Looks like the rest of the world is finally finding out Emmert is a pedantic scumsucking | The Boneyard

Looks like the rest of the world is finally finding out Emmert is a pedantic scumsucking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Better late than never. This guy is a target rich caricature of integrity. His single minded vindicitiveness and his blatant hypocrisay- all traits known by UConn fans- are finally coming to light.

The long knives are out for him, which will do nothing to take away what the petty little di*khead to UConn and JC. But Mr. Emmert, meet KARMA, your big hairy biatch.

-------------------

Digging into the past of NCAA President Mark Emmert

Brent Schrotenboer, USA TODAY Sports7:24p.m. EDT April 2, 2013
The man entrusted as the NCAA's moral compass...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...dent-emmert-previous-cases-uconn-lsu/2047607/

Reaction Score
Whenever I see him whether it be an interview or even a picture, my blood boils. He is such a smarmy little snake, I'm happy I've never run into him anywhere because it wouldn't be pretty. The guy makes me see red, I can't even imagine how Calhoun feels about him.

Reaction Score
For those who just want the UConn part:

The UConn scandal
Pelto had a front-row seat to the inner workings of the UConn administration and the mismanagement of the $1 billion construction project that was designed to upgrade the campus. Gov. Rell had appointed him to find out what happened when the project's major problems became glaringly apparent in 2005, with severe budget overruns and more than 100 fire and safety code violations that needed to be corrected. Pelto conservatively estimated the project's missteps cost at least $100 million in state money.
But two investigations — one by Pelto's commission and another by the UConn board of trustees — concluded many of the problems could have been avoided if somebody had blown the whistle after problems became apparent years earlier.
A handwritten memo on Emmert's stationery from 1998 lists a "summary of big issues" regarding the construction project. The memo outlines a debriefing by a company, PinnacleOne, which performed an audit that raised several serious concerns, including financial issues, problems with design standards and the experience of the staff working on the project.
"Mark Emmert's own notes indicate he was aware of at least six key issues," according to a report by a board of trustees member in 2005.
A new audit of the project in 2005 discovered the same problems that were in the audit seven years earlier — problems not brought to light at the time. Even UConn President Philip Austin said he recalled only a positive portrayal of the audit being passed on to him, though the commission found it hard to believe he also didn't know about the problems.
"We believe the handling of the report was consistent with the practice at the time to avoid the possibility of negative information becoming public," says the final report of the commission in 2005.
Pelto said the university might have feared losing funding or control of the project to the state if the problems had become known sooner. He said Emmert was in charge of the project and delegated responsibilities to others without keeping track of what was happening.
"It was just one massive screw-up after another," Pelto said.
Two of Emmert's former subordinates were placed on administrative leave and ultimately resigned.
By then, Emmert had left to become the chancellor at LSU in mid-1999. Pelto said the commission tried to interview him about the scandal but it was a "nonproductive discussion. (Emmert) said, 'I didn't know what was going on, and I thought it was taken care of.'"

Reaction Score
Too bad the article didn't reference his / NCAA's decision to punish UCONN twice for the same deal...

I was going to say, I hope there is a follow up article on that little bit of trivia that has been swept under the rug.

Reaction Score
The worst was his handling of the Roc Alexander rape case at U. Washington. He protected the athletic department people who tried to cover up the rapes. He didn't fire them for covering it up and exerting pressure on the victims. He tacitly approved their actions after the fact.

Reaction Score
I know a bunch of state building officials who have dealings at uconn. I should prod them about this.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
He can be pedantic - he can be pedantic!

images

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Better late than never. This guy is a target rich caricature of integrity. His single minded vindicitiveness and his blatant hypocrisay- all traits known by UConn fans- are finally coming to light./

I think it is our bad luck.

Now that the guy and the NCAA is a raging joke, Syracuse and Miami are on the chopping block.

The NCAA will tickle their nuts with a feather and declare their cases over.

The timing of this s*** is absolutely awful for us.

Reaction Score

Now that the guy and the NCAA is a raging joke, Syracuse and Miami are on the chopping block.

Once a decade, we get the special treatment from headquarters...

Rod Sellers suspension 340 days later - hasn't happened before or since
Caron Butler suspension after NCAA promised amnesty - the NCAA decided that rule was impractical, got rid of it
Retroactive academic probation - will never happen again

Reaction Score
I don't think I've ever angrily emailed someone, but I've never been more tempted to be that guy than with duck*ing Emmert.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Once a decade, we get the special treatment from headquarters...

Rod Sellers suspension 340 days later - hasn't happened before or since
Caron Butler suspension after NCAA promised amnesty - the NCAA decided that rule was impractical, got rid of it
Retroactive academic probation - will never happen again

The Butler thing was priceless.

The NCAA offered the two-game penalty to anyone who had ever received assistance for prep school tuition....and all of three kids in the entire country came forward.

Reaction Score
The Butler thing was priceless.

The NCAA offered the two-game penalty to anyone who had ever received assistance for prep school tuition....and all of three kids in the entire country came forward.

And Caron's assistance was something like $100 from the Racine Boys & Girls Club from a couple bake sales and a weekend of collecting cans. And a dozen other kids got the same amount who weren't even athletes.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Anyone see him in the luxury suite with Obama last weekend? He looks smarmy from 100 yards away.

Reaction Score
Better late than never. This guy is a target rich caricature of integrity. His single minded vindicitiveness and his blatant hypocrisay- all traits known by UConn fans- are finally coming to light.

The long knives are out for him, which will do nothing to take away what the petty little di*khead to UConn and JC. But Mr. Emmert, meet KARMA, your big hairy biatch.

-------------------

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...dent-emmert-previous-cases-uconn-lsu/2047607/
Can the state sue him retroactively? Just change the law tonight. In the clink tomorrow.

Reaction Score

-------------------

Isn't it amazing that wheneverthere is a scandal, Emmert is a part of the program in some way. What a coincidence. He, of course has no knowledge of all the evil doings around him. Just a convenient coincidence.
f33KING BASTID.

Reaction Score
Anyone see him in the luxury suite with Obama last weekend? He looks smarmy from 100 yards away.

I was sitting a couple sections over from their suite. He got booed when they put him up on the big screen, especially on the Thursday game when Miami was playing

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Miami fans should be showering the guy with praise! They deserve sanctions, and will likely get off with nothing because of Emmert's incompetence.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

I wouldn't put it past the SU Journalism Department to have a hand in the timing of the article! One gap in this article and I would love to hear from some lawyers is conflict of interest.

Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun mentioned this article in his talk at the Boston Globe today. I'm sure he's not a big fan of Mr. Emmert.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He was scum several years back when all the around JC was going down. Nothing has changed other than ESPN's invested interest is on the hot seat and ESPN has to protect it's vested interest. Ville, Cuse, Miami, Louisville are all being investigated. That could impact ACC ratings next season. Alright Ville is still in the American Conference as is Rutgirls. But postseason bans for several ACC teams could negate a championship game.

So I want Emmart to go down but it would be a travesty if it happened in a manner that altered any proper investigation to the rogue programs that were far more egregious in their athletic activities than UConn ever was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom