Looking like rescheduled Providence game won't happen | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Looking like rescheduled Providence game won't happen

Reaction Score
If we need extra motivation to beat them the next time we play them, we have a bigger problem than that game. And why give Providence more motivation by using that schtick?

You could say it privately losing the way we did to them should be motivation enough.

Reaction Score
Could very well be true, Hurley should feed them the line that they are ducking us.
Sure, maybe it helps. But it's the 2022 season and we have a really good team. We have talent on our team, we don't need to create some fake hype scenarios for when 2 top 20 teams face off

Reaction Score
The two schools are literally an hour drive away from each other. There is zero reason not to play this game.
The Big East sets the rules of engagement:

You can't play back to back days
You can't play 3 games in a week for back to back weeks.
You don't think PC wants the sold out gate for this game?
You don't think FOX wants this game?

It isn't up the schools this season to make the call.

The conference has been clear on how this goes. I said weeks ago February 3 was the only date that looked available and it turns out it doesn't work since it would be 3 games back to back weeks so unless another game falls through, the conference has said no.

Reaction Score

The conference has been clear on how this goes. I said weeks ago February 3 was the only date that looked available and it turns out it doesn't work since it would be 3 games back to back weeks so unless another game falls through, the conference has said no.
So then why are they not forced to forfeit? This benefits PC. It should have the opposite effect. It's garbage

Reaction Score
Their season will be remembered for what they do in March. As will ours
Thank you.

Regular season may give then a higher seed in the BE Tourney but they will have to run the gauntlet to win the tourney at UCONN's third home court. Sometimes I think that MSG is a bigger advantage than Hartford for UCONN,

Then everyone's record is 0-0 when the NCAA's start. March Madness is what counts.

Reaction Score
So then why are they not forced to forfeit? This benefits PC. It should have the opposite effect. It's garbage
They missed the games since it was due to COVID. They changed the rules in December due to Omnicron that there is no forfeiting if you don't have 7 players and 1 coach that are able to play due to COVID.

yes it does benefit them but the only alternative is to move back Big East tournament which they aren't going to do. I guess BE title will have to be based on win percentage.

Reaction Score
I think it's because they don't want to punish teams for getting infected with a nearly-unavoidable virus. Remember, before omicron they were going to impose forfeits, because at that point you could be reasonably expected to avoid having too many players out by behaving responsibly. That went way out the window with the new variant.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score

People will read this and still think PC made the decision. But thanks for trying.

Reaction Score
Sure, maybe it helps. But it's the 2022 season and we have a really good team. We have talent on our team, we don't need to create some fake hype scenarios for when 2 top 20 teams face off

For me personally it’s more fun to think their ducking us.

Reaction Score
For me personally it’s more fun to think their ducking us.
Providence fans made comments about how we are ducking games when we went on pause on both the mens and womens side and I saw them even claim that UConn was ducking them when it was reported that the game would probably not be made up

Reaction Score
Providence fans made comments about how we are ducking games when we went on pause on both the mens and womens side and I saw them even claim that UConn was ducking them when it was reported that the game would probably not be made up
So then be better than PC fans, it isn't hard. The bar is very low. No one is ducking anyone. The end.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don’t know what the journalistic rules or his aspirations are, but I don’t think he hides the fact that he is a full-on UConn fan who looks at most things with Husky-colored glasses.
He said at NBC he hid his UConn bias because that’s what they expect of their national analysts. But now that he owns his own media company, there’s no need to hide it anymore. He hosts the UConn podcast on his media network @FriarJ of course he’s gonna tweet shade at at yall.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
What if UConn finishes 15 - 4 and PC 13 - 4? Who's angry then? This is a bigger issue for them then it is for us.

Bring on DePaul

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom