Looks like KO doghouse runs deeper than JC's doghouse | The Boneyard

Looks like KO doghouse runs deeper than JC's doghouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
AB commits an early foul and is gone for the game, Nolan gets an Offensive RB and instead of going up strong tries a fade away air ball and is gone for the game, Calhoun travels when he has a wide open three and then does not get back on D in transition and is gone for the game. KO has a deep in game doghouse. We were getting killed in the paint with the small line up and I believe AB could have helped on D. With the exception of the seven 3's, I believe and the other points were in the paint or FT's on drives to the basket. UCONN did play good D in the second half but still got hurt in the paint.

One concern is that these players maybe afraid to make a mistake because they will be sitting out the rest of the game. You get into their heads and you can lose these players.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He plays favorites, isn't it obvious?

Reaction Score
All valid points…….some deserving some not…….pretty weird he shortened the bench in the first half when there was very little passion out there! Omar is very strange…..he needs offense to so the "little things"….when he makes shots he rebounds and defends better - if he did those things even when not scoring he may stay on the court but he doesn't. He's a strange cat!

Reaction Score
Scared to make mistakes? JC had them pissin in their shorts, and looking at the bench after every miscue.

Ollie wants effort (10 toes type), mistakes are part of the game. Calhoun and the others got beat, out hustled, and outrebounded. I think that's what irked Ollie.

How in the hell does a 5'11" point guard lead our team in rebounding?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If this happened in a different game there may be a point on the Nolan/Brimah treatment but last night neither cold do a thing against Thomas. We really didn't lose a thing defensively when we had Daniels/Giffey instead of either Nolan or Brimah and Olander played far too well (especially in comparison to the other two centers).

Reaction Score
As soon as I saw Thomas's averages I knew we were in for a rough go of it down low.

C

Chief00

I think people our overstating Tyler's play yesterday. Admittedly, the bar was set low.

Reaction Score
Chief00 said:
I think people our overstating Tyler's play yesterday. Admittedly, the bar was set low.

To a degree. Our team defense was infinitely better in the second half and he was out there. He did a good job on Thomas and brought help when it was needed to close off driving lanes. Going off memory, but I'm pretty sure UH got to the rim a couple times when he was on the bench (once when we tried a 1-3-1 trap that was broken easily). There was the play late where he got the initial stop but gave up the offensive rebound to Thomas - that was a negative, but just another shot glass in a bathtub of negative over the 40 minutes.

Our improved offensive play didn't have much to do with him, besides the occasional screen.

Reaction Score
2 points and 4 rebounds.

And the stats tell the story right chief? C'mon that's ridiculous……would we like more? Hell yeah but for the way Thomas was pushing everyone else around he did a fine job considering some bash him plenty on her….own up when the guy does a decent job instead of throwing him out there…….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom