another. Now if some fans could be as gracious......:(

ctchamps

Reaction Score
No disrespect to Rodney, but I'm looking forward to seeing a Jalen-Vital starting backcourt. I think their games complement one another better, and there won't be any debating who the alpha is.

Gilbert is a complete X-factor, but if he's healthy, UConn could have its best backcourt by far since the 2013-14 season.
Interestingly I always felt Rodney deferred to Jalen and had no problem letting him be the alpha. That's rare between seniors and sophomores.

I'm excited with Christian and Jalen on the floor together because by the end of the season Christian had demonstrated he can be a playmaker with the ball in his hands. If Alterique comes back strong we have a good nucleus of guards and hopefully Gilbert can integrate quickly with the other two.

Reaction Score
Currently you are a "poor man's" version of @BigErnMcCracken. This statement is probably an insult to the expression "poor man".

As you might know BigErn is a legend with what happened at MSG. And you might know, that like you, he has made it a point to follow chief and zing him every time he felt chief was OTT. But he upped his game and became clever with his zings such that the forum looked forward to chief posting and Big responding. He also learned to not continue pushing chief to stop. The result is most people, including the two antagonists, appreciated the interaction.

We strongly believe that like UConn players posters in the Boneyard should improve their game. Hopefully you can master this.
Who the hell are you? The guy is insufferable and constantly spouts BS. I didn't say a damn word to you, so STFU. I guess one thing that Chief didn't lie about is he really does have bitches.....and you are clearly one of them.

Reaction Score
Chief is harmless, kind of like the class clown, every board has one.

Reaction Score

That would be a heck of a rec team.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score

Did they get down by 12 early and have to claw their way back to tie it late in the 2nd?

Ohhhhhhhhh

Reaction Score
Agreed. Steve was one I hoped stayed. Sounds like if MAL came maybe CV would have transferred or such. Would prefer MAL, but so be it

Vance would have had to play the 4 and didn't want to. He has zero skills to play the 3 at a high level, but he'll have to figure that out on his own. He's a classic tweener.

I don't see it as a big epidemic of people leaving. The staff changes were the direct result of the on the court performance. Big men not developing? Look hard at the guy in charge of developing them. Exhausted players and frequent injuries? Maybe the strength and conditioning program isn't doing its job.
As far as the players -- I don't count those who've never even been a part of the program yet, and I don't think there's necessarily any group think going on.
MAL changed his mind. Glad he did it before he got here. Move on.
I had been prepared for Jackson's departure ever since his dad started mouthing off about him not being utilized properly back in December. I liked the kid as a player, but we don't need an authority figure from outside the program contradicting what the program is trying to do, in conflict with what the authority figures inside the program are trying to get into the kid's head. Just hope he leaves with his academics in good order.
Steve is the biggest surprise to me. I'm not sure what has gotten into his head. It's taken me a while to realize that holding out hope for a major improvement on his part was self defeating. We'd seen no improvement -- even regression in some ways -- over two seasons. Had to start wondering what made me think he might still improve enough this year to be a valuable contributor the next? Facey's senior season? Nah, we'd seen far more flashes from Facey in his first couple years than we've seen from Steve. It's a terrible way of looking at his departure, but we'll miss his five fouls.

Reaction Score
Interestingly I always felt Rodney deferred to Jalen and had no problem letting him be the alpha. That's rare between seniors and sophomores.

I'm excited with Christian and Jalen on the floor together because by the end of the season Christian had demonstrated he can be a playmaker with the ball in his hands. If Alterique comes back strong we have a good nucleus of guards and hopefully Gilbert can integrate quickly with the other two.
For the most part, I agree. But there's still something about an upperclassman being the unquestioned leader instead of a sophomore that seems more natural (like Kemba as a junior instead of a sophomore). This is just my observation from the couch, so I could be way off there.

The bigger factor, though, is Vital's and Jalen's games seem to to mesh together better. Vital isn't a natural playmaker, but he's more of a threat to go to the basket than Purvis. Ollie's offense is at its best when they have multiple players who can break defenders down off the bounce. (Add in Gilbert, potentially, and they could have three of them.)

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Who the hell are you? The guy is insufferable and constantly spouts BS. I didn't say a damn word to you, so . I guess one thing that Chief didn't lie about is he really does have bitches.....and you are clearly one of them.
Nah. I'm just the anger management dude who patrols this forum. I get chief's schtick. It's humorous to some, annoying to some and certainly angers others. You happen to be one of them who is angry at his stuff. I'm trying to keep you within a boundary that doesn't get you tossed is all.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
For the most part, I agree. But there's still something about an upperclassman being the unquestioned leader instead of a sophomore that seems more natural (like Kemba as a junior instead of a sophomore). This is just my observation from the couch, so I could be way off there.

The bigger factor, though, is Vital's and Jalen's games seem to to mesh together better. Vital isn't a natural playmaker, but he's more of a threat to go to the basket than Purvis. Ollie's offense is at its best when they have multiple players who can break defenders down off the bounce. (Add in Gilbert, potentially, and they could have three of them.)

No, that's a reality. It's possible (KEA and maybe you could throw Doron in there; also Caron, but he wasn't a guard), but being an upperclassmen, through experience and growth curves alone, is pretty damn critical.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Currently you are a "poor man's" version of @BigErnMcCracken. This statement is probably an insult to the expression "poor man".

As you might know BigErn is a legend with what happened at MSG. And you might know, that like you, he has made it a point to follow chief and zing him every time he felt chief was OTT. But he upped his game and became clever with his zings such that the forum looked forward to chief posting and Big responding. He also learned to not continue pushing chief to stop. The result is most people, including the two antagonists, appreciated the interaction.

We strongly believe that like UConn players posters in the Boneyard should improve their game. Hopefully you can master this.

gb has been around a long time. Somebody's gotta bust chiefs ball on the regular. Not like he's way outta line here. We certainly don't want to become the womens board.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He tore his shoulder labrum in the McDonald's AA game last year, had surgery, then came to UConn, hurt it again, and had surgery again. I know people who this sort of thing became chronic and ruined their athletic career and then there's people like Kris Dunn who shut it down properly for a long time and came back better than ever. Shoulder injuries are some of the hardest to call
He didnt have the same surgery the 2nd time. I actually dont eveb think it was the same shoulder. I cpuld absolutely be wrong tho

Reaction Score
He didnt have the same surgery the 2nd time. I actually dont eveb think it was the same shoulder. I cpuld absolutely be wrong tho

It was the same shoulder. His first procedure was arthroscopic to address his labrum. The second procedure was much more extensive and open surgery.

Reaction Score
Nah. I'm just the anger management dude who patrols this forum. I get chief's schtick. It's humorous to some, annoying to some and certainly angers others. You happen to be one of them who is angry at his stuff. I'm trying to keep you within a boundary that doesn't get you tossed is all.
I love Chief's schtick, you've got me totally wrong. It's the best entertainment on the board in my opinion. It's just complete folly, and that's why I feel the need to point it out. But it's total humor to me, not anger.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I love Chief's schtick, you've got me totally wrong. It's the best entertainment on the board in my opinion. It's just complete folly, and that's why I feel the need to point it out. But it's total humor to me, not anger.
Gotcha. At the very least responses to chief are gold for likes. Sorry I mistook your commentary for something else. Tough to get a gauge of how people are saying things in a forum.

@intlzncster I'm aware gb's been around for a while and has a lot to contribute. Simple misunderstanding on my part. I'm sure he appreciates you speaking on his behalf. I know I was. But I thought it was hilarious you brought up the women's forum. Your intercession struck me as exactly what would take place in that forum.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Gotcha. At the very least responses to chief are gold for likes. Sorry I mistook your commentary for something else. Tough to get a gauge of how people are saying things in a forum.

@intlzncster I'm aware gb's been around for a while and has a lot to contribute. Simple misunderstanding on my part. I'm sure he appreciates you speaking on his behalf. I know I was. But I thought it was hilarious you brought up the women's forum. Your intercession struck me as exactly what would take place in that forum.

Hahaha probably. This is what happens when we discuss these kinds of things. It all goes to hell

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score

Don't feel bad, @uconngb. I made a post about how all of the evidence on this forum points to the fact that Chief is actually Donald Trump - what with all of his "fake news," "alternative facts," and ending sentences with "sad!" etc... I mean there are tons of other signs as well, but I won't get into them because someone found a need to delete my post for being 'overly political.'[/QUOTE]

Reaction Score

I think I love Christian a little bit more every day. This kid is all in.

The kid is a scrapper but that said he has talent, and we're gonna need it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom