looks like Nerlens Noel Might go to Cuse's Midnight Madness | The Boneyard

looks like Nerlens Noel Might go to Cuse's Midnight Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
going around TOS. they are saying cuse is leading

Reaction Score
All other things being equal, the present uncertainty of BE and Cuse defection to ACC would seem to favor Cuse. Hopefully this hot mess will have a favorable ending for UCONN.

Reaction Score
to be fair they were 2nd in the country in blocks last year and had the defensive player of the year, their big man recruiting has picked up a lot over the past few years

Reaction Score
to be fair they were 2nd in the country in blocks last year and had the defensive player of the year, their big man recruiting has picked up a lot over the past few years

And all they have to show for it is Melo Yellow.

Reaction Score
He seems like a perfect fit for UConn. He's the player I've wanted most, even over AD. Don't get me wrong. AD is an awesome talent and the timing couldn't be better to add someone like AD, but I love Nerlens' game. Best shotblocker I've seen since Emeka and his offensive game is much improved with tons of upside.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
How does Quse ever get a 5 to come to their school? Zone really?
I was thinking the same thing. Why go to a school that doesn't develop any big men or anyone really?

Reaction Score
He seems like a perfect fit for UConn. He's the player I've wanted most, even over AD. Don't get me wrong. AD is an awesome talent and the timing couldn't be better to add someone like AD, but I love Nerlens' game. Best shotblocker I've seen since Emeka and his offensive game is much improved with tons of upside.
I completely agree. He would be perfect. He is a defensive beast, and a great shot blocker. Wouldn't he want to go to a school that is always known for their defense and shot blocking. I still think we got a good chance with this kid. And what from Syracuse fans are saying, their March Madness is pretty pathetic and a poor showing, and wish that he would visit during a game instead. So i wouldn't put to much into this. I also think how Andre Drummond does this year will have an impact on his decision.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
yea its pretty unbelievable they win more than 5 games ne year :confused:
I said develop big men or anyone to the pros. If we talk about winning games. UConn's were it's at.

Reaction Score
Huh? Quse wins plenty of games and is going to have a very very good team this year- next year as well. Winning and developing your skills are to separate things.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
what cuse centers are in the nba?

bottom line. rick jackson didn't get much love. we got boone/thabet/hilton $$$. if a center was ever down to cuse and uconn and chose cuse, that kid was not mentally ready for uconn basketball, so on to the next one. i have faith that noel will see the light and chose a good program for him uconn or not, but him going to cuse is a dumb decision imo if he does...

Reaction Score

bottom line. rick jackson didn't get much love. we got boone/thabet/hilton $$$. if a center was ever down to cuse and uconn and chose cuse, that kid was not mentally ready for uconn basketball, so on to the next one. i have faith that noel will see the light and chose a good program for him uconn or not, but him going to cuse is a dumb decision imo if he does...

Etan Thomas who has had a better career than all of them, saying Cuse doesnt develop guys is ridiculous, Uconn has a great history with big guys im not disputing that its just funny how people always hate on the zone....and did Thabeet or Boone even finish last year on an nba roster?

Reaction Score

Josh, Hilton & Hasheem are nothing to be beating our chests about as UConn fans as far as their pro careers.

Reaction Score
back to the topic at hand, I really want Noel in a UConn jersey.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Noels would be a good get for any school who gets him. So would Bennett. I would be happy to get either of these guys. And I'm happy we got AD.

And I'll be even happier if the NBA contract forces him to play two years at UConn.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Etan Thomas who has had a better career than all of them, saying Cuse doesnt develop guys is ridiculous, Uconn has a great history with big guys im not disputing that its just funny how people always hate on the zone....and did Thabeet or Boone even finish last year on an nba roster?
Josh, Hilton & Hasheem are nothing to be beating our chests about as UConn fans as far as their pro careers.

first off they are, we took guys who weren't that killer high ranked and got them draft$$$, how many times has cuse done that. then lets add jake to the list and ok4 as well.

cuse fan-i respect your program and your argument, all good. i didn't think of etan at all. but my point still stands. big guys don't go to play zone and try to make it to the nba, its just not the path. you guys send wings and guard to the nba, thats your programs thing. if noel were to chose cuse, best of luck etc. but him doing that would show us a little bit ? in his decision making as to where he wants to be in the future. uconn may not even make his final 5 a year from now, who the heck knows. but for a center talent like him to be high on a zone program just baffles me...

Reaction Score
Noels would be a good get for any school who gets him. So would Bennett. I would be happy to get either of these guys. And I'm happy we got AD.

And I'll be even happier if the NBA contract forces him to play two years at UConn.
How about both? Bennett is 2012 and Noel is 2013.

Reaction Score
Was Noel leaning towards reclassifying to 2012? or was that just stated as a possibility?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
noel school wise can reclassify but he has said he doesn't want to. just wait till he watches ad, things will change.

Reaction Score
Was Noel leaning towards reclassifying to 2012? or was that just stated as a possibility?
It was stated as a possibility but he shot it down and said he was staying in 2013. Then again Drummond said the same thing and look how that one turned out!

Reaction Score
I was speaking as far as what they've done as pros. No question UConn develops pros better than Cuse does and Hasheem, Hilton, and Josh(not to the level we all hoped) developed nicely during their time here, but they've been pretty much all busts at the pro level based on where they were drafted.

first off they are, we took guys who weren't that killer high ranked and got them draft$$$, how many times has cuse done that. then lets add jake to the list and ok4 as well.

cuse fan-i respect your program and your argument, all good. i didn't think of etan at all. but my point still stands. big guys don't go to play zone and try to make it to the nba, its just not the path. you guys send wings and guard to the nba, thats your programs thing. if noel were to chose cuse, best of luck etc. but him doing that would show us a little bit ? in his decision making as to where he wants to be in the future. uconn may not even make his final 5 a year from now, who the heck knows. but for a center talent like him to be high on a zone program just baffles me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom