looks like Nerlens Noel Might go to Cuse's Midnight Madness | Page 2 | The Boneyard

looks like Nerlens Noel Might go to Cuse's Midnight Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
first off they are, we took guys who weren't that killer high ranked and got them draft$$$, how many times has cuse done that. then lets add jake to the list and ok4 as well.

cuse fan-i respect your program and your argument, all good. i didn't think of etan at all. but my point still stands. big guys don't go to play zone and try to make it to the nba, its just not the path. you guys send wings and guard to the nba, thats your programs thing. if noel were to chose cuse, best of luck etc. but him doing that would show us a little bit ? in his decision making as to where he wants to be in the future. uconn may not even make his final 5 a year from now, who the heck knows. but for a center talent like him to be high on a zone program just baffles me...

I totally agree with u, and if I was a top big man recruit id pick uconn over cuse as well just based on their history I was just trying to say the zone gets a bad rap sometimes in general like their a bad defensive team or something

Reaction Score
I was speaking as far as what they've done as pros. No question UConn develops pros better than Cuse does and Hasheem, Hilton, and Josh(not to the level we all hoped) developed nicely during their time here, but they've been pretty much all busts at the pro level based on where they were drafted.
where do you guys come up with this stuff?

Reaction Score
I would argue that getting Hilton drafted in the lottery is one of JC's greatest accomplishments as head coach at UConn.

Reaction Score
I would argue that getting Hilton drafted in the lottery is one of JC's greatest accomplishments as head coach at UConn.
you mean aside from the 3 national titles, getting some guy into the lottery was his greatest accomplishment? wtf is going on over here?

Reaction Score
Not sure what is crazier, stating that getting Hilton to the pros was one of JC's top accomplishments or questioning that Uconn develops better pros than Cuse but both are pretty bat .

Reaction Score
Not sure what is crazier, stating that getting Hilton to the pros was one of JC's top accomplishments or questioning that Uconn develops better pros than Cuse but both are pretty bat .
The craziest thing would be taking my statement as a 100% serious contention.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
How is this even debatable? Put up your list of NBA alumni and then put up UConn's, isn't even a contest.

I'll give you Carmelo and it's still no contest. And SU developed Carmelo about as much as Tom Brady improved Gisele's sex appeal.

Reaction Score
i'm a knicks fan, but all melo will be remembered for when his career is over is his cuse national title and that he was an exceptional NBA scorer that never cared about defense.

Reaction Score
No dis-respect to Quse intended, but why would any recruit choose Quse over UConn as long as Calhoun is coaching? UConn puts a heck of a lot more players in the NBA, and they are just a sexier destination (yes, I did mention sexy and Stoors in the same sentence) at this point coming off a historic run. That said, I'm not trying to take anything away from Boeheim's system as he wins year after year.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
side note- AO is working his magic with Noel. He is always on his social media game with noel and others. he played several times with him over the summer and hosted him at uconn as well. AO has been one of my fav players since i was born. kid puts on for his school. when AL left for prov, our big connect with tilton had left, but JC was still on great terms up there with the staff and KO is joining right in and establishing contacts thru JC up there. tilton pipeline to uconn cna be huge for us the next 5 years! AO is the golden ticket though. He came from MA, from Tilton and he is a better recruiter than half of cb coaches in d1 bball. may god bless AO and his agression to making sure that uconn gets the best and only the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom