Looks Like Dion Waiters To OKC | The Boneyard

Looks Like Dion Waiters To OKC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pulled from the starting lineup today. Framework in place for a Three way trade with the Knicks. And from the first looks of it, Lamb isn't in the deal. In fact, no rotation players from OKC are. If nothing else happens, he's buried even more.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Waiters is a good pick up for OKC. If he can be what he was last year for the Cavs he gives OKC a solid third scoring option.

Reaction Score
This could be good news for AJ Price. AJ is under contract but was likely to be released next week. This could open up a spot for him on the Cav's permanent roster. Let's hope so.

Reaction Score
What does Dion Waiters do well? I get that he's a young, talented asset, but three years into his career, there's little to suggest that he's a good NBA player. I don't see how he fits in OKC at all unless they are planning on flipping him for another player. I think Reggie Jackson is better and Anthony Morrow probably is, too. I'm not sure where Waiters' minutes are coming from.

Reaction Score
Just what okc needs........another me first, high volume shooter! He couldn't co-exist with Lebron and Irving. How long before he gets pissed at his role in this offense?

Reaction Score
Waiters isn't even better than lamb , and lamb will get further buried on the bench

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Knicks should get a center out of this season. JR was the dumbest player in the history of dumb players.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
This season absolutely sucks but at least JR is gone and that adds almost 7 million dollars more in cap space.

But still, the Knicks roster actually looks worse than the 76ers'. :(

Reaction Score
This season absolutely sucks but at least JR is gone and that adds almost 7 million dollars more in cap space.

But still, the Knicks roster actually looks worse than the 76ers'. :(

Phil going full on tank mode, he's trying to convince Melo to sit out the season.

Reaction Score
I wish Lamb was included on OKC's side of the deal, watching Ish Smith throw up wild floaters, throw bad passes and commit a dumb foul at the end of a quarter in this Golden State/OKC game is annoying the hell outta me.

Reaction Score
i've watched waiters play a lot, and i will say he isn't even better than morrow or lamb. this just adds to scotty flummoxed with his rotation.sure its more talent, but you reaally dont don't even need it. if anything you need another WING like 6'8 defender who hits threes. waiters is cancerous

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Waiters is a bad guy to have on the floor and a bad guy to have in the locker room.

I'd say there's a 50% chance Lamb's gonna be on the move shortly.

Reaction Score
Waiters is a bad guy to have on the floor and a bad guy to have in the locker room.

I'd say there's a 50% chance Lamb's gonna be on the move shortly.
i would like somewhere with extended bench minutes, with consistently . he is good enough for that role right now.

Reaction Score
I wish Lamb was included on OKC's side of the deal, watching Ish Smith throw up wild floaters, throw bad passes and commit a dumb foul at the end of a quarter in this Golden State/OKC game is annoying the hell outta me.

I think Brooks had one lineup out there with Jackson, Ish Smith, Morrow, Perry Jones and Perkins. Sometimes it feels like he's pulling names out of a hat.

Reaction Score
roberson on the floor offering nothing, heck RJ looking discontent. still no sight of lamb

Reaction Score
Jeremy Lamb's benching seems personal to me. The better question is he just a pawn in a Presti/Brooks tug of war or does Brooks just not like Lamb? Either way, it makes no sense and I feel for the kid. At worst, Lamb should be the second guy off the bench. I think we will get more clarity shortly. As a one off move, the Waiters deal makes no sense for OKC. Something is brewing...........

Reaction Score
Lamb has been pretty crap, he has a few decent games where he actually hits shots, but lets be honest, if he cant hit shots he's useless to an NBA team. I just think he's not that good, doesn't have the killer instinct for the game, we could see a bit of that early on. He had the talent and a body for the game, but his head just wasn't always in it

Reaction Score
i've been reading how the thunder 'needed' waiters. no they didn't. he is a malcontent , who is ball dominate and doesn't even play defense. oh and he can't even shoot. if this is an insurance policy for jackson, this is some crap insurance policy. they need to make another move. i want lamb on the pelicans, or anywhere else.

Reaction Score
Don't watch the NBA but I do watch sports news. Many reporters like OKC getting Waiters.

Is he really that 'NBA' bad? He did have some skills in college.

Reaction Score
Don't watch the NBA but I do watch sports news. Many reporters like OKC getting Waiters.

Is he really that 'NBA' bad? He did have some skills in college.
Yes, he is. He's one of those guys who's gonna put up numbers on bad teams, and people will always wonder why he couldn't do it for a contender.

The reasons? He's a ball-dominant shooting guard who isn't the greatest shooter, isn't the greatest scorer, and only looks to pass if his first, second and third options fall through. He's also a nitwit who isn't particularly good in the locker room.

I understand wanting to upgrade from Lamb and co., but Waiters simply doesn't provide that. Presti just can't seem to surround his starts with the right players.

Reaction Score
Uconn plays some of the ugliest basketball. I mean its either we lose or win close. Can we ever blow somebody out???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom